The truth about "Orc Fatigue" "night elf fatigue" "Human Fatigue"

It’s basically already meaningless, though? The Sunwell’s been restored and High Elves can freely visit Silvermoon anyway. The only real difference at this point is that High Elves just enjoy hanging out with humans more, and I think it would be interesting if that didn’t apply to every single High Elf.

You’re playing a human with pointy ears. It’s usually a safe choice for players, who are not comfortable playing fantasy races.

I think the point is the only difference between a Blood and High elf is literally just the political name they use. Otherwise there’s really not much that seperates one from the other

1 Like

Sure, but that’s precisely where the heart of the criticism lies : Belves shouldn’t have been handled this way, the Light-powered Sunwell was always a mistake, and Neutral Silvermoon isn’t the way to go.

(Also i edited my answer to Carhagen by mistake so my original post is gone lmao oopsie)

Yes, as I said the differences are political. Period.

So what’s even the point of including high elves when the only difference, politics, is effectively moot by the very fact they joined the same faction?

It’s the equivalent of giving the Horde sand trolls, but they can only select the same classes as Darkspear, have Darkspear racials, share Darkspear lore, use the Darkspear model, but have a smaller customization selection.

As I said before, give the Alliance high elves and give the Horde fel elves. That balances it out with shadow/arcane on one side and fel/light on the other.

points at the dark irons

Maybe, but the ship has sailed for the first two and Blizzard’s gonna Blizzard re the third. Also, unless I’ve missed something, we don’t know for sure that Neutral Silvermoon is happening, but hypothetically.

So basically you’re saying that any High Elf that wants to rejoin Silvermoon should be called a Blood Elf? Eh, I see where you’re coming from. But in that case, there should defintely be the same customization options for Blood Elves.

Dude, literally nobody wants fel elves.

Nobody wanted void elves either and yet we ended up with one.

That’s … not a point in favor of them, lol.

Anyway, Demon Hunters fill the “fel + elf” niche already.

My point being it would be a way to equal the preverbial(cosmic) scale. We get two flavors of Silvermoon elves, the Horde gets two.

Also, you cant have fel elves of other classes, so no demon hunter would not fill the niche.

Fel Elves are just Blood Elves

1 Like

San’layn (“death elves”) would make more sense as the second on the Horde. They at least have a history in the game.

And you’re playing a short green Jersey human with pointy ears. Goblins aren’t exactly wholly alien.

Anyway, you don’t know what leads anyone to choose the race they play or what other characters they might have. Yes, I’m posting on a blood elf, but I also have tauren, troll, and goblin characters Hordeside. Plus a dracthyr that I haven’t played much.

Dark irons have always been presented as physically different from Wildhammer and Bronzebeard dwarves. A lot moreso than just a green eye option. And they had been seperated from the other two dwarf clans for a lot longer than… What two, maybe three decades since WCIII?

It’d be more akin to Defias Human being treated as a whole seperate race and rejoining the Alliance.

Except the green eyes, because that’s distinctly a result of the six years blood elves sipped some fel, where the high elves never did that.

Like, that’s the only major difference between the two. One sipped fel and hung out with the bad boys (Kael/Illidan, then Horde) while the other didn’t.

The Horde neither wants nor needs more elves. We will gladly take forest trolls instead.

Neither side needs more elves. Not when, like I said multiple times, that there are far more interesting races already allied with both factions that blizz could make playable and ones that people been asking for for literal years now

1 Like

I agree, but helf fans gonna helf fan, and at this point I’m worn down and just want to give it to them so they can focus on something else.

1 Like

Look, if you’re really hell bent on wasting another full-blown AR slot on Alliance High Elves, and, for some reason, it has to translate into another Elf variant Horde-side, then at the very least I require San’layn

1 Like

Part of me wants blizz to give them HEs, but the more rational side of me wants blizz to stop catering to them. They already got the customizations, they really need to go away already

I mention how much I been loathing alliance high elves lately? Because I really really strongly dislike high elves.

2 Likes

Eh. They won’t. And in my opinion, I’d rather more players got things that make them happy without actively harming the game. You want high elves as a full race? Sure, why not, go ahead, doesn’t affect me at all. Give the Alliance a third elf to match their three humans and soon to be three dwarf or dwarf-like races.

It doesn’t impact me, so why fight to deny them? As long as it fits fine in the lore, of course (which high elves do).

2 Likes

Mainly because the other alliance races like the worgen get so little screen time, and the kaldorei already suck with how much we have to deal with their issues every expansion that comes out that I admit I am thoroughly done with dealing with any elves.

But that’s just me being sick of them

2 Likes