The truth about "Orc Fatigue" "night elf fatigue" "Human Fatigue"

I think the hang-up is that Zerde doesn’t see why if, as you have agreed, you can already choose to be a high elf in all but racial tag and ability aesthetics, why is it a step too far to then add the racial tag and ability aesthetics as options?

1 Like

What Zerde wants is for Blizzard to change Void Elves completely to High Elves.

So when you go to the character creation screen, you see ‘High Elf’ as a race option instead of Void Elf. When I pointed out, correctly, that doing so is not as simple as changing the name of the race and would require changing racial abilities, heritage armor, the recruitment scenario and the starting location. All of which are tied to the Void Elves aesthetically, he started making stupid arguments and attempting to compare what he’s asking for, to Man’ari customization options for Draenei.

I think he has been very clear that it isn’t what he wants though? Every post I read was that he wants high elves as a more fleshed out customization option for the void elves.

This line by him makes it pretty clear that void elf is the default, and the option being to change void stuff to arcane stuff. I think this is why he’s actually arguing to handle high elves like man’ari; they are the option layed atop the default.

1 Like

He’s made his initial argument fairly clear.

What he wants is for Blizzard to remove Void Elves and replace them with High Elves. I’m not having this debate again though.

2 Likes

I assume by nameplate, he’s referring to the nameplate that appears when you mouse over someone? It definitely doesn’t sound like he used nameplate to mean character select screen, because he would have just said character select screen.

2 Likes

Yep, the self heal racial draenei got, if you use the man’ari skins, it turns it into a fel green heal, instead of a light based one. Proving that blizz can indeed change the racials based on customization skin tones if they so desired.

So it shouldn’t be TOO HARD, to change the void elf racials into an arcane based one for the high elf customizations we already have. Which if they did that, I think a lot of these complaints would die down/go away completely

4 Likes

I would rather High Elves get their own racials, unique armor and their own starting location, rather than just leech off the Void Elves with a tiny cosmetic change.

And honestly, Midnight would be the perfect time to accomplish that. They’re aiming for a ‘reunification of the elves’ for that expansion. So why not make High Elves the neutral race for that expansion, and allow players who create one to join either the Horde or the Alliance? There’s no downside.

And I rather Blizzard not waste a AR slot on yet another alliance elf. When there’s far better suited races currently allied with the alliance like the Jinyu that can be added

I will keep saying to all the high elf fanatics. The alliance needs LESS ELVES not more.

2 Likes

And who says we can’t have that as well?

BFA saw us get not one, not two, but ten different allied races split evenly between the factions. And I expect we’ll see more allied races being added beyond Earthen in the War Within (my expectations are Dark Trolls for the Horde and Arathi Humans for the Alliance).

So you can get Jinyu, Ogres, Forest Trolls, High Elves etc etc, with ease.

Blizz is unlikely to give you a seperate slot for high elves when they just gave the void elves the high elf customizations

But most sub races need this. Wildhammers, Sand Trolls, Blackhand Orcs.

I guess it has something to do to with half a decade of protests and why the Void Elves exist in the first place.

Might be just me, but I noticed this weird trend with some alliance players trying their damnest to turn the horde into Alliance 2.0 with half the requests they keep making. And it’s disturbing how little thought they give to the ramifications and how it affects half other half of the playerbase

1 Like

Not really true. You forget that Blood Elf-players are Human-players as well, which is why you have this disconnect. At the same time the game went downhill with some ideas (another faction war, WW2-scenario with burning a player race, faction imbalance), which is why it looks like everyone wants to play PeaceCraft.

It’s just funny to me how anything that doesn’t feature spikes, plague, or mud huts is defaulted to Alliance aesthetic.

2 Likes

That’s because the horde has a pretty specific aesthetic that’s why.

While I agree that the race list is already cluttered and I’m also not too enthusiastic about neutral races, I don’t see a logical reason why there couldn’t be some High Elves in the Horde IF Blizzard insists on making them neutral. The division between High Elves and Blood Elves happened during the time when the Sunwell was unavailable. Now that it’s been restored and High Elves are welcome to visit it, I don’t think it’s implausible that some of them might reintegrate into Silvermoon society.

While I am perfectly fine with high elf fans getting high elves, I’m not very fine with those high elves going Horde.

The only real differences between blood elves and high elves is a political one. There is no major transformative event seperating them like voidies get. The blood elf racial isn’t some fel purge or whatnot; it’s arcane based already. None of their racials even touch on the fact they used to sip a little fel; it’s arcane across the board. So there isn’t a reason to think that time they had a fel problem made them entirely different races.

The major distinction is the blood elves said “screw this, I’m joining the edgybois” and the high elves said “well I’m not into emo, so I’m’a run to Stormwind”. As soon as the Horde gets high elves, that difference becomes meaningless, and we have to wonder why Silvermoon and Eversong are still wearing their red repaints instead of blue.

Alliance can have high elves. Horde does not need them. Give us another troll, because you cannot ever have too many trolls.

1 Like

Where are you getting this idea? I refuse to play humans even though I have Alliance toons, just because I don’t like their design.

“Night Elf Fatigue” is such a joke.

Fatigue from what? Screwing them over and ruining their lore? Uprooting their entire cultural and racial identity?

2 Likes