The truth about "Orc Fatigue" "night elf fatigue" "Human Fatigue"

Tolkien elves/elves in general will already get the focus next next expac. So yeah, high elves become the Earthen allied race for Midnight is simply likely.

1 Like

God, I hope not.

1 Like

Go make a Void elf and give it high elf customizations. It’s the only thing you’re getting.

Nobody but the minority of alliance fanboys who love Tolkien like he’s the best thing ever, want high elves alliance side. There are way cooler races they can make playable.

Like the Broken.

3 Likes

High elves in WoW wish they could be as cool as Tolkien’s elves.

Honestly, there isn’t very much overlap, even in appearance. Very few elves are blonde in Tolkien, and they don’t have to satisfy mana cravings either.

I’m just saying a lot of elves in fantasy are based off Tolkiens writings. Elves really only exploded into popularity because of LOTR

In what way does that apply to WoW, though, apart from high elves basically looking like attractive humans and I guess having been around longer than humans have? I can’t think of any other common points. TBH, I think the high elves of WoW are closer to D&D elves than Tolkien’s elves.

Anyway, I like Tolkien probably more than the next person, but I really like Blood Elves being Horde.

Eh, the LOTR movies gave them a boost for sure, especially with the general public. But I’d say they were always pretty popular among fantasy fans.

3 Likes

I strongly dislike the alliance elves we currently have. Also, I’m just tired of people wanting high elves on the alliance when we have the kaldorei who blizz can’t go a single expansion without giving them a content patch or several. We don’t need to add high elves to the mix

Let the horde have their awesome blood elves.

My favorite elves are from the Inheritence Cycle by Christopher Paolini. I still reread the entire series on ocassion.

Nah, both factions already have identical model elves to high elves. At most, both factions will get further customization options to make the pre-existing Void Elf High Elf options even more high and elf, while blood elves get blue eyes (I haven’t been to the Barber Shop in ages, so they might have them already idk).

Giving us what we already have isn’t exactly a good, solid selling point for an expansion.

sigh You’re really gonna make me do this, huh? You’re gonna make me stand up for Zerde? Really?

Well okay then. Fine.

Kindly avoid trying to speculate on the sexuality and gender of fellow forum members. It’s a little gross and isn’t productive to any conversation. In the past, Zerde has (to the best of my memory) at the very least avoided saying anything negative about LGBTQ+ issues, has (again to the best of my memory) never mentioned his own gender or sexuality, and it’s very uncool to try and label him with a gender or sexuality.

Attack the argument. Attack the response. Do not weaponize sexuality to attack the person.

9 Likes

Go make a Void elf and give it high elf customizations. It’s the only thing you’re getting.

Kind of a late reply but unironically, yeah. There’s genuinely no need for a high elf race now, it’s pure redundancy to add them. They should just rework the Entropic Embrace passive to not turn you purple occasionally, give Velves (and belves) Farstrider/Ranger Tattoos and boom, done. High Elf race.

4 Likes

Velves were a mistake, Alliance players had been asking for Helves for 15 years and for this reason alone they should’ve had gotten them in BFA, now yeah the “additional playable slot especially for Helves” ship has long sailed, you’re definitely not getting that. My idle hope though is that devs will eventually add a “select a nation/subrace” option to the character creation screen (ideally with a different starting zone depending on the nation/subrace). That way the Velf slot can be turned into a pan-elf slot that can be used to roll either a Ren’dorei or a Quel’dorei. MANY races would heavily benefit from this. So many possibilites

1 Like

Ei screw that. I was my damn high elves, if anything what was a waste of development time was clearly these Earthen. I’d rather Blizzard focus more of their resources on what people want.

Blizzard just need to give the Alliance a night elf black eye stye/man’ari style questline that changes the race nameplate to high elf/change the void elf racials to arcane theme ones and be done with it.

1 Like

They’re not doing that. They won’t backpedal so hard and take such a tremendous L. So you better start advocating for a solution that they may possibly deem acceptable, like the one I mentioned. That way, at least, you’re actually getting proper Helves (and people who are into Velves get to keep them)

4 Likes

Well, who knows honestly.

The Blizzard we’re dealing with now, who has repeatedly shown they’re willing to listen to feedback and make changes where necessary, is not the Blizzard that was running WoW when Void Elves were added to the game.

Midnight would be a great opportunity to bring High Elves into the mix. Maybe as a neutral race that can join both factions (in the same way the Earthen are joining both in the War Within).

Your idea though is something we’ve agreed on in the past, so I support it 100%. We really do need a sub-race interface and for Blizzard to create new sub-races (such as Wildhammer Dwarves, Man’ari Eredar, Forest Trolls (since the Revantusk are a thing) and Taunka for example) and change allied races like Mechagnomes, Mag’har Orcs and Lightforged Draenei into sub-races.

That way they can add new races without cluttering up the character creation screen.

5 Likes

I do agree that Blizzard have shown they’ve been more willing to listen to feedback over the last 2 years. I’m just saying it’s probably a better move to leave them enough room not to feel cornered and pressurized into doing a 180 on everything they’ve set up, cuz they won’t do that. So we better start collectively building and handling them workable solutions

Kinda like how they didn’t make Calia vanish from the Forsaken narrative and still put her in a ruling position, but at least they acknowledged that making her the sole ruler of the nation and letting her redefine its identity was an absolute no-go for Forsaken fans

(Derek tho)
(Derek has to go)
(For christ’s sake just get rid of Derek)

1 Like

Oh absolutely, they’re not going to do a 180 on Void Elves.

Void Elves are part of the Alliance and that isn’t changing. It’s not nearly as simple as just changing the name of the race. Racial abilities would need to be changed. The recruitment scenario for them would need to be completely redone, as would their home location, and their heritage armor would need to be replaced completely.

And doing that is going to piss off Void Elf players. There ain’t many of them, but they’re not going to be okay with being forced to be High Elves and lose racials, heritage armor etc to appease High Elf fans.

Which is why I think if we do get High Elves, which is still a demand from folks, that Blizzard might add them in Midnight as a neutral option as part of the whole ‘reunification of the elves’ thing.

1 Like

It sounds like you want more Derek, don’t worry he’s gonna be in the… pirate(?) prepatch that is coming soon!

1 Like

Yes it would be as simple as a name plate change. Give us a questline like the Man’ari one then give us the same racial visual change(instead of becoming void color/creating void rift have it be arcane rift).

Boom, high elf. On that note, I wouldnt mind if Man’ari get to change their racial nameplate to Man’ari as well!

2 Likes

As always my answer to all problems would be a Glyph!
Glyp of the Arcane Rift: Turn all void theme procs into purplish blue arcane light!

Also please for the love of Elune give Night Elves something like… Glyph of the Moontouched? Your spells turn into white/silver light. Applicable for Prists, Hunters and in the not so distant future Paladins.

3 Likes

Any move to lessen race-faction separation is going to go both ways. They aren’t just going to give the Alliance the same race as the Horde gets without and equivalent move.

And if they do this, one should probably go ahead and discuss what race the Horde is going to get.

Horde gets mechagnomes and Alliance gets vulpera.
:dracthyr_uwu: