The true end of automated multiboxing is upon us

“Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once , is not a violation of our End User License Agreement”

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

3 Likes

I was about to say she is forgetting about that.

2 Likes

I can add some insight into this. What happened is when boxers uninstalled ISboxer it didn’t remove some of those files from the wow folders that it had. I’ve heard of this happening. So basically even though it wasn’t installed and not running those misc files were still in the folder so when the anticheat did a scan… it picked that up in the files… and would set off a flag.

I have heard that joeboxer has given some people issues cause it ran similiarly to ISboxer in the sense of resources and such used. Hopefully your husband was temp suspended and not perma banned. If he was permabanned, see if you can appeal it with this information… who knows may do something.

The one and done method means that legitimate players get no gathering nodes. They place multi boxed or botted accounts at every existing node and claim them as soon as they spawn.

Wasn’t that done with black lotus? I know bots were real bad with it cause they had the spawn timers down and all that. Dunno about boxers though.

Oh yep found a boxer doing it too. That goes into as well the nodes being in a static spot instead of being volatile and random (like anchorweed in bfa or nightshade in SL).

This won’t affect botting in anyway whatsoever.

1 Like

We suspected it was something like this. We told them he had it uninstalled months ago and that the unzipped exe was still in his download folder but they didn’t care. Their policy is to give the “bots” as little information as possible and to not help you figure out what went wrong.

He was but it’s too late. He won’t give another penny to Blizz. As soon as I can dethrone him in June, I won’t give another penny to them either. I’ll just let someone else do it. I should have enough gold to have a year worth of subs on both of my accounts and some to put back for store mounts and such.

1 Like

I think they went overboard. They could have just limited the number you could run simultaneously, say to two. I say this as someone who doesn’t MB. I think that would have solved most of the complaints.

3 Likes

It really pisses me off that they didn’t address the true complaints and instead just banning stuff.

Set the nodes to three hits and done.

A 3 boxer is almost nothing and hardly a threat to anyone and not a gold making machine. That is what they should have done. Bots can run alone, so the ban for boxer ability just reduced gathering competition to bots.

I don’t gather much at all, so I like more cheap mats at auction.

Multi boxing was never a walk in the park and was a legitimate play style.

I only saw maybe 4 multiboxers in 15 years and they never bothered me.

Peeps should just stop being jealous. No boxer is doing M+ alone because there is too much bad to get out of.

4 Likes

I mean to be fair you can still box to herb with (if you manually go between screens and manually do it. You can alt tab and easily do it with 2 and 3 you could just go into each window manually right click go to the next window right click and keep going). I think what happened is their anticheat kept getting set off by stuff or their machines couldn’t tell the difference between a simulated (emulated) input vs a real input. Now if someone is just going between windows and doing it manually, their system can see “ok this player is using this mouse and this wasn’t a simulated command everything is good.” Someone using 2 computers each with a keyboard and mouse, “Ok those are good they are aren’t a simulated input.” KVM synchronous switches actually emulate whatever input they are given, so all the inputs to the other machines weren’t true direct inputs but emulated inputs from a device, which their systems can now pick up.

I am in agreement. Although I do not box nor really had any inclination to people who do still have to go out and farm so they are doing the work even if they get to say gather the same node 5 times this way.
For me to level toons or boost them to max level is an ivestment of time and/or money so one can be efficient and additionally learn how to MB as well. A lot of time put into regardless. For me if someone wants to do that kind of work go ahead . In pv yeah it can be kind of grusome when someone grousp together say 5DKS or Boomkins so maybe a restriction there could be acceptable but overall I have never had any issues with boxers and I still see some running around gathering every so often. I guess everyone has an opinion on this so my less than 2 cents is here.
Only thing I have issues with is bots and I still see them around in world and BGs.

ONE account, ONE person!!! That’s how it should be. No multi-clienting.

1 Like

Your opinion as I stated before. I dont see anyone upset about the bots running around in continuous circles guess that is ok though.

How many years of peoples gameplay experience being ruined by multiboxers did it take for them to finally decide its unacceptable ? I guess they no longer need the $ once WoW went full P2W.

I’ll never understand how people still think wow isn’t pay2win. I pay blizz. I get token. I sell token. I get carried to gear. Now since most people equate “winning” with gear progression, I “won”. Would it be more effecient if they sold me the gear directly? Sure. Are the added steps helpful in obfuscating it? Sure. Is the net result the same? Yep.

1 Like

I don’t understand how you don’t see the difference.

Buying a token then buying… whatever… is not a supported transaction. Also, there’s no guarantee that the person you’re buying a service from is legitimate or good enough. They could take your gold and run and Blizzard would not do anything about it because again, it’s not a supported transaction. Then there’s the fact that just because you buy say, a raid carry, that doesn’t guarantee that what you want from the raid will even drop.

P2W means you buy the item that “wins” the game for you directly from the shop. This Family Circus route you take in your mind is not P2W.

1 Like

I’ll have you know my circus competes with the best of cirque DU Soleil. No one dares challenge my circus and gets away with it. Prepare for obliteration! Beef steak for all! No more mooooooooooo!

I challenge your circus to compete with this.

https://i.imgur.com/h3M4tul.jpg

1 Like

hey, so did herb prices go through the roof everywhere now that the nasty evil cheating multiboxers are mostly gone?

no?

gee, that’s weird. i wonder who GD’s next scapegoat will be…

4 Likes