The timing

Tbc launches

2.5 weeks later, 9.1 announced.

Blizzard knows you’ll be bored of tbc by the end of june. Tbc was rushed and released in a buggy state to drum up interest with another classic title. Calculating how quickly the game dies, they choose to launch 9.1 almost exactly a month after tbc. These two launches needing to be in sync explains the buggy version of tbc we have. 9.1 got all the time it needed to bake, tbc had to launch when it did because that’s the opportune time to get people interested and then uninterested and looking for something new.

Tbc is the bait, retail patch is what they’re trying to hook you with.

3 Likes

How many complaint threads are you planning on making today?
If you don’t like the game then just unsub, you don’t need to make a bunch of posts back to back about it.

5 Likes

They aren’t complaints. They’re strong observations.

2 Likes

The retail patch that people in retail have been waiting ages for, and has lead to the longest initial patch of any expansion in wow history?

Yea, whole lotta of classic players def gonna go to retail and not, literally any other game thats better.

Wow classic doesnt only compete with wow retail, it competes with everything else in your life for your time.

2 Likes

Why is there no tinfoil hat emoji?

2 Likes

No I believe the majority of the classic playerbase is retail players supplementing content by consuming classic since there’s no new retail content.

Release tbc to get all your retail players primed and on blizzards good graces, blizzard knows tbc nose dives hard after launch, when tbc becomes boring is perfectly synced up with 9.1 release, thereby baiting you with something new and dangling such as tbc, gets old fast, but you’re now engaged in wow again, and you’ll stay subbed to check out retails new patch whereas some players might not be here at all if tbc didn’t make them perk up.

1 Like

I deuced out of retail long before Classic, havent unsubbed since classic, and no expansion since OG wrath ever held my attention for the entire duration.

My guild is full of former mythic raiders who dont give af about retail now that we can play around in classic.

I dont know who is hot and bothered about retail rn, if you are, more power too you, but sheesh, retail is some hot trash, and has been for ages, but watching wow streamers get into FF14 has been fun to watch.

1 Like

I’m making the strong observation that you’re in desperate need of a hug.

hug

2 Likes

bUt mUh SUPER SECRET 5G gUbMiNt vAxXeEn!1111oneeleventy

…I shouldn’t have to /s, but Imma do it anyways, cause people are silly.

1 Like

Spoken like a true sheep.

Why use your own mind when others tell you how to think? Seems like a comfortable existence. I mean if the internet says it… if the government says it… if the best wow players say it… it must be true and any outside thinking should be met with conspiracy accusations.

That’s a good sheep. /Pet

3 Likes

All who want dual spec and merc mode, barber shop and tokens, look you have a shiny new shadowlands to play! Go enjoy yourselves!

No loyal Classic player is even remotely interested in whatever new retail patch is coming out. If this was some sort of grand scheme by Blizzard, it’s a very poor scheme.

3 Likes

Huh? I’m not even 70, yet. I’ll have plenty of rep to grind, and I intend to do a bit of PvP. I’m sure it’ll take a while before I get all that done. And if I do, I have plenty of alts to work on as well.

I sometimes wonder about that. Like, what percentage of the population in TBCC are people from retail and how much is people who only sub for classic. Surely there’s enough that there’s a financial incentive to treat TBCC as it’s own separate revenue stream. Or maybe not? Who knows…

1 Like

Majority of the classic playerbase are retail players. Most old school players are gone. Not playing any MMORPG.

I would disagree with this almost entirely. But you do you boo.

I’ve never played past WotLK. And I know there are ZERO people in my TBCC and Vanilla Classic guild who played retail.

2 Likes

Cupcake, my degree is in the hard sciences. I worked directly with Covid patients for well over a year. Don’t even try and bark up this tree, aye? You would be well out of your depth.

You think that’s lots of fun content. Sounds nice and quantifiable on paper. When you’re in game and that time comes and you opt to watch tv instead of whatever grind, you’ll remember my post.

I don’t know what the reasoning is for the timing, but it’s seems like an odd choice.

I play both, but IDK if I’m in the minority or not.

Im so oldschool I still play OSRS, you sound like Ion, “you think you do” Hazzikostas