The Terrible Vault

And it being the same piece you got for the past 6 weeks. Lol.

1 Like

You are required to do nothing.

You do what you can for the week, and then you collect rewards. If you feel like you need to absolutely max out your vault every week, that’s your own problem.

1 Like

Hilarious you bring this up , the curse still following me in SL with the new loot drop changes , bracers (exact same sometimes) to resell for ages -.-

1 Like

Stopped reading here. OP is an idiot, move along.

The Great Vault is the answer to raiders and PvPers not having access to the M+ chest. I don’t really like the idea of extra loot just for playing; I think the content that is completed should be sufficiently rewarding.

You’ve misread the vault, most players have pointed that out already. Feel free to point it out to other players who are being silly.

There is no downside to spamming 100 low keys. But if you want the top rewards you have to put in the time and have 10 that are counting towards the vault be higher. Makes sense. Why should you get max tier rewards for doing one high level one and then a bunch of 2s?

Furthermore, it’s an mmo. Not everyone will get top rewards, but you still have a chance at rewards even if you can’t spend all day playing. Do you think you deserve to have the same gear as someone who can play for 60-80 hours a week when you put in 10?

Before you answer, do be reminded this is an MMO.

I think I can explain the Mythic plus system a bit better.

Say I did a 2, 4 and a 6. Right now I will only have one piece of gear to choose from which is a +6 (regardless of Dungeon). Now I decide to help a friend out by doing a +3. Now I completed 4 mythic dungeons, giving myself two options to choose from. A +6 still and now a +4 since its the next highest mythic plus I did.

Right now, all the vault items would be upgrades, but as soon as I start to gear more and get a higher ilvl, than yes, doing lower mythic plus’s will be a detrimental to gearing up higher. That’s why do more higher keys and less lower, but know this, the rewards will always be the highest, then the next highest, and then the next highest.

1 Like

50% of your problem here is that Blizzard worded the system oddly

50% is that the people you’re trying to run keys with don’t know how to read

Actually your second reward would be the +2, since its the lowest of the 4 that counts.

Thats exactly what wowhead says…so, tell wowhead they are wrong

While that is exactly what wowhead says, it tells me you have a reading level of an illiterate 2 year old. 1st, 4th, and 10th HIGHEST key, not 1st, 4th, and 10th key. Doing more lower keys will not change which keys are your highest, unless you just didn’t do keys at all. In which case you would not get loot at all.

Were you dropped on the head as a baby?

The pitch was great before the details came out.

I’m going to have 3 Castle Nathria item choices on Tuesday and at least 1 M+ item choice. Working just fine.

As opposed to the old method of a random piece of crap

At least you get to chose your crap this time

… but are they really rewarded? M+ is not in a good state right now. They’re funneling players into raiding. Which is fine but makes you really question the direction of the game. It only means m+ will get less attention as time goes on. They clearly want us to RAID now and m+ is just a side activity.

Correct. It is insanely easy to get the vault pvp reward. Show up in arena with someone from group finder and get all the honor you need. You don’t even have to win much - or at all.

People will complain about anything and everything.

You’re looking at it wrong. Before, your weekly chance was completely random. You got 1 piece from it.

Now, you get a choice. You get 1 piece from it.

Nothing has changed.

That’s not what wowhead says, you just don’t understand what it says.

You will always have the option of taking a piece from the highest key you do. Just with this system you have 2 MORE options (or 8 if you do raid/pvp as well).

Bob does 12 Mythic+ Dungeons this week.

For his own progress he does a 2 3 4 5 6 7. After that he decides to help some friends so he does 2 3 2 3 4 4.

Bob’s first chest option will be: +7 (his highest key)
Bob’s second chest option will be: +4 (the lowest of his 4 highest)
Bob’s third chest option will be: +2 (the lowest of his 10 highest)

Bob can take the +7 if it is better than everything. Bob can take the +4 if the +7 has his worst stats and the +4 has the best, Bob can take the +2 if it is a slot that he is still wearing a leveling green for that spot.

Does that help?

1 Like

Using the phrasing “the lowest of the Nth highest” seems to add confusion. Wowhead more simply says “Highest Key, 4th Highest Key, and 10th Highest Key.” If you did at least 10 keys, then put them all in rank order from highest to lowest and highlight the 1st, 4th, and 10th–that determines the choices for your single reward.

1) +7 ← 1st Highest
2) +6
3) +5
4) +4 ← 4th Highest
5) +4
6) +4
7) +3
8) +3
9) +3
10) +2 ← 10th Highest
11) +2
12) +2