The Terrible Vault

Took 30 mins grabbing someone at random out of group finder. For the first two reward tiers that is, probably be an hour or so for the last one. Loading screen bug took most of that time where the screen would be stuck loading.

There’s a good handful of people who have been posting about ruining their vault via low keys because there’s legitimate confusion about how the vault since Blizzard wanted to make sure people weren’t doing one +10 and then the rest as +2s to get an easy +10 slot.

You can still do that though and just take the +10 slot.

Exactly, you will just get 1 M10 ilvl and 2 M2 ilvl items.

2 Likes

I know this is not how the great vault works, and perhaps the OP also knows, but the people listing groups that he’s trying to join are the ones that seem confused. It would not surprise me at all that the majority of the playerbase have misconceptions like:

1. If I run a +N key, I can’t ever run anything lower than +N this week or I’m screwed because my reward(s) will now be lower than +N
  2. If I only run Dungeon X to target that specific loot table, then I can’t ever run anything other than Dungeon X or I’m screwed because my great vault will now be out of other loot tables

How it works is pretty clearly explained on Wowhead, but the majority of the playerbase isn’t smart enough or motivated enough to read up resulting in the perpetuation of bad information, which is evident in reasons given to decline a person from a group (presumably from friends, since PUGs are generally no-feedback affairs).

It isn’t an intuitive system, but people will come to understand it over a month or two.

There seem to be a lot of people that don’t have complete (or at all) understanding on how the system works. I don’t know how Blizzard could have explained differently though as it made sense to me. I’ve been trying to help out when people are confused, but some people are convinced they know how it works.

2 Likes

Trying to teach the fools is a path to insanity.

1 Like

Lol, you are probably right. I did go to bed last night with a screaming headache.

If you’re not doing high end content, why do you want high end gear?

The only gripe I have is that my buddy DCd mid run because his cat jumped on his computer and pushed the button. So we were without him for about 5 minutes of the dungeon. Because of that we missed the timer for that dungeon by 1 minute 13 seconds, despite only having a total of five deaths (it was an 8 spires I think?) And yet my great vault didn’t count it as my highest completion (nor did it count it for anyone in the group).

Yeah, you have to time for it to count.

edit: This was a bug, you do not need to time.

The Vault is totally misunderstood imo …

Great Vault is the new weekly chest in Shadowlands located in Oribos (icy-veins). It allows you to unlock gear from PvP and raiding in addition to Mythic dungeons and select a single piece of gear from up to 9 items each week.

Doing activities for each to unlock access to picking from it

For M+ running lower keys does not matter , what matter is your top 10 keys for the week (which can be the same #) having 10x 15s , and having 1000 x 2s does not affect your top 10 runs :wink:

2 Likes

Well, that’s an annoying change and is going to discourage people who PuG from finishing a dungeon the moment it’s known it won’t be timed.

Best way is to check youself instead of trusting forums , my overtime +8 is counted for my best run for weekly atm.

I looked at my vault. It didn’t count it. Still says +7 is my highest. :frowning:

They rushed this out just before Xmas.

Its going to have more than a few holes in it, even though they clam that this is content at endgame?

Your best run for the week does not count in your top 10 but does not need to be completed , think either me or you have a bug , hopefully you because that way completion run still worth it .

Otherwise i agree its a dumb change and encourage leaving even more than before!

1 Like

I’m actually really looking forward to see what my two item level 200 Castle Nathria item choices will be on Tuesday.

2 Likes

Yea im looking forward to just having a choice , instead of a chest and here take this at random piece of gear .

Yeah I’m hoping it’s a bug. Cause I was looking at it and right now it says I have the choice of a +7 reward, a +5 reward, and a +3 reward. (slots 1, 2, and 3 in the row next to M+ in the vault) and I was like… My 8 tho… Lmao

1 Like