The Terrible Vault

So…more I read about this “great vault” the less enthused I am to play wow anymore. It’s like blizzard wants to punish players for doing anything outside of pushing high end content.

In order to max your chances for good loot you are REQUIRED to do the following.

Clear the raid on highest difficulty you can. 4-6 hours (probably way more for your average group)
Run 10 keys, where only arbitrarily chosen ones will count… (Runs 1, 4, and 10 are your chests) Lets say average of an hour per key, giving time for moving between them, setting up, etc.
Then pvp: I wont lie, i am not even considering this as I barely pvp as it is…but I can immagine this would take a few hours to cap out at least.
Your looking at roughly 20 hours a week to get your best “chances” at loot you want. Does blizzard think none of us work or have families or any other obligations? 168 hours in a week, 116 of that would be taken up by an reasonable humans work/sleep schedules. So Blizzard wants us to spend roughly half of all our free time, grinding out wow?

Sure, sure, you can say “but you don’t have to do all of that” which is true, and I’m sure most of us wont. But there’s a part 2 to this issue. Running keys with friends, if they are not “at your level” is a punishment now. I’m already seeing comments such as “sorry, i cant run any low keys, it’ll lower my rewards(or change what dungeon it comes from” and things like this.
This is the opposite of what blizzard should be trying to achieve. In BFA 90% of my keys were low keys, running with newer players or friends, alts etc. I ran a few high keys each week to get my chest and maybe push a rating when motivation hit, but never did I have to worry about “will this lower my rewards”
Why not just have a system like, top 3 dungeons you run each week, with the same dungeon numbers required. This would have people run their 3 “high keys” where they need, and then they are free to help others out. This would be encouraging people, in order to finish faster, to run lower keys (helping those who need the help with gear/learning).

As far as raid part goes, can’ really suggest anything, that is just what it is…

10 Likes

That’s something you are already doing, with or without the great vault? Now you just got an extra chance at loot. Or do you think you should get end game gear for world questing?

That’s not how it works, it’s the 1st HIGHEST, 4th HIGHEST, and 10th HIGHEST.

Either you are making this up, or those people have reading comprehension issues.

Because then you can run 3 high keys and 7 low keys to get the highest reward, which is not how it should work.

20 Likes

tis life
:panda_face:

If I’m not mistaken isn’t it the same loot lvl more choices to choose from?

1 Like

Despite having just made a different post asking people how the vault works, you still don’t understand it I guess.

But either way, the first choice you get in the M+ row of the vault will based on your highest level key, making that choice work the exact same as the weekly chest last expansion.

The new vault is at worst the same as it was in BFA, and at best you get a variety of useful options in case your highest choice is a duplicate slot you already have high gear in.

Stop grasping for things to be upset about.

6 Likes

Or you can just do 1 key just like BFA?
It’s an improvement.

1 key and Heroic Shriekwing will give you two choices. Don’t be so obsessed with maxing out your vault slots.

1 Like

It’s the lowest of your 3 highest keys. You run three 6s and a million 2s it’ll still pull from the 6

1 Like

and when I try to get people to run keys “I can’t i dont want to mess up my vault”

because of how blizzard designed this system.
Say someone is trying to get a peice of gear from a specific dungeon because it’s their best item.
So they will try to run that dungeon and make sure it’s their 1st, 4th, and 10th highest. They will then not run anymore keys within those numbers. Of course that is assuming you somehow found time to run 10+ keys…

1 Like

You are getting rewarded for things you are already doing. If you didn’t raid/PvP/Mythic+ in the past, then nothing has changed.

This smells of attention complaining.

3 Likes

Sigh…right, silly me…forgot that Blizzard does indeed know their audience better…guess spending 20 hours a day on this game is about normal for the neckbeards who frequent these posts.

2 Likes

I just told you, that’s not how it works. Either the people you are inviting have the reading skill of a mentally stunted 6th grader, or you are making it up.

It only determines the ilvl, not the origin of the piece. Again, either reading comprehension fail or you are lying.

7 Likes

I will never get one of these chests. I dont do any rated, m+ or raids. Play until your bored and unsub and go play something else like the rest of us.

2 Likes

So basically you don’t play the game.

2 Likes

You misunderstand how it works.

I can explain it if you like.

(or anyone else who doesn’t get it)

Not how it works dude … you are making a fool out of yourself here

If you don’t do any of them or PvP … you really don’t need anything from the vault .

i thought it was really cool before i learned that you can only pick one item from the whole page - now i just think “meh”

i thought itd be 1 item per category - silly me hehe

3 Likes

Solo player.

Right. I wasnt complaining about that either.

How dare the players who push higher content be rewarded for it

7 Likes