"The team wants to put the emphasis of community back into WoW"

Well it’s a good thing my issue isn’t solely lfr then. I made a thread long ago putting out all of my feelings on why BFA is terrible.

And let me just state this. You keep bringing up LFR and only LFR. I’m talking about ALL difficulties when it comes to raiding. My request is to tone down the amount of difficulties from 4 because that’s just too many in my eyes.

The thing is I was part of that sort when I played back in Wrath. I joined a guild for ICC but that fizzled out after a few months seeing that we never got past the plague quarter on normal mode. But for the majority of the expansion that I played I joined groups in Trade Chat. And like I said before it was random groups that then turned into familiar faces.

Server community was a thing as well as guilds. But the difference between what we have now and what we had was the fact that the same people were being put in front of me. And eventually that led me to say “hello” and make some fun small talk until we ran into each other again. With the current group finder you will pug with someone and then more than likely never see them again. Meaning that if someone was a jerk, then they just hop into the next group and annoy the crap out of them with no repercussions.

That’s what I’m saying. Could you be on your own and not join a guild in Wrath of the Lich King. Yes. Yes you could. But that didn’t change the fact that if you wanted to partake in group content, you had to play and communicate with the people on your realm.

If people want to run solo, then that’s fine. But what’s not fine is when we constantly have to tune down the difficulty to compensate for said type of player.

I’m gonna put my tinfoil hat on here but I do believe that’s part of the reason why Warfronts and Island Expos are so easy right now. And don’t even get me started on the fact that you can’t premade warfronts with your guild. They’re looking to make sure that it’s hard for someone to lose these things and get upset over it. But for me personally, what feels great to me is overcoming what I perceive to be a challenge.

Back then, I communicated with the realm and gave it my all and tried to clear the raids. Did I? No. I never finished ICC because all the groups fell apart after Rotgut in the Plague Quarter. But never did I once think that it was unfair that I didn’t get to see the entire raid. And that’s also why when I look back on the Lich King encounter during my noob days, I hold him to a much higher respect. Because it didn’t spoon feed me the encounter but asked me to rise to it.

I’m unsubbed right now just like you. But my reasons are because the game doesn’t ask for me to go on an adventure. It just asks me to keep my hands and feet in the ride at all times.

EDIT: Sorry for the late response. Had to go to the physical realm (the store)

1 Like