The TBC Classic Community wants Dual Spec

“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”–Mark Twain

This should be bumped hourly

1 Like

no changes
10 characters

1 Like

“dont want it - dont get it” same tired response. it affects everyone.

1 Like

PROPER citation need

1 Like

all wrong.

3 Likes

Dual spec would make most sense out of any changes. It allows us to play our class more. I can be a paladin tank to a pally healer at any moment. It allows players to do more content

3 Likes

Scenario 1:
raid lead: “hey mavelock, can you switch to a heal spec and heal this boss?”
mavelock: “sure”
raid lead: “can you give mavelock a port to org, please?
mage: “sure”
mavelock uses his handy dandy addon to quickly switch specs
mavelock: “k, im done”
raid lead: " wow that was so fast! can you summon mavelock back please?”
lock: “sure”

This is how it will be currently in game with no dual spec. The only difference is 5 minutes between current TBC and TBC with dual spec.

2 Likes

If you don’t understand this . . . you are likely incapable of understanding. Perhaps you are just too young?

Choices mattered. It is one of the reasons the classic game was so beautiful. You want to ruin it because you don’t understand it. No.

4 Likes

Just call it “Wrath of the Burning Crusade” at this point lol

1 Like

That would be fine, WoW peaked in Wrath :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call every active poster on the forums a majority of the player base. so to claim a fraction of that is “the community” is disingenuous on the grandest level

2 Likes

It’s as if you didn’t even read the thread.

Amazing.

1 Like

Everyone is getting so up in arms about how having the option to pay a one time 1000 gold to be able to have “one” alternate set of talents is somehow a big deal.

Literally will not change anything. No one will meta the hell out of a game and expect you to dual spec like crazy. It’s not like there are huge variations in the way you play DPS classes out side of Shaman, Druid or Mage. Everything else is really cut and dry.

For me I’d use it to mainly tank dungeons, and dps raids. Other players could use it to have a PVP and PVE spec, or just not pay 1000 gold and never change talents because its not needed.

Again, its “not” a big deal.

4 Likes

No. That’s the stance of the youtuber whose video you watched.

Honestly most of the stuff that “destroyed the game’s soul” were player generated. Things like RaiderIO, gearscore/achievement recruiting, Toxic min/max culture, Toxic behavior towards new and returning players, overall garbage attitude towards friendly players in PvP.

For example, the world buff meta coulda existed in vanilla as classic allowed the same possible methods, but it didn’t happen. The way that people play the game is very different. It’s efficient, but very toxic, degenerate and for many people…unfun and not hitting that nostalgia due to the players changing…not the game.

If you wanted to know what changes made me quit in cata, it would be where they pruned the heck out of the trees and eventually nuked them completely. The arsenal of tools usually existed on one tree and went completely missing on others. It was the beginning of classes not having any depth or customization really. And the perfect class customization MMO came out at the time WoW lost their subs…Rift.

2 Likes

No, this is my stance using my own thoughts and ideas. I don’t need a YTer, nor anyone else here to frame my own thoughts and opinions. If I happen to share the same stance as somebody else (and, it’s unfortunate that it’s a YTer), than that’s OK, too because it’s not far fetched to think that more than one person can share the same point of view :roll_eyes:

I watched the same video. And magically thousands of people have this view.

I’m on the “WotLK dual spec but allow swapping in any rested zone (i.e. inns and towns)”, not the painfully arbitrary method the youtuber explained.

What? Having to go to a Class Trainer?

And, I didn’t watch any YT video that formulated my opinion. Just because you seem to think there’s some correlation doesn’t mean it’s the CAUSE.

I don’t watch YT vids for opinions about WoW. That’s what these Forums are for. I formulate my own opinion based on my own experience. I want Class Trainers to have purpose, and I disagree with the notion in any 'ol Rest Area. I much prefer the Class Trainer. And, if you disagree, then you disagree. There’s no reason to bring irrelevant nonsense into the equation. This is just arguing, for the sake of arguing.

Class trainers still have a purpose with Dual Spec. You learn abilities at the class trainer; you’d switch talents at the class trainer. Just because you have Dual Spec, it doesn’t mean you never change talents again.

2 Likes