The Sylvanas that BFA wants you to forget

Well you see those books yall dont like to read show her inner thoughts, and that lines up with what she actually thinks.

1 Like

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392758838891380736/631598412885655552/EFeRKEFW4AAXg2U.png

she is talking to her closest confidant, nathanos in that scene

33 Likes

Yeah and? Still talking to someone who isnt herself

Nathanos seemed surpised she burned teld, yet from good war we know she always was gonna burn it.

“The last quote is her inner thoughts to no one but herself, doll.” from sam :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Lol sam, the person who ignores all the other crazy she has done, cause golden wrote it lol such a expert on sylvanas lore

I also remember sam agreeing that sylvanas is evil and would do all this and telling that she was upset that blizzard took this route rather than her taking the other route of not being evil.

1 Like

“One of these days we have to teach you to stop misrepresenting the opinions and arguments of others, honey.”

also from sam

29 Likes

There’s nothing in BtS where she says/thinks anything about disliking the Horde. She has some opinions on various races/leaders but it’s all pretty mundane.

Edit: I see Sam has posthumously taken care of this via Puppies lol.

15 Likes

Metzen wrote the BFA intro cinema a couple years before BFA was released, then retired. He said he was shocked when he saw the War of Thorns stuff, as that wasn’t his plan at all. His Sylvanas is pretty different than Golden/Afrasabi’s “MURDER ALL LIFE FOR EVIL MWAHAHAHAHA!” version.

32 Likes

Who said Bts is the only book with her theres the game, war crimes, arthas, and so on.

If sylvanas has so much love for her people why did she blackmail them right after a civil war, only what 4 maybe 6 years after arthas murdered 90% of them?

I couldn’t get past “children of the grave”. I know if I listen to the whole thing, knowing where we are now, I’ll just be pissed.

5 Likes

I can’t never forget this

15 Likes

Read that scene then laugh at people go “omg sylv never cared about the Forsaken.”

The only way to reconcile BfA Sylv and this scene is that BfA Sylv is putting on a show as a means to an end.

Lord knows the salt that’ll emerge once Sylv reveals she was trying to save us all or something.

11 Likes

Sylvanas’ characterisation was the true victim of BFA

46 Likes

I can’t wait until Sylvanas’ master is revealed to be Elune.

10 Likes

“…our journey to redemption” interesting words coming from Sylvanas. Many on this forum have told me the Forsaken do not want or need “redemption”? It is a nice speech.

If the “redemption” is destroy the forsaken lore and force Calia as leader i not like that type of “redemption”.

10 Likes

Calia is most likely going to be the leader and I agree it is not the best outcome… but I have been told explicitly that the Forsaken require no redemption, that they are not interested in the word at all applied to the Forsaken narrative… which is why it is interesting to hear the word come from Sylvanas mouth herself.

1 Like

I still have a faint hope that Calia is going to give the Forsaken the long requested paladin class, then just sort of wait in a back hall doing nothing. Admittedly, I have been burned many times by my optimism.

8 Likes

The only “redemption” need the forsaken is avoid the “hell”.

3 Likes