The Sunken Temple Raid Adjustments

When developing and tuning the Sunken Temple raid encounters, we had concerns about player power going into Phase 3 so we aimed high when tuning enemy health. We feel that we aimed too high and have recently deployed a hotfix that lowers the health of all enemies and bosses within the Sunken Temple to help ensure this content remains accessible to all players.

We’ll be watching progress closely and making additional adjustments as needed in the coming days. Thank you and have fun in Sunken Temple!

The Sunken Temple Raid

• Significant adjustments were made to trash and boss health. Please note: In order for these health adjustments to take effect you will need to soft reset your instance. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
10 Likes

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

11 Likes

Was wondering if I could just drink my beer I mean soda and raid almost had to work for the loot there

Ya having a boss with more HP than Patchwork should have been the first indicator.

Cant wait to see how much HP was nerfed!

EDIT: 1 Boss was nerfed by 56% HP WOW!

5 Likes

Im actually curious what conditions you playtested these fights under.

2 Likes

How about the gold Adjustments?

1 Like

We’re the play testers.

3 Likes

Give 100% xp buff outside incursions

3 Likes

It is ok for you to release something that is too easy. I don’t know why you feel so much pressure to “have things not killed day 1”. It’s classic, everything is always killed day 1 and people been wanting to play it for 20 years :slight_smile: .

7 Likes

I raided in WoW for the 1st time in over 15 years in SOD phase 1 but when you nerfed it became boring. Logging in every 3 days to do something boring.

I don’t play SOD anymore but looks like you did the same thing here in phase 3?

For perspective, one of the bosses had more HP than Patchwork in Naxx 40 on Classic Era and boss fights were taking 10+ mins for those who cleared them.

The fact that players have retail powers and likely are far more powerful than usual and still had issues is terrifying to me.

1 Like

The fact that the raid had people in it within hours of launch is already a problem…this dev team are morons honestly.

5 Likes

All the ones that were in the raids were leveling via dungeons. They were going to be in the raid in the first 24 hours, even without the 50% exp buff or incursions.

Nerf was a huge mistake. The raid was easy enough. The vocal minority of whiners need to gitgud, simple as that.

Why do you guys keep overturning bosses for the race then reverting it for the normies? Why not just make it relatively balanced at launch so nearly no tuning is needed or at least no major tuning?

better overtuned than undertuned.

that would require them to do testing

2 Likes

Are you going to fix the quest items in ashenvale incursions that you can’t even pick up because they’re bugged including Dreamengine and Azsharan Prophecy?