The Store Mount is 100% speed even at 40

I might feel an ounce of sympathy for your cause if you had taken a stand against mages cheating all of classic

Mate, its still P2W even if its not “winning” as its adventage gained through real life cash.

And the XP boost is pay to win because it will give you an adventage over all the people who still havnt even reached level 60 or even close to and can’t afford it.

Ontopp of that you don’t have to spend time leveling which makes the time you spent leveling worthless (even if you don’t consider it that way it still is time and gold you put into it)

This is a dead horse that has been beaten long past its time.

I’d say complain to someone who cares, but no one does.

1 Like

No, it’s not LOL

My 60s have the advantage over them.

BC is Outlands. The Boosters are NOT “surpassing” that content. Plus, the Boosters HAVE to go back to Old World, anyway to work on Professions. Plus, the Belves and Draenei CANNOT be Boosted, either!

It’s NOT “P2W”.

1 Like

so, by this logic, having a better computer than someone else is pay to win because I spent more money to have better performance

you heard it here folks, if we want to all be fair then we have to play TBC Classic on old Windows XP computers

You defiently did not play during TBC. more than the majority never got Epic flying before the expansion ended.

also “U got source on that” - Spells, mounts, time, the gear that is provided, the additonal weapons, professions. sums up to be around that much yes. as the training itself is like 1300 gold with the mounts that u get for free with the boost.

Also i was for a Gold reset going into how much of the gold is just bots.

And your opinion of p2w is “i don’t consider it is, so it isnt” anyone can litteraly google and read the wiki about the definition to see that you are wrong.

yeah you paid $70 for what? 20g? Thats definitely p2w

2 Likes

THAT IS PAY TO WIN

Pay to win includes anything that is a adventage to other players obtained through real life money.

you just gonna shun of the rest of the people who can’t afford to buy the boost and claim thats not P2W or an adventage just because you feel like it isnt.

Also can’t expect more from people who bought gold in classic. Y’all have fun

No because the computer is not part of the game.

He’s angry it’s ok.

Some people take loss gracefully.

Some blame the refs and the coaching staff and the other team for meaningless inconsequential things.

This is the latter.

1 Like

Actually i’m only annoyed because they just push out excuses as to why they want to validate this. Even going against the Definition of “P2W” just because they don’t think it is.

There wouldnt be a problem if they just straight out went and said “Yeah it is p2w and i like it that way, sorry you don’t like it, but thats the way it is”

Wouldnt be a problem if thats how they went by it.

Ya, angry.

1 Like

Yup but my anger is with people being dishonest and using excuses.

Those don’t count for…reasons. I am told.

Actually, it is consistent with the only other bought mount from TBC, the spectral tiger

So it’s about the same as original TBC, except you can’t auction house the mounts.

1 Like

I’m googling it and reading the Wiki, and it tells me that you’re “wrong”:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Pay-to-win

Pay-to-win

In some games, players who are willing to pay for special items, downloadable content, or to skip cooldown timers may be able to gain an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise hardly be able to access said items. Such games are called “pay-to-win” by critics. In general a game is considered pay-to-win when a player can gain any gameplay advantage over their non-paying peers. Market research indicates that pay-to-win mechanics are considered much more acceptable by players in China than in Western countries, possibly because Chinese players are more habituated to recurring costs associated with gaming, such as gaming café fees.

A common suggestion for avoiding pay-to-win is for payments to only be used to broaden the experience without affecting gameplay. For example, some games, such as Dota 2, Fortnite Battle Royale, and Starcraft II, only allow the purchase of cosmetic items, meaning that a player who has spent money on the game will still be on the same level as a player who has not. Others suggest finding a balance where a game encourages players to pay for extra content that enhances the game without making the free version feel limited by comparison. This theory is that players who do not pay for items would still increase awareness of it through word of mouth marketing, which ultimately benefits the game indirectly.

In response to concerns about players using payments to gain an advantage in the game, titles such as World of Tanks have explicitly committed to not giving paying players any advantages over their non-paying peers, while allowing the users buying the “gold” or “premium” ammo and expendables without paying the real money. However, features affecting gameplay and win rate, such as purchasing a 100% crew training level, a premium account, premium vehicles, and converting experience points to free experience points, remain available for the paying customers only

I mean, we can agree to disagree :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Imagine thinking that paying $70 for a 50 gold mount is “literally pay2win”

4 Likes

Please provide me an authoritative definition of p2w. Because to me, p2w is buying an advantage that CANNOT be obtained via in game work or is gated by RNG. Wow fits into neither of these definitions. So unless there is a defined term of waht p2w is, it’s subjective, and therefore open to interpretation.

3 Likes

scaling mount is scary to people stuck in 2007

correct

what does flying have to do with anything? the phase stalker can’t fly, at least as far as I’ve heard from blizzard

this sounds like a lot of blind speculation. spell training isn’t actually that expensive at the end of the day, apprentice riding (what you get for the boost) and the mount together are somewhere around only 50 gold total in TBC, time has no gold value, you don’t even know yet what gear is being provided other than that it is green quality, and the boost does not give you professions. so what we do know the boost gives isn’t even close to that much, and what we don’t know is very unlikely to add much more to it

ok

your opinion of p2w is “if someone uses real money to buy something that lands them ultimately worse off than I am going into the relevant content then it’s pay to win”