The status of lordaeron

Spoilers from the new novel. Calia and Voss seem to be wanting to get lordaeron back to the forsaken. They’re actively working towards it and it’s an open status for the undead people of lordaeron to get their former home back as it should be. What are the odds for success to it? Will the alliance undermine Calias claim or rather support it? Let me know with a comment of what you think of the status of the forsaken in shadowlands and beyond it. Thanks!

I mean… who’s going to live there in the Alliance?

I think the better question is, do the Forsaken want Lordaeron back considering the state it’s been left in, and the fact that Stromgarde is now firmly entrenched as an Alliance bastion in the Northern Eastern Kingdoms. The Alliance didn’t have such a powerful foothold before, which meant the north was pretty secure. If another war happens, Lordaeron would not be safe.

Likewise, there’s nothing to say the Alliance won’t be pushing deeper into the north over time while the Forsaken would be struggling to rebuild what once existed.

2 Likes

Calia makes it clear they want to get lordaeron back. So lordaeron will be a conflict of interests eventually.

1 Like

Doubtful. I can see Anduin just offering it on a silver platter to her, honestly.

13 Likes

That’s a possibility too yes. But first he needs to get out of the Maw for that.

1 Like

Nah, Calia’s in Oribos, all he needs is for her to say she wished the Forsaken can go back to Lordaeron and he’ll pop out explicitly to give her a written, signed document saying it’s cool. Then he’ll go right back.

15 Likes

I hope we see a new city of lordaeron

2 Likes

Couldn’t Deathknell grow larger by pushing the undead toward the woods? :thinking:

edit: Or is that a terrible idea?

1 Like

The real question is if they are talking about rebuilding Lordaeron in the book are Blizzard going to actually reflect this in game or is Lordaeron just going to have “under construction” tape and signs everywhere and they break for lunch and never come back?

17 Likes

I imagine they could use Andorhal as a capital if they decided to really go for it.

3 Likes

It is a possibility yes. I generally think forsaken deserve love and positive attention from the Dev team.

2 Likes

My question is, why don’t the actual Forsaken get a say in what there actually doing? This is completely beyond credible.

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t they want to get lordaeron back?

Considering we might see a revial of Teldrassil and talk of moving back to Lordaeron, I wonder if we’re going to see Darnassus and Undercity restored some day.

5 Likes

i think Teldrassil will be remain destroyed, hyjal will be the new home of the Night elves, maybe someday even with an city build upon it.

5 Likes

I’m not saying they don’t.

I’m just baffled by the fact that the forsaken themselves have absolutely no say in their own own future. Its as if their all mind controlled dummies.

There’s a list of Executors as long as your arm, plus the RAS, but not a peep from any of them. Were they all wiped out in some inexplicable purge that nobody miraculously heard about?

Where is the forsaken voice in any of this narrative. Even “Bannerbae” who was the gatekeeper of Ogrimmar. She literally said who could and who could not enter Orgrimmar.

9 Likes

I’m not a Forsaken player or fan, but personally, I’d love to see the new Forsaken capital be a floating Necropolis, like Naxrammas or Archerus. Much more difficult to attack, much more easy to defend, and useful for strategic engagements.

2 Likes

I’d like that. Float it above the ruins of Lordaeron.

If I recall, the Undercity was supposed to be some sort of under ground necropolis, it even gets called a necropolis some times, so I guess it’d be neat to move up in the chain.

I think there’s mention of the Night Mother reviving Teldrassil in Shadowlands… but I’m not 100% certain if I just fervor dream that or not.

I know we recover the nelf souls from the Maw, but I think I recall something about reviving the World tree too,

1 Like

He already did.

4 Likes

I’ve always been in favor of that direction actually. Undercity now becomes overcity, juiced up with a bit of reverse engineered legion technology from one of their many crashed spaceships.

3 Likes