The state of tanking. (Thanks to everyone who responded!)

I got the herbs out of there :+1:

You got out of the dungeon as well

1 Like

^ This right here. I would have voted yes to kick you too if I saw the tank running off to gather. IMO dps shouldn’t either but since that role isn’t as big as a tank or healer it likely would get overlooked.

1 Like

Upon completion, yep :+1:

This is the problematic mentality. I wasn’t “running off” as the mobs were the ones I gathered from. It took 10 seconds to gather. If people don’t have the attention span to wait 10 seconds, that’s more a reflection of them and not myself.

There has been a solution presented to this situation that I shall utilize in the future.

1 Like

That is why.

1 Like

This is all I have left to say.

It becomes more and more obvious why someone wanted you gone

then you go in as heals or dps to learn the dungeon… unless you outgear the dungeon, you shouldn’t start off tanking unless it’s stated while making the group. some people don’t like taking the time for others to learn.

I am neither specced or geared for heals or dps and would not have done well as either of those specs.

OP, if it means anything to you: when I was first learning to tank, I had a macro explaining that I was new to tanking and to be paitent.

I’ve been playing this game for almost 19-20 years now, so I personally don’t remember every mechanic to every boss in this game. I can recall specific fights- we have a giant eyeball boss that spits out a laser from it’s eyeball and chases you through a maze with it (Throne of Thunder).

But ask me to remember how to GET to some of these olds bosses (LK content) now and I would probably be lost for a while.

There’s also people who have been playing dps for way too long and have forgotten what tanking is actually like. I will always be patient with other players (unless they are paper tanks or pull Vanilla style hunter maneuvers and blame their brothers). Or if they are just being rude.

Then again, there’s plenty of dps that have never played all 3 roles, so they don’t know what it’s like.

I don’t log into the game to be ticked off with the world. It’s actually because it’s my destressifier from the real world.

I’m not the kind of player who would boot you. In fact, I usually say no unless they are causing detrimental disturbances to the group.

Picking plants, skinning, being a new player is not a reason for booting someone. Or rather, it’s a petty reason.

But that’s just me.

3 Likes

then that’s on you. find a group willing to learn the dungeon… or just don’t say anything and wing it.

Would you like to group with me so I can learn my way around?

It’s called inappropriate timing. Nobody wants to sit around while you pick an herb from 3 expansions ago. Situational awareness is what you’re lacking, which is made obvious by your responses. If you want to pick herbs, go into the dungeon and do it by yourself, nobody is going to sit around watching you.

You asked why you got kicked, then want to argue with everyone who is saying the same exact thing. It’s because you did something dumb and wasted other people’s time. Simple as that.

1 Like

Please re-read the Op where it says I was in a NORMAL dungeon.

Have a nice day.

there aren’t herbs in new dungeons any more for that very reason. So not only are they wasting time unnecessarily, it’s for low level professions that don’t matter.

Same comments apply. Nobody wants to sit around watching you pick an herb, regardless of where you are. But keep arguing rhetoric if that floats your boat.

2 Likes

I think this is the core of my issue. I have been playing Classic for so long where professions are encouraged and necessary for endgame content. And, I’ve been a dps and not tanking. I appreciate you taking the time out for your response and hope you have a lovely day.

You thinking your easily replaceable self has any say in how the other 4 members of the group want to spend their time is the problem.

Ah, well. The dungeon is ended and a solution has been presented to avoid such issues in the future. Enjoy your day.

Single player game.