The state of tanking. (Thanks to everyone who responded!)

For real lol The person that said that misread the OP because I wasn’t even in timewalking. Someone asked why I added some extra details like that I leveled via timewalking… It’s because I’ve been in classic for so long and didn’t do any of the zones in drafonflight. I spammed Legion timewalkers until I was 70 and then queue’d into dragonflight dungeons so I didn’t have the same exposure to them as many have had while leveling through the zones.

That hurt my feelings, meanine!

(Werebear does have a lil nub tail!)

I didn’t exactly go out of my way to collect them… They were gatherable after some plant mobs.

2 Likes

To turn in the quest for TW quest. Thats why. We dont go into TW to look at scenery or RP or pick herbs.

ok so basically back to “to get it over with” LOL

This can get Dps kicked lol.

Pick or skin after the run is done. Kind of a best practice to follow. for any class…

About the only exception I have seen is say UK…either game version. Most if not all 5 on the run will be on that collect item quest in leveling runs. so 5 people are picking up the weapons for the quest.

Most won’t sweat a few minutes here on a leveling UK run. As all are doing it.

Why even have herbs in dungeons then?

2 Likes

It was likely a plant-based monster as they said, similar to how certain other mobs could be interacted with using mining or engineering for a bunch of gray vendor trash.

1 Like

Yeah, people don’t like a break after each pack for the tank to skin/herb stuff.

YOu go back overleveled and geared to clean these out. Instanced private farming that bots can’t effect. Greens for sale or disenchant as well.

This was the way, and the way again in classic redo lol.

Most in a real run aren’t there to watch you pick rocks/flowers. Pick after the run is what most kind of expect.

Yes. TW can be completed in 5-10minutes, if OP wants to pick herbs they can go to old dungeon.

Why? Who made up that stupid rule that a tank can’t stop for a minute?

I kind of feel like the speed runners should have their own server and leave the normal people alone to ENJOY the game and not pay real world money for game achievements…

7 Likes

LoL!!

The gif! ::rofl:

:panda_face:

1 Like

Good, a normal dungeon shouldn’t take more than 10m

Why are you entitled enough to think you picking useless herbs is more valuable than 4 other peoples time.

Go pick flowers by yourself.

4 Likes

this
/10char

more for /10char

Ugh hate people that vote kick in Leveling dungeons rather then communicating so pathetic and childish.

Likely their issue was that your the Tank so basically expected to be the leader and weren’t too happy about you stopping to collect herbs rather then rushing through as people are trying to level fast so :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

2 Likes

Well, some people are just… awful. It’s a normal dungeon, lol. He probably struggles on M5’s.

Dungeon’s should not have just a means to an end. Playing a dungeon is playing the game.

But running it for the 100th time is no longer fun and meaningful, its a means to an end.

As tank you need to run through the whole dungeon pulling everything and skipping past all the bosses until the final one. That is your only job.

If you dont learn when everyone is learning , stuff like that is gonna happen