The state of tanking. (Thanks to everyone who responded!)

I’ve leveled all classes without readind a single quest.
My addon automatically accepts the quests and turn them in. I dont have a clue about the lore, i just want to kill dragons

4 Likes

You don’t know what you’re missing, I was actually excited to see the blue dragons from back in Legion show up in this expansion

2 Likes

Do they drop good loot or gold ?

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s the current state of random dungeons nowadays - not an uncommon experience.

Don’t take it personally - my advice is don’t take it personally and keep doing whatever you think is fun in game, despite what anyone in groups says.

2 Likes

Now I know why people on Horde always say “I hate dwarves”

2 Likes

Block them and move on

I mean, if i wanted to read, I’d buy a book. Man, I’d love to read Les Miserables.

But in game? I skip everything i can,even cutscenes, and i dont regret it.

1 Like

I think they should make cutscenes unskippable the first time

2 Likes

Well… Welcomed to retail, M+ kinda hardwired most people’s brain to seek the feelings of efficiency and instant gratification.

2 Likes

But why? It doesnt hurt anyone, i just dont care about the lore

1 Like

To bump up the numbers and make the developers feel good
“Look! our players love the effort you made to make all this lore so much! that they are willing to spend 20 min listening to the NPCs blather on and on before every 3 minute fight!”

1 Like

And thats why i hate the new megadugeon. It is really easy, but the RP kills me. I want to kill Morchie AND Chromie at the same time

1 Like

how would others in the group be able to teach you to tank it - they would have to have tanks…a lot of people don’t.

You weren’t kicked because you have never done the dungeon before, you were kicked because you were too needy and too selfish. Like what tank stops to pick herbs?

3 Likes

ya people today have a conniption when you don’t speed run dungeons.

1 Like

Why would you stop to gather herbs in retail tho? Theres no need. TW mechanics are non-existent too. People just wanna gogogo and beat the TW, get it over with. Not watch you pick herbs.

2 Likes

It has always been like that, i.e. no herbing for tanks since as long as I have been playing (14 years). Even doing the quests in the lower dungeons were iffy.

1 Like

What makes you think tanks shouldn’t pick herbs or collect skins, etc?

Please re-read the OP.

I guess being a hunter in WotLK classic for the last has caused me to forget how retail works. I don’t think I ever had a problem when I was tanking before Dragonflight. Then again, I was usually with guild members or friends. My guild has died and all my friens quit retail so I have been relying on pugs.

“get it over with” why play the game? lol

2 Likes

Lmao. That’ll do it.

I would have kicked you for not having a tail.

1 Like