The state of tanking. (Thanks to everyone who responded!)

OP,been that way for a long time just no one says much about it. This normally happens when two or more enter a qued dungeon or raid,they do this to cause trouble and to get you or someone from getting gear they might not get if you are they type. This does happen to me when a guildie is a clothie ,the competition exists.

I believe you :dracthyr_heart:
It’s just the combination of an old dungeon, people are trying to get in quick, and then certain types of people drawn to muck up a que for people who just want to get their quest done

2 Likes

Next time when you start a dungeon just say that you’re going to be picking herbs throughout, if the group says it’s a problem then just leave.

Problem solved

2 Likes

I will add you when I am on! I am playing Overwatch right now lol

Life becomes a little easier when you realize the following before entering a pick up group:

1. pick up groups are naturally hostile and petty.
  2. everyones time but yours is precious, fudging with someones perceived achievement/second profile is adequate cause for toxicity
  3. you are always too slow, or too fast or too bear or too something! Always!
  4. nobody thinks of you more then they think of themselves
  5. you are all just an expendable end to a means.
5 Likes

I’m sorry this happened to you. But for my edification, was this one occurrence that led you to this conclusion? Had you had any other dungeon runs, successful or unsuccessful, before or after this point?

1 Like

you edited it after i replied. :expressionless:

ok?

i’m not sure why you added a bunch of details unrelated to your issue.

what was the relevance with the mention of Wrath?

not exactly ancient history.

if i’m going into a dungeon for the first time, i read the in-game guide to see if there are any boss abilities i need to know about.
if i’m unsure, i’ll check wowhead comments.
if i’m still unsure, i watch a video.

if i was going in as a tank, i would want ALL of this stuff under my belt before joining a queue.

maybe i’m just old skool. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

We were kicked for skinning/herbing/mining in Wrath… This is nothing new.

6 Likes

You say this but reference the in game guide lol I actually forgot that existed until you just mentioned it.

I did, yes, to add the part that includes the edited section. Everything above that remained the same.

There has been a resolution presented to my issue and I will utilize this in the future.

It’s been trending that way since LfD was introduced. Many years later it’s a toxic mire with occasional flower patches

2 Likes

the dungeon journal has been in the game since Cataclysm, so it’s not exactly new :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

don’t talk about yourself like that.

1 Like

I’m gonna stick to WoTLK ;w; The server I’m on is filled w some really great people and I have enjoyed my time w them so much more than the last few days on retail.

3 Likes

Timewalking is not the place to linger to pick herbs as the vast majority of players are trying to get through as quickly as possible for the weekly quest. I highly doubt you’d be kicked if you didn’t know the dungeon.

So, how did you know it was the Shadow Priest that had you kicked?

As mentioned in the OP, I leveled up via Timewalking. I was not picking herbs in timewalker dungeons.

They were the one complaining and someone else mentioned that the priest needed to stop voting to kick me.

I am kinda over discusing this tho as a solution has been presented and I am a little more familiar with the dungeons now that I have been running them.

1 Like

Same problem, different expansion. You wont have LFD tho, so… No insta queues.

If you have friends to play, it may be quick and painless, if you don’t, you’ll do a LOT of quests before start being invited to dungeons.

You’ll be kicked if you wander to gather, if you’re the tank, your job is to get hit and survive, not pick flowers.

Thats just how the game is

1 Like

I’ve seen people do that in low level dungeons while leveling my panda lock. Saw a tank spec paladin queue as a healer only to pop in, boot the tank, and take over the run without getting a new healer. I’ve also seen people who stay DPS spec queue as a healer and never heal and blame others for the wipes. So bad at times I soul stone someone who’s not griefing and can rez hoping they’ll stay and rez me when the griefer gets everyone killed

1 Like

yeah it has. unless its at the end of the run, people didn’t like you doing that during pulls.

I have a good group to play with in wotlk. No one has ever minded gathering. Usually, they just ask “do we have a skinner” etc so people can make use of the materials. I guess I have been used to that for the last year and kind of forgot what it was like ti play in retail.

2 Likes

Heh, I’d say “decent” is debatable

I had the same experience OP, so actually just decided to outgear normal mode and start doing mythic dungeons instead and make my own groups ironically.

Don’t people ever play an expansion like this and think…what would Alexstrasza think of your behavior?!