The state of tanking. (Thanks to everyone who responded!)

Huh, good to know I suppose. Still even if it’s only trash drops, it’s still a feature of the game/dungeon so I still genuinely do not see a reason to kick someone for engaging with a feature included in the content and dungeon.

Idk anything about OP, nor do I personally gather in dungeons, but I also don’t lose my marbles when I queue into a slow clear group instead of the tank running 2000 miles ahead and soloing the dungeon for me.

Like in the end, I think if this is really such a big issue for people and if you would react the way the salty dude in OPs group did by attempting a votekick just voice your concerns to blizz and ask why are they even including gatherable mobs in dungeon content when you can’t even gather anything worthwhile off of them? I just don’t get blaming the player for engaging with a feature when the designers were the ones who put it in that content to begin with like go after the core of the problem instead of a symptom

2 Likes

Only one choice: deleted by user.

Thank you for taking the time to respond! This part I quoted is pretty much how I feel. I appreciate how you’ve worded this post.

1 Like

if you catch me in a good mood or on my alts, sure. LSUdogg#1416

one person wants to make 4 others wait and then gets upset that they don’t want to wait - who is the entitled one?

Yes, this is what this game has become. And the sweatlords will defend it.

2 Likes

That has become painfully clear. Though, I am relieved to see many who still enjoy the features - such as gathering for professions and talking with others in the dungeon.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately this is the state of players now. Everyone is in a massive rush every second of every piece of content. The last thing anyone wants to do now is play the game. The true goal of WoW players in 2023 is to sit in the main city and do absolutely nothing. Every moment someone actually has to “do” something is shear torment and they want it to end immediately.

3 Likes

Flower patches that you can’t pick. Or else!

2 Likes

Dwarves are just alliance goblins.

DPS can do it but not the tank or healer. Such a double standard. Y’all are a bunch of jerks. Just own it and move on.

Lol, you mean the same people who are more than likely pulling ahead and aggroing everything in sight bc big numbers go brrrr!

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, after they kicked you they sat around for 10 minutes doing absolutely nothing while hoping for another tank. So they probably learned a lesson.

1 Like

If anyone asks me why i think the wow community is toxic, im just going to link this thread.

3 Likes

I agree, it’s crazy how many players think it’s okay to waste other players time.

This is very doubtful. A tank isn’t needed if there is a competent player or two in the group.

I think it’s really a matter of perspective here. Let’s start with the vote kickers.

If you’ve only got an hour or two to play, and spent 20+/30+ mins in a queue, to end up in a run with a new tank that needs learning time, that burns some patience. and it adds up if you are gathering in the dungeon too. not defending the action, just putting things in perspective.

conversely, I’ve run as DPS/heals for tanks that aren’t pulling at a fast pace. to me, it’s kinda “so what?” because those few seconds or minutes won’t change the fact from me playing wow to… me playing wow. I’d give a nudge for non-linear dungeons like AA/BH/neltharus/NO, especially in M+ since mob clear % matters.

it helps to keep in mind that most people are looking for instant gratification, and any way of slowing down their time spent is… slowing that from instant.

also kudos to blizzard for jebaiting us to gather crap from plant mobs unless we have quite a number of profession knowledge in herbing.

DPS did their waiting already in the queue. They dont’ need to wait again in the dungeon for a couple of prima donnas.

not likely - every dungeon I have been in has been almost instant fill even for tanks. The group gets listed as a priority so gets first tank available.

lol WoW players… there’s a reason I don’t tank in this game. ESO and FFXIV do plenty to scratch that itch.

1 Like

Yeah no. That entitlement can GTFO. You don’t wanna wait so long in queue, roll a tank or healer. Or form a premade of speed runners and gogogo to your hearts content.

2 Likes

Not really if there is a feral druid in the group he can just swap to bear to tank (done it plenty of times) same if there is a DK and WW monk and HDH heck even a warrior and pally can do it as long as they have a shield and one hadned weapon.

Even a BM hunter pet can tank.