The state of Skirmishes should embarrass blizzard

Why is Arena Skirmish queue the only one that allows the game to continue even if all players don’t show up? Who thought it was a good idea to make people wait 10-15 minutes just to play a game they physically cannot win?

2 Likes

I think skirms are super fun

This is how normal arena behaves. Battlegrounds and epic battlegrounds, too.

Skirmish queues are like 3-4 minutes at the worst.

1 Like

Battlegrounds end if there are less than a certain amount of players. Solo Shuffle won’t even start if everyone does hit ready.

I have just sat through two 9+ minute queues. I can screen shot them if you like.

Yeah, but that never happens outside of deep six which is bugged.

That’s a different mode which doesn’t function with less than 6 people.

Saying you physically can’t win isn’t 100% true. The people who usually do skirms aren’t very practiced in PvP (not always lo). I’ve won 1v2 multiple times and I’ve even had people go 1 at a time when my partner didn’t join. It’s random but saying you can’t ever win just because your partner didn’t join isn’t true.

And what losing because you didn’t get a teammate is a function of skirms? Good times I guess? Why are we defending a system that doesn’t need to exist in this form, how hard is it to just add a ready check system like solo shuffle and dungeons?

Yeah.

Or you can pull off the epic 1v2

I’m not defending anything

I’m just explaining how it is, which is because they just grabbed how standard arena works and made it unranked or whatever

1 Like

As DH you can absolutely win those matches. Winning a 2vs1 is not exceedingly uncommon, especially in unrated formats like skirmishes.

So what I am gathering is, skirmishes is a system designed for people with friends, or masochists?

who cares? isn’t skirmish mostly for getting key-bind and macro settings working or killing time between other queues?

I’d rather keep the 2-5min q pops and have 1v2s or 2v3s every so often

Not only does the game go on, but the side missing a player can’t even see the other team. They’re double gimped.

They should at least let us see the other team so we can better prepare for a 1v2

1 Like

Doing 1 skirmish a day is a great way to get the new patterns, I have made roughly 200k since the patch dropped already. Some of my toons take 10 minutes to win one game, I have had it take as long as an hour and a half. You are correct my DH can win on his own a lot, but my healer characters cannot.

It’s just warmup/practice mode

1 Like

What’s the point of practicing a 1v2 or a 2v3 situation, that isn’t something you will ever need to reliably be good at in rated pvp.

We’re crying about skirms now?

2 Likes

It’s always something.

Oh, look, a 2v1 now. Gonna beat this guy like he owes me money.

2 Likes

It absolutely is. It’s practicing independence and consistency without relying on a partner carrying you. When your partner eats a large CC chain, what happens to the game? It becomes a 2vs3 or 1vs2 situation.

Dying in 5-10 seconds in CCs isn’t going to teach a new player a single thing, there is no reason for there not to be a ready check system for skirms. This would be like if someone didn’t accept a random dungeon queue and you weren’t allowed to fill the missing roles.

You should listen to what we’re saying instead of the voices in your head. No skirms are not meant for people with friends or it would require a group to queue them…