The State of Pet Collecting/Battles in Shadowlands

Hi there! I figured as my first main post of the forum, I should probably focus on something I’m passionate about. For me, that’s battle pets. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I love them and they keep me playing the game. To preface, this is strictly my opinions.

That said, I will post an addendum to this as a reply with thoughts from the community, both on my opinions and things they feel I left out. I welcome the Pet Battle forum to make a thread to talk about it, and I have asked the people in the Warcraftpets Discord as well. And after a week or so I’ll gather what I can and post said reply that way the devs can read the community feedback without going out of their way to find it.

Sorry about the intro, I over-explain everything. I also apologize in advance for the length of this post. Now, onto the thread!

Pet Battles and their Role in WoW

First, I think it’s important to preface that most of us are happy pet battles are still actively being worked on. However, in Shadowlands, pet battles feel like more of an afterthought and less a part of the game.

As an example, in Shadowlands Beta, wild pets weren’t enabled until the very very end of Beta, meaning we couldn’t test them. A lot of the treasure/rare drop pets couldn’t even be learned until near the end of beta. All of the feedback was given post-launch pretty much. We kept bringing it up on the beta forum and never got an answer as to when they’d be added. And considering there were a few major changes to battle abilities in Shadowlands, it was very difficult not being able to test and give feedback on beta, which is meant for feedback.

With all of that said, I’m still very grateful for the changes that were made in 9.1.5, and I imagine they’ve helped a lot of new people get into the pet battles of WoW.

And this is a personal thing, but I feel like Blizzard doesn’t know what role battle pets are supposed to have in WoW. We’ve had battle pets as a reward for a raid meta achievement, we have battle pets as a reward for Honor Level 400 (more on those later), and we have pets being thrown at us by rare spawns. It feels like they’re using pets as filler reward in every type of content and then making them uncageable, essentially making it extremely hard to get every pet for a collector unless they play 24/7. A good example of this is the fact that out of hundreds of thousands of collectors, there’s only 2 in the entire world with a “complete collection.” (more on this later as well). This wouldn’t be much of a problem if the rewards from the higher end things were recolors (much like most mounts are), but most of the time they’re unique models.

A lot of us use Pet Battles as a casual part of the game and don’t like being forced into a more hardcore setting in order to get stuff for the casual part. This is when making pets cageable is helpful. For example, I don’t know a single person who has liked the fact they had to go do Glory of the Tomb Raider for Micronax, or Poor Unfortunate Souls for Lagan. And most pet collectors I know have outright given up on the Honor 400 Crabs. (as you can see if you check warcraftpets top collectors, most of them have them excluded)

I just feel like it would be nice to have a concrete idea of what the devs want pets to be in WoW. Are they meant to be a casual side thing that we shouldn’t be using as the main part of the game? Or are they meant to be appealing to people like me who do use it as the main game, and if that’s the case, why do you consistently lock things behind other forms of hardcore endgame and not make those pets cageable? (A good example of this is Remornia in Shadowlands. It can’t be caged and comes from Denathrius. Thankfully it can drop in LFR, but for those who missed that chance while Nathria was current, it’s going to be a pain.)

Pet Dungeons

Then there’s pet battle dungeons. We were informed that Pet Battle Dungeons were going away due to lack of participation. However, Pet Battle Dungeons serve an important purpose that I feel will be lost if dungeons never return. They help bring the community together, as we create strategies together to overcome the challenges within. Not only that, but the portal you obtain from clearing the dungeon quest are valuable portals. It’s the only way Alliance have (barring a mage) to get to the Northern Eastern Kingdoms since the removal of the Dalaran Crater Portal. And it’s by far the easiest way for Horde to get to lower Eastern Kingdoms, as the other option is a zepplin to STV which takes ages. It also gives quick and easy access to a few nice to reach places like Blackrock Mountain.

I would recommend making the dungeons be more accessible to the average player, and scale with their pet levels like world quests and being able to heal when they want. However, I wouldn’t suggest getting rid of the Challenge Mode - instead, for those who do the scaling mode, have it reward a hefty amount of leveling stones, rarity stones, etc. so they can improve their collection. Make getting into pet battles more accessible for the average non-collector. Then leave the Challenge Mode as the one that rewards the currency used to buy that dungeon’s specific rewards.

Pet Battles And Trainers

Honestly, as much as I want to give feedback on this part, I genuinely have not been participating in the battle part of Pet Battles much this expansion, because… there just really isn’t many battles to do. I enjoyed doing the “Family Exorcist” achievement, but other than that, it’s been rather blah. There’s no quests to go fight trainers, and the world quest rewards for beating the trainers are very lackluster. Most of the time it’s not worth the time to even do the world quest.

There are changes that were never announced and discovered by the community, which I know was an issue with a lot of people. Things like if the opponent uses Bubble, and then you use a multi-attack, a single bubble will absorb all of the attacks rather than each attack breaking a bubble.

Anytime a new “powerful combo” is discovered by the community, within an expansion or two, the combo is completely dismantled by the dev team, and it’s left us running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to replace the strategies that we’ve used for years. A good example of this is when they removed “Howl Bomb” or in Shadowlands, “Black Claw + Flock”.

We’ve seen with dungeons like Stratholme that the dev team is more than capable of designing fights that these powerful combos don’t work on. So why do these combos get changed, completely ruining a lot of people’s favorite sets, rather than just designing around them? I understand the desire to change it, but feedback about the Claw/Flock change was ignored when posted about it on the beta forums, despite being asked for feedback on fights that seemed too hard without it, and to my knowledge, there’s a few fights that are still very hard without it.

And one final note about battles - Although I loved Family Exorcist, I feel like feedback about them has gone largely ignored as well. There’s a few fights, one in particular is the Night Fae that uses flying pets in Ardenweald. To my knowledge, not a single person has found a strategy to beat them using all Aquatic pets that doesn’t have less than like a 5% success rate. They’ve tried every type of pet from unobtainable, blizzard store, etc. even though we try to make strategies with accessible pets.

As for the trainer part of this section, it would be nice to have a once-over on the trainer spawn rotation in places like Legion. Courtesy of @FuxieDK on Twitter, this is a good example of how unbalanced the RNG of the world quests appearing is:

As you can see, the Suramar trainers have a much lower rate than any other trainer to spawn, even though they’re all required for the meta achievement.

Raiding with Leashes

I think most people love this achievement system. But it’s now been 3 years since we last received a Raiding with Leashes achievement. As most of the pets from this achievement are simply existing models shrunk down to pet size and attached to already existing raid fights, I’m not entirely sure why we still haven’t received the Draenor edition of Raiding with Leashes so long later. A lot of people (as you can tell on the pet forums if you look) feel as though Pet Battles are being forgotten in general due to this. I would hope that soon you can look into adding Raiding with Leashes VII. I even have the perfect suggestion for the meta reward pet: Rooby Roo - We left her behind in Admiral Taylors Garrison even after we let most of the ghosts escape.

Cageability

What pets can or can’t be caged needs to have a more concrete definition. We all understand and accept that pets obtained from the wild, the blizzard store, collectors editions, etc. can’t be caged. There’s nothing wrong with that.

But then you have contradictory things, like, you can’t cage the Vampiric Batling, Spirit of Competition, Jingles, etc. from in-game events, but you very much can for other in-game event pets.

Then there’s things like every emissary/paragon pet being cageable except one, the Wondrous Wisdomball, which coincidentally is the rarest.

There’s even a few pets that drop from rare spawns and some that drop from quests that can’t be caged, but it’s been well established they should be able to be.

It’d be nice to have a second pass across all pets cageability to try to get things more uniform, at least in my opinion.

I know there are a lot of bugs with pets, such as with Jingles the buggy little raptor, but the stickied thread says to make sure to post bugs in the proper forum, so I left out bugs on this post.

I will reply to this post with one more part of this thread, just to spread out the post a little and not overwhelm. It will cover pets that I feel are a bit too rare and should be adjusted if possible, as well as pets that are no longer obtainable but we weren’t given warning they would be.

26 Likes

Again to preface, these are just my opinion. I know there are people who love the super rare RNG aspect of the game, but at least for the people who socialize in the community, the vast majority of us hate it.

These are the pets that for some reason or another, are either impossible to obtain anymore or are so ridiculously rare you should go buy a lottery ticket if you do get one. A few of them have suggestions, but in general, this is mostly just meant to be a list for Blizzard to look at for pets that most, not all, of the community consider a nuisance. If you think of one I’m forgetting, don’t be afraid to speak up.

Unobtainable Pets

No, this isn’t about old BlizzCon or Collector’s Editions pets. Those we knew were limited time from the get go, and there’s zero things wrong with those being “unobtainable.” This isn’t even about things like the Vampiric Batling from the Wrath Pre-Event. This is about pets that we had no knowledge or foresight were leaving permanently, or given very little warning.

Spirit of Competition: - This pet was introduced in the Burning Crusade as a reward for battlegrounds during the Olympics event. At the time, we were told it would return every 2 years and the Olympic event would be recurring. However, it has not returned ever since the initial event. The fact this was re-released in BC Classic, but not in retail at the same time bothered me as well. (I have the pet, so it doesn’t affect me, but I know a few friends who hate it)

Old Recruit-A-Friend Pets: Not only were we only given a month of warning, it quite literally wasn’t enough time to get one of the pets, let alone all of them, as the pets were rewarded after your friend hit their third month subscribed and there was a deadline to redeem the rewards as well if your friend stayed subscribed. This also applies to mounts, but to a lesser degree, because the pets were only added to Recruit-A-Friend during the first revamp of the system, so you had much longer to get the mounts.

The Gryphon Hatchling and Wind Rider Cub: These two are a bit of a mystery to me. They were added to the Blizzard Store as a bonus for buying the corresponding plushie. However, the plushies would sell out within the first day they restocked. To add to this, we were never informed they would be limited time only, or never be available again. I personally think it’d be a nice thing to re-add them to the Blizzard Store as standalone pets.

Fetish Shaman - I know I said Collector’s Edition Pets would be excluded, but this is an exception. We were never told the Diablo III Collector’s Edition would go away, to my knowledge. On top of this, even if you buy the code from someone else for thousands nowadays, there’s reports they can’t even be redeemed anymore.

Various Pets: I don’t really want to spam links to every one of them, but there’s a dozen or so pets that are only available in specific regions. Some are only in NA, some only in EU, some only in China, and I believe one only in Korea. However, for some of them, they still appear in the pet journal and the pet API for all regions, which inadvertently makes a collection feel incomplete. I’d suggest removing it from the API/journal if you can’t physically obtain it in the region you’re in. Either that, or add a way for us to access those pets in the other regions, be it through a new system or the Blizzard Store.

Pet Rarity

First and foremost, I enjoy rare pets. The thrill of the hunt. Do not get me wrong. However, much like this thread Halite made about RNG in WoW, the RNG on some pets is just silly and often times is RNG on RNG. Just to re-iterate, I love rare pets and working towards them, but in a handful of times, I feel Blizzard went too far with the RNG.

Everliving Spore - This is a rare reward from the first Pet Battle Dungeon, Wailing Caverns. To put this in perspective of exactly how rare it is, it’s the most expensive pet on almost every realm, barring the Spectral Tiger Cub TCG pet. Blizzard learned from their mistake of this RNG in future pet dungeons, and added a currency system to those to buy the pets. But they didn’t retroactively do it to Wailing Caverns. I was gifted the pet by a nice person on the forums after I posted about how I’ve done the dungeon the equivalent of 2.5 years worth of attempts and still hadn’t gotten it, but I had to do it for so long I despise the dungeon with a passion now, even when I queue into it on a low level.

Spineclaw Crab - Anyone who collects pets knows this pet. It’s the bane of many of our existences. It has a very low drop rate off of a rare on the Timeless Isle. The problem though, is this rare can spawn all over the island, off the coast, and spawns in place of the elite crabs when you kill them. As no one is on Timeless Isle anymore, you rarely see it spawn, and even though we found one place to farm it, the drop rate is so low you’re better off buying it, as it’s still RNG on RNG.

Wondrous Wisdomball - This is a bit of an oddball, no pun intended. This is a rare reward from the Kirin’tor Emissary chest (not Paragon Chest) from Legion. However, it’s a reward from a quest you obtain from the chest, and it can’t be caged. I have friends who have done this every single time it’s been up since Legion and still don’t have this pet. Me, however? I have 3. But because I can’t cage them, 2 of them are sitting in my bags on two different toons.

Gilded Wader - This pet, is one of the things that made me despise Shadowlands for a while. It comes from a handful of treasures in Bastion, and of course that means it’s only available while there’s a calling to Bastion or the coins calling is up. I opened I believe over 1,000 viable chests and never received it. I ended up caving and buying one off the AH for like 70,000g when someone mispriced it.

Burdened Soul - Similar to the Gilded Wader, but like 1000x worse. This pet only comes from a single Secret Treasure in Revendreth when the callings are up. The problem? Due to RNG, that chest hasn’t been up in over 6 months. On top of that, when it IS up? It’s not even a 100% drop. RNG on RNG is not good. EDIT: Literally a week after this post was made, the Burdened Soul’s treasure popped up and has steadily been available over the past few months, so I’m assuming there was a bug that was fixed.

Honor 400 Crabs: Ah, would a list like this be complete without talking about these? For those unaware, there are 2 pets rewarded when you hit Honor 400. However, they are unique models, and thus sought after by collectors. Unfortunately, most of us will never get them. Most of the top collectors in the world have excluded them from their list of possible pets they’ll ever obtain. To add to this, we were told during Legion that they wouldn’t add anymore pets to Honor Levels, as they understood pet collectors were annoyed at the ones that existed, and then they went and added these a year later.

My suggestion on the Honor 400 Crabs specifically? Make them available at a lower Honor level, something like 35, but they will only have the helmet on (or nothing tbh). To retain some sort of visibility for people who are Honor 400 who get them, make Honor 400 reward items that apply the Weapon and Shield and possibly helmet to the crab. This is similar to Uuna, who can change appearance as you complete quests. This way, collectors can get the pet, but Honor 400 players still have a unique pet to show off.

25 Likes

Pets finally got their due, yay :> Overall I agree with pretty much everything that’s been said so far, and I suppose I have a few things to add as well.

Firstly though, I would just like to say that I’m not a massive fan of pet battles, specifically the ‘battle’ part of it. It’s a fun little minigame in of itself, but it is very much about finding the small handful of pets that can get the job done, and the rest of your pets are just collectibles that fill up your collection. Not that this is unique to pet battles, most creature collectors (such as Pokemon) has this problem, and when the number of pets starts getting high enough, balancing all of them is going to be hard. Beside the fact that it’s a turn-based battle between tiny cute things (in a game all about the big cool things), I think this is one of the reasons why pet battles are a little niche.

I do, however, enjoy collecting and leveling pets for the sake of completionism, and that’s what pets have been to me for a very long time: collectibles that I can sometimes also use in roleplay, if I so desire. I share some of the frustrations about collection, but I’ve also never gotten too deep into pet collection just yet - so I’m sure I’ll get to share more of them later on :>

I really wish they bring this back, this series of achievements single-handedly revived several of my friends’ interest in playing the game in the past, and they would be just as excited for new ones.

I thought the Wrath version’s pet battle with Algalon was a really cool reward/challenge for those that managed to collect the achievement, perhaps we could get some more of that related to these achievements?

Regarding achievements (and other content) in general, I would like to see more content geared towards casual fans of pet battles, as well as more hardcore tamers out there. The best way to spark interest in pet battles is to give people a taste of it through more casual gameplay, and then pay it off later on with more challenging content. The Shadowlands world quests does technically do this, the quests are relatively easy to do, but much harder if you want the associated achievements. The problem is that they’re just a bit bland, are tied to the world quest system and are thus not accessible all that often, and don’t come with an awful lot of personality.

While I think pet battle dungeons were a cool addition, it definitely caters to a smaller playerbase than a lot of other types of content. Which isn’t to say that’s bad, I think it’s neat that the more dedicated pet battlers get challenging enough content like that. The barrier of entry was perhaps a little too high for casual pet battlers, as has traditionally been a problem with pet battles in general. You need X pet to complete Y challenge, and there’s not much you can do if you don’t. The level scaling system makes this a little easier, at least as long as you have low-level pets to use, and the recent changes to battle stone experience makes it much easier to catch up on the ever-increasing level gap; every pet added is another 25 levels to scale (minus wild pets, which come with 2-3 levels to climb) and that means casual players are going to have a tough time getting to the end post.

My suggestion is to add questlines for pet battles, similar to what we got to experience in the pet battle dungeons, just geared towards more casual play. A short story mode for each zone, where you go to meet each trainer and complete a few tasks for them through pet battles, earn some battle stones or tokens along the way. These tasks should probably not just be “defeat this trainer”, but instead have you play with specific pets and do certain things, “defeat X pet with Y pet in your team”, or “use X ability on Y pet 10 times”, or something along those lines. And perhaps daily quests could take on a similar style of questing too, so you’re not just following a recipe for completion written by someone else.

Out of all the pet battles that are out there, the coolest ones (in my opinion) are boss battles that requires certain strategies to take down. It’s a real shame that most of these strategies boil down to using whichever strongest combo that is currently in the game. I think something that could spice these fights up would be adding abilities to these bosses that players will have to respond with, one way or another, perhaps adding an extra action button for the player to press at the right moment in order to win, or being able to use items during the fight in order to influence it. A little bit more depth, to spice things up a bit!

Those are at least the thoughts that came into my head while reading the thread; again, I agree with pretty much everything written down here, so I don’t think I need to reiterate on all of that :> Happy to finally see the topic discussed!

5 Likes

Speaking of Algalon in particular, it’d be nice to have a way to rematch him.

Due to the changes of battle pets between patches/expansions, most of the strategies for him no longer work.

The problem with this is once you beat him, you can never challenge him again. This means the strategy creators can’t help the community once they obtain stardust.

And it’s not as simple as making another account because the quest is battle.net account wide, so you’d have to make an entire new blizzard account, which means you’d have no pets at level 25 and have to do the entire chain to get into pet battles again, collect and Level relevant pets again, collect all the wrath pets to unlock the quest, and of course level the character. And no one has time to do all that just to test a single battle :sweat_smile:

If you visit the pet battle forums or even wowhead comments, you’ll find a LOT of frustrated people who can’t seem to find a strategy that works for them, and it sucks not being able to help them figure one out.

7 Likes

I was asked to comment on this in particular, so here’s my thoughts:

We were told that Pet Dungeons were being put on the back burner because they lacked broad appeal:

However, this excuse still doesn’t sit right with me, for the following reason:

The latest pet dungeon, Blackrock Depths, was completed IN CHALLENGE MODE by 10% of profiles wowhead has scanned from the armory.

This has no bearing on how many have done the dungeon at least once to unlock the portal, as the main questline does not grant an achievement, only the challenge mode, AKA not being able to heal during the dungeon, grants the achievement. So we have no way to track exactly how many people participate, but it’s higher than 10% for sure, as doing it the first time also unlocks the relevant portal.

To put this in perspective, the amount of players who have cleared Mythic Castle Nathria is 2%.

Even if we go back to last expansion to raids people are farming for transmogs now, it doesn’t get much better: (Note: overall mythic raid achievements were not added til Shadowlands, so I have to use the last boss)

Only 4% have cleared Mythic Ny’alotha.

Only 2% have cleared Mythic Eternal Palace.

Only 3% have cleared Mythic G’huun.

The only boss with more than 10% in the past 2 expansions is Jaina, and it’s almost positively because of the mount she drops, and if you look at the other bosses in BoD, most of them are close to or under 10%, meaning people are just joining pre-made Jaina groups for the mount.

Then we get into PvP, where only 1% of people have obtained Gladiator, ever. The achievement stays, the title doesn’t.

So the logic not enough appeal makes no sense when they very much make Mythic Raids and tune gear and skills for high level PvP, even though by the evidence we have, they have much less engagement than pet dungeons ever did, let alone pet battles in general.

If they added actual rewards to pet dungeons, like mounts, (even just recolors), I’m sure that number would double or triple. As of now, the only rewards are pets, which not everyone goes after.

Something the Secret Finder Discord has joked about is that if Jenafur had been a mount, the secret wouldn’t have lasted a year. But because she’s a pet, and not everyone wants pets, people weren’t as motivated as when the secret is a mount.

In short, I know there are some people who are fine with the non-inclusion of more dungeons, but when the excuse is something that makes no sense in the context of the game and evidence we have, I have issues with it.

Especially when they dedicate so much time on content only 1-2% of players ever see for years before it becomes casual transmog/mount farm status. Whereas pet dungeons are ever present, easily accessible, and you can do in your free time, it doesn’t require a schedule.

14 Likes

It’s not an entirely fair comparison, as ‘cutting edge’ content is largely inaccessible to most players because of its difficulty - they have low participation metrics by design - whereas pet battles are a lot less challenging to get into in comparison. The barrier of entry into pet battle dungeons is vastly smaller than the barrier to get into clearing a mythic raid, or earning Gladiator.

Mythic raids are also mostly just a new difficulty to an existing system, if there was an equally difficult setting in pet battle dungeons, it would have also seen low participation levels. Plus, there’s there are external factors to consider as well: the race to world first, streaming mythic progress in general, and also just… general progression made by players who don’t manage to complete the entire raids.

The PvP comparison is also not really apt, it was always designed to only be awarded to the top players - and by the very nature of appealing to top players, it already excludes the majority of the playerbase. It might cater to a small part of the playerbase, but it exists within a system that everyone gets to participate in with a (fairly) low entry barrier.

That both of these are also time sensitive only makes it pretty clear that very few people are going to be able to complete it; you only have one season of gameplay in order to get there in the end, whereas the pet battle dungeons are evergreen. If you could earn gladiator or progress in a mythic raid forever, how would these numbers compare then, I wonder.

However, I do agree that these activities do only benefit a very small part of the playerbase as a result, and I think it is unfortunate that they get all the attention whenever there’s a conversation about everything. It is a little unfair that pet battle dungeons, that don’t appeal to large parts of the playerbase, get thrown under the bus even if there are a fair amount of players that participate in them.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think this counts as niche content, but that’s not really the point, because not all content needs to cater to the entire playerbase in order to justify its existence.

1 Like

I think the difficulty is created falsely for pet dungeons as some pets you face are insane hard to kill just for the sake of this is hard unless you go in knowing you have X pet to kill Y pet just for that one group near the end. I think it really should have been a more fun thing instead of an absolute grind. I wanted most of the pet dungeon stuff just for the portals to different locations if they eventually brought world defense channel back. Just the fact that you have to actually run through each dungeon to fight a bunch of pets instead of some on rails “heres each battle get ported to the next one after winning” increases the time it takes by so much it almost makes it not worth running. I think the low participation can be exampled by the flaws in the actual design of doing the pet dungeon.

Looking at the celestial tournament thing compared to the pet dungeon you can draw alot of different pros and cons but the tournament is easier, faster, less time consuming, and still better because its actually instantly worth doing. I think when looking at rewards for each first run of the celestial tournament took me maybe 15 minutes and gave me 1 pet. If you look at the wailing caverns pet dungeon I think running from each battle takes more time and is worth way less making it honestly not worth doing more than once for almost the same reward as the tournament.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily think having it be done on rails is going to solve the participation problem of pet battle dungeons, just because something is faster to do doesn’t make it better. I’m not generally a fan of turning travel time into a meaningful metric in game design (it’s often used as padding), but I also think the travel time in the pet battle dungeons is more than acceptable. But I do agree with the point that the difficulty largely comes down to having the right pets.

Anyway, I’ve had some random ideas on how to spice up pet battles and collecting that I thought to share!

• Progression quests. Give pets the ability to hand out quests when they’ve met certain thresholds, these could be simple enough to be “be level 25” or “win a PvP battle with this pet in the team”, or you could delve into secret territories, like with Una. These quests could give battle stones, charms, even collectibles.
  • Pet transmog! Let us customise our pets with spell effects and costumes, some which may be usable by any pet, others tailored to specific pets. The Perky Pug already has tons of costumes, but they are all consumable, so what if we got permanent versions of that? Pet transmog would also be great rewards for the progression quests mentioned above.
  • Training grounds: Let us place pets in training areas to let them level up automatically over time, or perhaps making all pets in the training ground earn the same xp as is earned through other pet battles.
  • Rare spawns: Why not add the small chance to find ‘rare’ pets out in the overworld, with their own unique colour on the minimap. These pets will always be of rare quality, and defeating them will yield some bonus XP and other potential rewards.
2 Likes

These actually already exist. Though not very common. There’s a few pets that are rare spawns of other pets, and in order to spawn them you have to kill/catch the other pets and hope lol.

1 Like

A lot of great points on this thread already, but I wanted to add a minor point regarding a specific pet that needs a revamp in terms of obtainability. That is, the Hateful Eye.

I restarted playing WoW well after Legion and as a warlock, I find it frustrating that I still cannot obtain this class order hall battle pet. I have researched the Tier 2 choice “Demonic Offering” - but Legion order halls are completely deserted now, so how can I find other warlocks to complete the summoning ritual? I have spent months trying to get other warlocks to join me when I see them in the order hall, looking on group finder, etc. to no avail. In my previous guild, I managed to convince a couple other warlocks who were online to join me to summon the demon to get this battle pet and twice it has failed to drop.

Make the summoning ritual soloable - please! All the other class hall battle pets were attainable solo, this one should be the same.

9 Likes

I do agree with your post, but just to point out in case you weren’t aware, the Demon Hunter class hall also drops Hateful Eye, and it’s soloable.

I think making the eyes cageable would go a long way too lol. I have extras on my toons.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know that the demon hunters gets it also, but why should I have to play a demon hunter and get to that point just for a pet that I should already be able to get on my warlock? If all the other order hall battle pets are soloable, so should the warlock option. I don’t want to play a demon hunter…

2 Likes

Oh, I know. Like I said, I agree with your post. :slight_smile: Was just giving you a work-around if they don’t fix it. Not perfect, but better than only getting a chance every so often.

Making the eye cageable couldn’t hurt either - the other class hall pets have reasons to not be cageable - they’re a pet you capture from one of the Frostwolf babies, they’re dragons you buy, etc. But these just drop from a daily kill.

But yes, making it so Ritual of Doom can be started with just the 1 Warlock would do wonders.

1 Like