The Spy addon needs to be banned

So I downloaded it and it’s pretty funny. Anytime someone is in range of me it dings and shows me their exact coordinates in (x,y) form.

I messed with it and it tries to estimate level too lol. So if they mount up it’ll say level 40+ or level 60 depending on the mount. If they cast a buff on themselves it’ll say like 50+ or whatever depending on the buff rank. It essentially tries to DBM world pvp which is hilarious.

If they are in targeting range you can also just click their name on the addon interface and it’ll automatically target them for you lol.

The amount of people advocating for this addon being allowed is honestly cringey. You can literally see how many people are in a certain area without even looking around or communicating with anyone, and click on frames to find specific classes instead of actually looking on your screen. Sad that this is what the community wants.

Honestly I think we should see how this add on and other world pvp centric Addons play out.
They create a mini game within the game which could be a good thing. world pvp could keep classic going for quite a while until they fix it in retail.

1 Like

But if you had a computer for a brain you can do the same thing by looking at the chat log!!!

Not very articulate? You lost me when you insinuated that fortnite takes less skill then wow. Even if fortnite isn’t the game for me it has a skill ceiling 10 times that of classic. Even mythic/pvp on retail. It’s not even close. What a silly thing to say.

That being said I guess I have to agree, spy add on sucks. Especially for rogues.

/installs spy
/bathes in the warmth of the fresh tears

2 Likes

#NoLandMounts

There are few zones that “lowbies” quest in now that can easily be avoided such as Searing Gorge which is already a PvP hotspot anyways. It is very easy to play around the PvP through either instances or questing in less populated areas.

It’s very easy to tell who wasn’t around when the honor system was originally implemented but some folks just love playing the victim.

2 Likes

thanks for proving why its a dumb add on.

3 Likes

Agreed.

They should ban all addons, it automates the game.

i can agree its pretty op, but, i love seeing KoS pop up on screen

1 Like

I agree. I despise Rogues just as much as the next guy, but it is ridiculous that a legal addon cripples their effectiveness in PvP. I’d prefer that they be terrifying, as per tradition, than be pushovers.

1 Like

I know that I am not alone in saying this addon should be banned. Anyone defending the addon is just a pleb that needs it to be good, or a lazy half wit in general. What happened to the days of playing a game and getting good through experience. Now people just download any “skills” needed. Such a shame but I blame the retail players who are all about instant gratification.

1 Like

Exactly, its the lazy culture. Seems like the direction of gaming is to try to beat the code of the game, no matter what the game. Instead of just playing the game as intended. They do not care if this is a fantasy game with roles to play, they just look how to make an add on that does everything possible for them, at the very edge of getting banned.

2 Likes

if people are allow to name their character “Seamundic” in Classic server I am in, then what makes you think Blizzard will ban this addon?

1 Like

been like that in classic, the floor glitch in raid to get to C’thun early is such example but least they got perm ban

doubt it unfortunately for you

The addon goes a bit too far with all the information it provides and gives players who use it a significant advantage over those who don’t on many different levels.

It needs to be removed.