The Spelladin - new Retribution meta for Classic

If the guide is from post 2006 then it’s not a viable source of information. If we can not find a valid source, then we will wait until classic releases and have it checked.

Talents tho?

And seeming reliance on the MCP… So much effort for a 3charge 2h weapon

Do it single target now. Very few fights involve cleaving down adds with the boss past MC. You will always be a nightfall spec at best.

1 Like

I honestly can’t imagine that the weapon damage and other additions from a weapon would be worse then 50% attack speed on a low level weapon. I mean it makes sense for feral since how weapons work for them but in classic it seems…unlikely for paladins but once we get a real theory crafter in classic we can find out properly.

1 Like

I mean, if you rely solely on spell dmg and your judgement/seal it could work because of how the seal scales but you’d have to farm gnomer all week to be able to raid for a couple days, or even be close to viable.

Shockadin is much more stable if one wants to go for an outlying playstyle XD

1 Like

I mean like I guess? Just seems unlikely due to how gear worked and how many other people needed it. It’s why balance could never match the spell power of a mage/lock.

Sounds like a lot of time spent farming just to try to hold up in raids.

but all the more power to the people who want to put in the time and effort if this pans out in Classic.

6 Likes

Every guild loves a good melee healer paladin though, they are priceless.

If they can find a way to make this work, I will not turn away a Paladin who can melee while throwing out FoL, Sac, BoP, Salv, LoH, DI, etc.

It’s a niche role you only bring a couple of, but so is Warrior tanking spots.

1 Like

Why not call it PowerPally? it needs a lot of spellpower, and I think there’s a zing to it.

2 Likes

I like that better, not to be confused with the addon “pallypower” but yeah a little better.

2 Likes

They’re useful for sure.

I just don’t personally want to be the one farming 10 MCPs each week for Molten Core, on top of everything else that’s needed =P

Honestly if a ret is under the understanding that they are last in line to receive specific items, have specific job roles, and pull a minimum of 250 dps. Every raid will take one. ONE. Unless they have multiple Hpal’s and do not need one.

People have a problem with people trying to make ret viable when it just is not as a dps role. It was and always will be a support role in PvE content.

Pvp is different, anything goes.

1 Like

I mean this is technically a Mageladin spec
“Enchanting” your weapon to deal more damage while throwing some spells
And relying more on clothie-spell gear than on plate-strength gear

I think it’s great you guys are trying to prove paladins can DPS. Seriously. My first character was ret.

But the realist in me wants to see this die off because all it’s gonna do is give people the false hope that ret is easily raid viable DPS and it…just…isn’t. And the only way to even deal half decent dps is to blow long cooldowns and farm very specific gear.

People are gonna see this, think they can play ret, and then be disappointed when they’re asked to heal every raid.

Hate to rain on anyone’s parade, but I’m just throwing this out there…you’re still going to be healbots if you play a paladin.

11 Likes

As someone who also first played Ret then rerolled to warlock very quickly after hitting 60. This can not be said enough, while they may try, no matter how they try, they will always been lesser. If you have a niche to fill in your guild fine, however we shouldn’t be giving people false hope and this delusion of grandeur.

Not to mention the dps they manage even with the highest min/max’ing possible is still very subpar. A lot of people are in for a very rude awakening.

2 Likes

lolwut?!?!?

lol battle/guardian elixirs being a thing and capped at one per were introduced in TBC bro…

As of patch 2.1, all potions and elixirs that added a buff were designated as either Battle Elixirs or [Guardian Elixirs]. The Battle Elixirs being those that increase attack power, strength, damage versus certain monsters, etc. Elixirs will stack with ability-generated buffs [Trueshot Aura] for example) but will not stack with other Battle Elixirs.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Battle_Elixir

Sunder and FF do stack in Vanilla along with Armour Shatter (Annihilator axe proc)

[Faerie Fire] will now stack with other armor-reducing debuffs.
[Sunder Armor] no longer stacks with Expose Armor, but will now stack with Faerie Fire.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_0.9

face meet palm - Flask of Supreme Power stacks with Greater Arcane Elixir, Shadow Power Potion and Greater Fire Power Potion…

all you retail babies seriously need to git gud and L2PVanillaWoW

9 Likes

Ya wtf is a spelladin? That sounds like the winner of the national spelling bee contest. GTFO with that nonsense.

1 Like

Meme spec players looking for a guild should see the post for the guild TBA in the forums. We will be taking one of each (Feral, Boom, Ret, Shadow) as long as you tryhard.

4 Likes

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=13512/flask-of-supreme-power

Uh huh. They added the distinction to the tool tip to help with numerous complaints they had about wasted consumables. Consumables with similar effects did not stack. The actual item itself still had the identification of either guardian or battle elixir however you would know that if you could simply look. Similar to how all gear had an item level and it was simply hidden until Blizzard placed them on the item for us to see after the whole gear score issue.

Besides it really does not matter what you say because of this.

https://classic.wowhead.com/elixirs

O why look at that, wowhead-classic which gets it data straight from Blizzard has them as such even without the tool tips. Looks like you lost this one pretend DPS.

Enjoy being even more subpar without your abuse of consumables.