The solution for delves

Without revamping them completely.

If delves are solo content, why can you queue as a group? The slippery slope is a-slippin, and it is fast becoming a branch of Mythic.

5 Likes

They were never meant to be just solo

2 Likes

Delves are just open world dungeons, sort of like OG dungeons prior to queing existing.

1 Like

I think their intent is that everyone can do everything in some way. For good or ill.

But I bet Blizzard is looking for something that is the next evolution of dungeons. Delves might be it.

2 Likes

Yeah they need to pick a lane on delves. It’s going to be too difficult to make it decent content for both group and solo play. One side will get shafted (extremely likely to be the soloists). It should just be exclusively solo.

4 Likes

up to 3 like scenarios would probably be the sweet spot honestly, solo is boring but a full 5 makes it much harder to balance

1 Like

Since they can’t balance anything and they insist on catering to groups I agree with you.

1 Like

And that is great.
The problem is there are a decent number of classes that are flat-out dependent on a tank in dungeons.
The game should check if the player or group contains a tank and if not, provide the option of Brann being a tank.
Solo should check if the player is a solo class. I main hunter, but hunter is a healer/DPS/tank unto themselves.

PTR is the solution.

Shut that circus down and test it!

Sorry,
PTR?

Player Test Realm.

I’m not sure solo-vs-group is really the key cultural divide here.

Within solo play you have everything from people (like myself) who generally peak at WQs and pick talents as RP choices through to people who want more mage tower level content that pushes their min/maxing talents to the limit. Both extremes seem to have come in believing we were the target audience of delves.

If dungeons and raids are group content, why can you queue solo?

This is still an MMO.

Might not have been totally what was originally planned (solo) but it should be. The game has 5 person progressive dungeons. Lots of them when you count chromie. There are progressive raids. All group play. Why not just make delves a solo item and not have to F around with all the balance for group vs solo stuff.

1 Like

We can’t for anything that matters.

They don’t matter? Weird, last week I could have sworn it was the END OF THE WORLD every time somebody left a queue-made group.

It is advertised as solo AND group friendly. Also, delves are supposed to be Evergreen, constantly changing to make them more interesting and immersive. I look forward to that day.

1 Like

lol man, c’mon. don’t be daft.

It was the end of the world. Welcome to World v.1.10

1 Like

correct. but stop acting so disingenuous as if blizzard didnt imply solo would be the primary focus.

2 Likes