The Sire Denathrius Lag is Frankly Ridiculous

My guild has recently started progression on Mythic Sire Denathrius and the lag in phase 1 is frankly ridiculous. It gets so bad sometimes we get night hunters overlapping with blood price which is pretty much an instant wipe. If the healers lag too badly they cant top the raid which is an instant wipe. If DPS lag too much they cant kill the adds which is an instant wipe. Normally we can consistently make it to phase 2 but if the lag is too bad we just get stuck over and over again in phase 1.

We have tried everything including:

• Reducing the number of adds spawned
  • Not casting certain abilities such as epidemic, ashen hollow EWT.
  • Having less people in the raid to see if it helps

We had the same issue on heroic but managed to get through it but its unplayable. Honestly its shocking that Blizzard hasn’t fixed the issue. It has been ongoing since the start of the tier. Its pretty obvious that the add mechanic in P1 is simply incompatible with Blizzards current server infrastructure.

At this stage the only obvious solution is to rework the mechanic entirely to something that is actually functional. Logging in to spend 3 hours wiping on a boss due to lag is not fun and hugely demoralizing.

Something needs to be done.

My guild has the same issue. It may be addon related or simply too many entities spawning at once. Not really much that can be done about it because it’s been like this since even the world first guilds killed it.

Watch like the last 5-10 minutes of LimitMax’s Mythic SLG video, he starts talking about Mythic Denathrius and exactly what causes the lag during P1. He also goes into solutions.

EDIT: he starts explaining the server lag at 39:22

We have the Same issue and seems like every OCE Guild does as well. Haven’t done a raid night where this isn’t a massive problem to our prog. On the ok nights we get maybe 50% of our pulls where this doesn’t wipe us in p1 to be able to prog the fight.

EG

it’s your hard drive.

it doesnt write fast enough.

have your resource monitor up on the other screen and watch as your computer fails to read/write enough to keep up with the graphics of the adds.

And here it is, some useless comment about how it is a “local Issue”. you have no idea what you are talking about, please tell me how all 20 members in the raid are getting the same hard drive issue? also all the other OCE guilds? Hmmmm we all must be using the same computer in the same house?

Useless.

Here is a topic on the matter with a lot of OCE guilds commenting.

Edit: Also i’m running a NVMe hard drive with wow on it, can’t get much faster champ. Stop posting missinfomation about issues you have no clue about, it distracts from the actual issues and slows down ability for people trying to raise faults / bugs with the game.

3 Likes

Can’t tell if you’re roleplaying Blizzard CS or if you’re unironically telling me that my non-existent HDDs are too slow.

I’ll be a little less troll as I’ve had a change of heart in the past 3 minutes. Please understand that the night hunter mechanics are being delayed, sometimes to the point where they’re going off after we’ve landed on the ground from the blood price. There is no way that we’re locally able to control that, and if we were that would lead to some potentially massive game breaking issues with future raids. If you could manipulate boss mechanics locally and change their timings it would get you banned.

5 Likes

You could have just said “I literally do not know anything”

Would have taken less words.

Your brain doesn’t write fast enough lmao

4 Likes

shut up 12 lol noob

1 Like

works fine for me /shrug

Mate, you’re still progging on Council. What do you mean by works for you?
Also, you’re on Sargeras which is a US based realm as opposed to everyone here on Frostmourne which is OCE.

1 Like

We have something in common, we’re also not progging on Sire because we don’t even get a chance to.

We’ve had issues like this in the past with lots of active NPC’s, or events firing at the same time, resulting in huge spikes in lag, or disconnects, especially amplified for players far away from the server (e.g. NZ player playing on a US realm).

Trial of the Crusader was an example I remember vividly, as well as Thorim, since the arena spectators were responsible for it. It took a loooong time to get them looked at.

“Hard drives” was naturally irrelevant lol.

The only solution is to spawn less adds on the first cleansing. Anything past 30 adds and you’re asking for trouble.