The secret forum that exists is not helping

If it is a secret how you know it exists :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It is no longer a secret.

The fact that I know it now means that the end is near.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Alright, you win this round

2 Likes

If you believe the person who spoke about the “secret forum” some short time ago, they allegedly just do not value feedback, regardless of who it’s from. The “secret forum” (if it exists) sounds like it was a big fat waste of time.

And if I actually cared that much about it, I’d be borderline offended that they would even opt to make a secret forum. Sounds like a “screw you” to the rest of us.

And yes, I am sure there are reasons why they would do that… as we all know, feedback and criticisms aren’t always constructive. But I feel like most readers should be able to look past that and not make unconstructive criticism the main topic of conversation. I feel like even the people I disagree with most on these forums are mature and intelligent enough to discern what is constructive and what is not, and should be able to silently dismiss rage posts and salty unconstructive criticism. Yet, I am proven wrong on this daily. So who knows.

As others above have mentioned, communication = good, silence = bad

4 Likes

Maybe since the egos of these people who get access to the “secret” forum got hurt, blizzard washed their hands of it. That one girl who started a crusade trying to be a victim is patient zero.

Listening and agreeing aren’t the same, just because some on GD think an idea is good, doesn’t mean Blizzard agrees or has to use that idea. Normally, when I “listen to us” what it really should say is “listen to me and me alone, all other feedback be damned”.

A few? GD Is infested with arrogant narcissists.

Except a lot of the time, the players are wrong yet refuse to acknowledge it. They can’t possibly, nor should they, do what everyone on the forums want. Game design is not nor will it ever be a democracy, for a very good reason.

1 Like

The fact that it existed so long indicates to me that a lot of the hand picked people were genuinely wanting to give feedback to improve game without ego involved.

You say this, but as the op pointed out they have this secret forum that they use for select players and even then they don’t bother to want to take feedback.

Just last year many players on Twitter have talked about how the devs would lash out against players in that private forum and ignore their feedback. They ignore feedback on their own official public forums, they ignore and lash out against players on their private forums and all we have are meme lords running the Blizzard accounts and rarely much interaction from Blizzard on feedback there aside from some known devs occasionally making cynical posts about players feedback.

At least there was one that was willing to reach out and interact on the dk discord, but since then it has been closed off and limited by the moderator. So, there’s that :neutral_face:

Also, take note this lashing out wasn’t something recent. It, as memory serves started as far back as WoD.

2 Likes

Like having to do torghast for soul ash

Back when class balancing was still unbalanced?

And developers stopped listening to theorycrafters and Sim Jockeys because all their ideas were intentionally skewed so they could update their guides and the cottage-industry of telling people what to do in WoW.

hmm. I wonder.

And yet BlizZard hired a bunch of WoW theory crafters. Hypocritical to me to turn backs on theory craft community when that is how they landed those jobs in the first place!

Not sure what the point is - just need clarification. So there’s another form for moderators? But they let a select few players in? And this no longer exists??

Fail to see problem yet. Was on another forum half this size, was a moderator, and of course there was a separate forum - supposedly to discuss the forum issues. Was totally surprised when I got there how much gossip and in fighting there was!! Lol Same as on the regular form, just smaller.

However, how does this affect us? Devs have already said they don’t pay attention to forums. We’re basically a free for all, self moderating beast that only gets paid attention to when some kids on the playground get ruffer than normal.

More specifically it is a secret feedback forum.

?? Ohhkaaay

Holinka said on his interview with Venruki a few days ago that they look at all places for feedback but the best odds to have your comment looked at is tweeting to warcraftdevs on Twitter.

2 Likes

That is like a needle in a haystack.

They ignored the feedback for reverting torghast to the fun version that it used to be and removing the conduit energy then.

That’s what I heard as well a few years back

Yes they have lol seems like you need to go and watch the Preach interview with Ion that came out a couple months ago… this has already been talked about.