The RP-PvP Thread

I’m not saying that you’re angry. I’m saying that you seem angry.

You still seem angry, by the way, and I hardly think that making a polite request is out of line. If you don’t want to, cool. I’m not trying to force you to do anything, just asking if you mind doing something.

1 Like

Well I can’t make you think I’m not angry. All I can do is tell you im not. I never assume I know how someone on the other side of a screen is feeling because I don’t know. It is up to you to interpret the text. I can’t make you see me as happy. Arrogant sure but not angry.

I really hope they make a RP-PvP server I miss old Emerald Dream days

3 Likes

I’ve heard many people on Emerald Dream are planning to move to classic. :smiley:

This is the best possible server option…

2 Likes

The side we plan on playing is still in flux, but I have 4-6 people joining me for this server type.

1 Like

I’d make some rp-pvp alts. Probably not a main, but I do enjoy rp from time to time.

Yeah, several of us in PoL plan to play. I don’t know if everyone is going to dedicate themselves as much to Classic as I am, but there are a few of us.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. We’re lucky to have friends to go into classic with, I always feel bad for those who don’t.

Like I said in the OP, my own group of friends is planning an Alliance-side guild. There’s about 10 of us right now. If you or Hanners are interested, I’d love to have you all in our guild. I think it’d be cool to bring the two different social circles together so that everyone has their friends but we get to meet new people too.

Totally up to you though! :slight_smile:

What the hell Blizzard?!

RP-PvP servers or riot!!

Don’t riot yet friend, please leave a heart here so that your voice may be heard,

We can change this IF WE TRYYYYYYYY

6 Likes

Unfortunately alot of the old school WPvP people on Emerald Dream have moved on from the game. Emerald Dream WPVP and RP-WPVP was amazing all the way up until Warlords when it killed it. It was even great in Pandaria with massive RP-WPVP campaigns between guilds from both factions. I hope classic will be able to recapture some of the 80vs80 and huge guild vs guild lag fests that I loved being a part of.

Regardless, I look forward to wreaking havoc in crossroads and raiding cities again.

What on earth…

If no RP-PvP server is introduced at launch the RP community will have to come together to chose a PvP server as a “de facto” home.

The best solution is to have a dedicated server but we also shouldn’t falter due to blind ignorance.

1 Like

Hopefully this isn’t the case. I understand RP-PVP is a pretty specific group of folks, but I’d also argue that these same people are disproportionately more likely to play Classic than other demographics. We thrive off of nostalgia as someone mentioned earlier, big WPVP isn’t the same anymore and could be if Classic had an RPPVP server.

1 Like

I would agree. I think the RP community especially the PVP variant has best potential for longevity in terms of subscription. I know people such as myself who originally didnt play on an RP server at the time that would really only want to play on an RP server this time around. When they announced classic RP PvP was the first thing that came to my mind. It’s not even big wPvP (as we had this on BB) that is the draw but more the lore specific naming guidelines and the more relaxed community. Rushing to 60, stomping content in the first 2 months, and being world firsts are of no interest to me. I don’t want to game with characters named “microwave” or “xxlegolasxx” but rather players who invest in their character.

Just one RPPVP server. If it fills up, then open another.

There will need to be at least 2, because the earth being round, timezones are a thing.

(with the cloud based servers, server location and ping are still a concern, no?)

I wanted to main on an RP-PvP server since Classic was announced, I have been practicing my RP and I want to play on a server with likeminded people.

1 Like

My friends and I are all coming back for Classic, and we were planning to roll on RP-PvP. Hoping Blizzard changes their initial take and plans to open some RP-PvP realms. Would really like to not have to move or reroll once established somewhere else.

1 Like