The RP Community Structure

Alright I’m admittedly in a more pessimistic mindset but I’m generally curious: for how many of you is WRA the alt server?

I’m a returning WRA native and have come across an issue where people I rp with generally vanish after first interaction. Have a nice scene in Org, add character friend for potential follow up, never see them online again.

My MG alt doesn’t have that problem, I’d say both characters have about 10 recent friends each but no matter what time or day I log in the WRA character has an empty list and the MG character has 3-5.

Not a callout, not a lamentation of the “dead” server, genuinely curious how many people have WRA as their main. I see a lot of posts about guilds so is it more like WRA is a lot of guild event activity while MG is more open walk up rp?

Hope you had or have a lovely day and thanks for reading if you got this far. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is exactly it, actually. WrA has more emphasis on guild rp and less on walk-up, through walk up rp is definitely a thing on the server! You just have to keep in mind time and location, MG is an east coast server and WrA is west coast, so our prime time is off by a few hours in comparison.

Also if you want to connect with fellow roleplayers I recommend the Wyrmrest Community Protect! It’s both a Discord and an in-game community that helps with meeting new people for walk ups and guilds for long term rp, as well as a handy calendar of upcoming server events.

9 Likes

Wra for me personally is my home server (and I still need to remake or move my alliance paladin off of mg) but horde roleplay as of late has been mostly alts people hop onto once in a blue moon, tbh. I blame Shadowlands for a majority of it.
A lot of people I’ve seen who used to more frequently roleplay (like myself) also just don’t anymore.

But also I only tend to play two characters, as who my other roleplay characters are get too many people being weird towards them that I don’t want to play them because of it.

1 Like

I have heard a lot of Horde RP on WrA are alts of Alliance mains of MG. I don’t know how true this is tho.

I am both glad to hear the server does have some health to it and sad to hear it’s mostly build events. My past experience is people slowly treating rp events like weekly dnd where they show up for a few hours then disappear the rest of the week.

I’ll still give that community resource a look and probably hang around the guild Faire coming up. Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

This is definitely my home server. Been here for almost ten years. As a guild leader, I don’t have a lot of time to do other stuff. Especially since we started raiding. That is just another night we no longer have to rp. My guild has also been huge into world Rp so we aren’t in Org that much.

I’ve been on WRA for the good majority of my time in game. Though not always on this character, I’ve migrated over from Arygos years ago among a few other realms.

Hey Raton, good to see ya still kickin’ it Horde side. Been away for a couple years and have only gotten back recently with a new gaming rig.

1 Like

For my part, still new to the server. Guild and me transferred right before the lawsuit news hit (wonderful timing). Between that and Shadowlands also killing our love for the game, we went on our first hiatus ever. We’re back after taking a break in GW2 and FFXIV.

All that to say we’re back but been starting up slowly. We’ve been enjoying Alliance walk-up RP in SW and Duskwood, and are getting into upcoming events as well.

Sorry that’s been your experience, that sucks. For my part, I’m invested in helping and creating more RP opportunities, and having fun here on our little niche of the web. So I’ll be out more.

1 Like

This is the Horde server.

This is the server where Horde characters sit behind the walls of Orgrimmar. Watching. Waiting for the Alliance to lower their guard. Wondering which of us has the nicest living room.

1 Like

WrA-A main for years now! There’s plenty of stuff going on, just not in Stormwind. I can usually find a crowd in Duskwood! Also, there’s events basically every day! As of late, there’s been a big shift to neutral-events. Many events are guild-based, but I know a lot of guilds that open their events to guests, friends, and allies. Not to mention the server public campaigns that operate as regular stories for anyone to engage with!

2 Likes

People often underestimate just how much more populated MG-A is. If you put all the RP’ers from WrA, Horde and Alliance, along with the Horde half of MG, you still wouldn’t have as many people as MG-Alliance.

You’re just plain going to find more of everything on MG-A. More guilds. More events. More server projects. More walk-ups. More of whatever kind of RP it is you’re looking for. I think that also statistically includes more flakes, but again, your’re relatively swamped with options, so someone ghosting you doesn’t have the same much impact when you’re spoiled for choice in a lot of cases.

That said, I very much enjoy WrA-H. Mostly because I enjoy Horde RP more. I have a full and active friends list, but I’m no stranger to people going quiet on me for extended periods of time. Just the name of the game with online interaction. Spend enough time in the Valley of Honor or attend some of the events advertised here on the forums and you’ll very quickly find the “regulars” as opposed to people testing out character concepts.

8 Likes

Quality > Quantity

9 Likes

Wyrmrest has always been more guild based RP vs walk up RP, but I’ve never had difficulty finding Walk Up RP when I look for it.

even thow im on moon guard now, i dont even RP unless its guild events or the few public events usually hosted by someone in my guild.

i dont have the free time like i used to, its easier to plan around scheduled events instead of meandering around SW or Org hoping to pick up RP and continue it consistently, mainly because I’m the one that can’t play consistently with IRL obligations stacking up.

1 Like

I’m about 90% WrA with an alt on MG. Mains are over here and I’ve been here since 2 weeks after the server opened. RP is more guild than walk up on WrA.

My main for content has been on WrA-H since wrath. I just recently started actually role playing since we have a lot more time now with less daily busy work.

One thing I did notice after making an ALT to role play a different Dragon person on moon guard was that the population difference is indeed massive. I’ve had a handful of very very long talks with people outside of the tail and usually end up seeing a lot of the same faces each night.

Moon guard alliance, Stormwind has a lot more people running around and there are probably more people in MG goldshire alone then there ever are in all of ogrimmar on Wyrmrest at any given time.

Despite that population difference, on both sides I’ve had no issue finding walk up role play, be it serious, light-hearted, or lewd even during my usual hours of 1-10AM EST and even have several long-term story lines pulled together for both sides as well.

The number one piece of advice I can give though, don’t let a character’s existence rely on a specific person being there, because between interest and availability, doing so may lead to burnout or losing interest in your own character when they are not able to interact with people they are tied to.

3 Likes

I’m planning on creating a another version of my Paladin on Wyrmrest to help out with the Alliance Population even through I’m mainly tied to Moonguard on the Alliance. I still would like to see a Balance of a boom on both sides like it used to be. Plus sadly due to the recent mess ups of my pc with the downloads of me being dumb for putting my WoW Screenshots on the Downloads List and I ended up deleting them and losing process of my life stories of WoW Away specially with Dragonflight which was a huge blow.

Ether on Moonguard or Wyrmrest Accord. I wouldn’t mind starting a Paladin again to understand tanking since right now I’m mostly mainly with Dps throughout my whole life and sadly with the job now that I work on Sundays and Thursdays my playtime is tied. As it may I would love to see something crazy this community can do on both sides.

This is my main server now. Even if the server is a couple hours behind me I still prefer to play here because the crowd is generally friendly and its clear that even the non-RPer crowd cares about the lore far more than a normal PvE server. It feels better and more alive than just another dead PvE/PvP server.

And I’m a coward and run away from walk up RP, but I still seek it out to just watch. Typically the only time that the Valley of Honor is empty is the wee hours of the morning for the server.

3 Likes

Run if you want. There is no escape from the eight-hour spontaneous smalltalk RP.

2 Likes

Its the Alliance. They have the better living room. They’ve ALWAYS had the better living room.