The root of the bot problem

Is mage aoe and hunter kiting.

Both classes are ridiculously easy to play. Thus, easy to script.

Streamers and youtubers encouraging aoe farming doesnt help either.

4 Likes

The root of the problem is Blizzard doesn’t ban them quickly enough. It takes several months for an account to be banned after being detected for botting.

22 Likes

What the druid said.

2 Likes

Even if blizzard bans them, the botters will just make new accounts and boost new bots to 60.

The aoe boosting in this game is out of control.

2 Likes

Nuking the bot accounts more often would make it more of an investment to try to keep going, and less profitable as the bots can’t farm that long before they’re banned.

9 Likes

I personally like multi boxers, but every solution I can come up with eliminates botters and multi boxers. So I think the root of the problem is too far deep to comprend at this point.

I find it troubling blizzard condones botters paying them to ignore their botting.

2 Likes

There’s a certain ret paladin who claims Blizzard bans all the botters, and thinks just Blizzard’s word is enough to trust - in 2020 - and that there isn’t really a bot problem.

9 Likes

1st lie, I’m not a Ret Paladin.

2nd lie, I never said Blizzard bans all the bots.

1st truth, I do think Blizzard’s word that they ban bots means they ban bots. They’ve straight up said they don’t get them all and they wish they could do better and do it faster.

3rd lie, I do think there’s a problem but I also think it’s overdramatized, like most things.

“Additionally, the last action was not several months ago. We have various actions happening all the time, often throughout the month in both games.”

1 Like

The reality is they don’t ban fast enough. By the time a bot is banned it already powerleveled a dozen more. I hate to say it, but maybe wow tokens are the way to curb it.

1 Like

boy what do you mean hunter is easy to kite with? if that’s so you wouldn’t be begging for gold in orgrimmar every reset day.

the issue is blizzard not doing anyhting with bots not the classes.

I always assume given the tier.

You never really elaborated when I asked you to. You said that they banned what - 200k a week? in China, but when I asked you to go into more detail you dodged.

They do, however, not report numbers.

1 Like

Lol. Being forced to level a mage to aoe farm so I can buy consumables are ridiculous prices seems like good game design to me.

ey you invested in leveling a char only to spend 12 hour a day of your time to stay in ghost and only come out to dispell people teleporting to main cities.

I invested on a char that can make tons of gold.

plain and simple

also you wear cloth soooo…

No; if they get nuked every week, have to pay $15 per new account per week, and can barely make it to 60 before getting deleted, the problem would be solved.

1 Like

Lvl 103 advocating for tokens

WoW tokens don’t delete bots; they just put a price ceiling on the gold they sell.

what if bots start speed leveling in 2 days?

Costs em 15 bucks a shot to do that.

Also, consider that if one of other posters said is true and the China client enables this kind of behavior then simply region lock the China client so that it cannot attach to the other Regions at any point ever.

Also for any account suspected of botting, that gets reported require authentication, maybe that can be spoofed now? I don’t know.

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s possible to bot to 60 in two days. Link?

The point still stands: A bot that can farm ZG in terribad leveling gear for 2-4 days before getting deleted < a bot that can farm for 1 month+ before getting deleted

It is if they have a bot boosting them through dungeons. But yeah, banning the 60s faster would make it less profitable.