The road to 1800

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” - John Quincy Adams

Not so long ago we were inhabitants in a vast, new world. Families would uproot and put their futures partly in the hands of God, making up the rest with grit, and determination as they sought fame, fortune, or just the soul revitalizing soothing of a life lived outside of the typical hustle and bustle of civilization.

Or more recently? In the 1960’s man took the courageous leap to dream beyond imagination and step foot beyond the bounds of our planetery limitations as they brushed shoulders with destiny in our first attempts at the great beyond.

Just like great men of the past it has come to my attention that we’re in need of a change. Our beloved forums are uncumbered with negativity, self-doubt, and loathing. Healer morale, specifically, is at a record low with no light at the end of the tunnel. This perhaps may be my fault as much or more than others, as I have been an outspoken adversary of rated solo shuffle for quite a while.

In an effort to turn the tide, much like a theological messiah, I have decided to don my garments of woe and trudge through the alien expanse that is solo shuffle in an effort to promote communal solidarity, and a better tomorrow. This will be no small undertaking, such is any endeavor worth a man’s time, but my blood, sweat, and tears shall not be in vain.

So join me, brothers and sisters in slaughter, as I prepare to embark upon a quest that will rival Odysseus, and rejoice in my triumph or share in my sorrows as I put to the test the ultimate question: is it impossible for healers to climb in rated solo shuffle?

My journey begins this week.

Veni, Vidi, Vici.

18 Likes

Kung Pao Lmao

1 Like

I mean if you’re playing Disc you’re not really a healer as much as you are a DPS that has the option to heal.

I had a solo shuffle round in the 1900 range where the disc on my team went 6-0 and was bottom healer most rounds because he just kept up insane pressure while doing spot heals, it looked like a fun time tbh.

I have a 0cr Rsham, ready to be launched into orbit like a space monkey.

The only way I’ll ever play Disc is upon request from a very small selection of btags. Lol

2 Likes

Your CR better not be 1799.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

RSham doesn’t sound like a fun time in comparison to Disc, but this is your challenge so either way I hope you break into 1800s.

Only reason I suggested disc is because it’s the current FoTM and with how blizzard is balancing, who knows how hard they’ll hit disc. Might as well enjoy it while it’s at the top :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Emelianenko - Illidan.

My other Rsham is 1600ish from early season but figured it’d be more fun to start from scratch. Lol

Have you finished your placement games yet?

Let us know where your starting point is (after placements).

Disc also mitigate damage by substantial reduction amounts, if it’s a quad melee lobby and they get great value out of dome, they essentially did 2-3x the amount of healing details shows. Healing done is the new “damage done from bg’s” in rss, it’s a small part of what’s important.

1 Like

Yeah that’s also true, I didn’t think about mitigation.

Details misses a lot of key metrics sometimes lol, but I guess as a general number calculator it’s decent.

Nah, I did one match last week. Is it 10 individual queues for placements in RSS, or just rounds?

No clue.

I’d guess 10 games.

It would be kinda weird to finish your placement after 1.6667 games. Like two thirds into your second game, the system is like I know what your MMR should be. Don’t even need to see the results of the next 2 rounds.

There is a warrior in every single lobby anymore, and as a result getting value out of dome is really easy, just dome the spear. I’ll be at 20k hps on my disc for the beginning of the match and the other healer is at 40k but everyone is alive the same, dome is such an undervalued defensive.

Rooting for you Doors.

Anything to keep you out of slaying dragons and in the arena. Fred and I almost got the courage to ask you to heal last night but you were killing dragons.

3 Likes

Adam Sandler said it first

1 Like

George likes his chicken spicy!

2 Likes

Yeah all my tyrannical week keys are low, this is gonna be a big week for IO increase for me. Probably end the week around 18-1900 IO for keys. Then smooth sailing into my blue dinosaur mount. Lol

1 Like

Our little m+ group is sitting on the exact same. We just started pushing into 15s this past week so hopefully 2-3 more weeks will wrap up ksm.

1 Like

Wheelchairs in the walls

1 Like

Got double bloodgullets to match.

1 Like