The Ridiculous State of BG/Honor Farming (Math)

Not trying to be crass… Isn’t rhat what RBGs are for in Retail?

It is but that rating gets you way better gear than what this is intended. The blue pvp gear isnt fully Bis. Retail Rated BGs gets you Bis gear

At least it’s not retail where your honor gear item level is time gated until august 10th

I truly feel bad for retail players must be hard playing a game where the developers are totally incompetent

That thread isn’t misinformation, everyone can see you get dumpstered in the thread lol. You can be upset as you like but you aren’t understanding that this isn’t the prepatch or early amount of honor we are supposed to be given. This is a Frankenstein patch, they took things from different parts of BC to create it & 2.4.3 honor is NOT like the current state of honor & it was proven in that thread you misunderstand, still.

Also to your 2nd ss there, this isn’t for epic gear. This is for starter blue gear that is worse than dungeon gear, but required for MOST classes to step into arena. Lock, Spriest, healer whatever they all stack resil and fall over if they haven’t done the 500 hour grind for starter gear lol.

1 Like

i bged heavy in original bc, and still enjoy it. yeah, you get a free epic item for enjoying battlegrounds. you shouldnt get that caught up on grinding honor. concentrated efforts, plus the daily BG provides a significant amount of honor, and your guaranteed an item.

its generally quicker, and much easier than a raid loot system, and much easier than arena. so i dont see what your complaining about.

premade vrs premade only would most likely solve all of the honor complaints on this forum.

That thread is misinformation. Do I really have to go through this again? Do you know why the OP of that thread edited it so many times? Because he kept removing claims and adjusting them as I disproved his misinformation.

Here’s a claim he hasn’t edited out that I can easily disprove:

Here’s a thread from the original TBC pre-patch:

The ONE video that Zinqf linked in that thread showing honor values being affected by HK’s was either a display issue or a bug. Honor from honorable kills for level 60 vs 60 PvP was set to 20, and nerfed by 30% ( to 14) after the first week of the original TBC pre-patch. You can see that here:

The honor value for honorable kills from level 70 vs 70 PvP combat was set to 20.9 during the entirety of TBC.

Honor is of course split evenly across the entirety of nearby raid members:

AB battle uploaded on June 13th, 2007. 25 minute game, 146 bonus honor for the winning team:

EoTS battle uploaded on February 23rd, 2007. 25 minute game and 125 bonus honor for the winning team:

Honor is TBC accurate. That thread is an ever-receding pocket of poor research, assumptions and misinformation.

2 Likes

you dont need full pvp gear to do arena

Yes you do. Depends on your class/ofcourse skill set too.

You’re being filtered. You thought you did but you didn’t

1 Like

Gear is only gonna get you so far my friend.

Found Andycloud’s alt. ^^^^

No.

I never made a thread asking for honor to be nerfed; I think honor should be buffed. I don’t think asking Blizzard to “make it like it was in TBC” is going to have that result when honor already is like it was in TBC.

This is literally “No-changes” or “authenticity first” once again proving to be awful, lazy philosophies.

Also, I don’t hide on low level posting alts. Every opinion and fact I espouse on this forum is done on this character.

Press X for doubt.

You are Andycloud. Fact.

2 Likes

Naw del has more evidence than anyone regarding the issue showing that this in fact is how honor was back in the day, everyone’s just become a min max Mandy and remembers grinding “an entire PvP set in a week” when in reality they probably grinded one piece over a week or grinded a weapon and the nostalgia mixed with the high of getting the weapon is making them forgetful of how absolute dog**** everyone was at the game then. Fully support increasing the honor rewarded in BGs.

1 Like

You’re quite mistaken. The blue pvp gear isn’t a reward. It’s the basic set of pvp gear. You’d b e much better off getting pve gear to pvp in than wasting your time grinding honor.

PVP gear should be homogenized anyways and completely cosmetic. Then it would be a reward for skill and commitment. But as it stands now it doesn’t serve it’s purpose and most players will forgo pursuing it and just skip over to the arena pieces with combinations of pve gear.

They disprove you in the thread. Why do you cling onto your misunderstanding of it? The honor is received at higher amounts in the patch we are playing 2.4.3. You are incorrect and it’s been shown by others already, we aren’t talking about what honor was given in early tbc or prepatch.

Damn bro, it’s hard reading your comments because you’re so biased and in a polite manner - unintelligent.

With your logic given, you’re suggesting that those that rolled Horde on high Alliance pop realms should suffer not only the consequences of the other realms in their Battlegroup which causes the inflation, but moronic suggestions stating that it’s their fault for rolling a specific faction?

Your view is isolated, and you’re only thinking about the smaller picture (e.g your own realm), rather than the larger picture - it’s the Battlegroups that are the problem… Not people picking a specific faction.

1 Like

Yeah just turning on Faction vs Faction battle grounds on again will fix this issue… hopefully it’ll be here soon

1 Like

Man, you really do not like the facts.

The honor is TBC correct. There were MINIMAL changes to honor over the course of TBC. The biggest one was the removal of diminishing returns on honorable kills in patch 2.4. There were also some small changes to AV and that’s IT.

It’s actually not. In tbc I took a warrior to 70. Through queue times I had him fully resilience geared in just over 2 weeks. My friends parents were away on a 2 week cruise so he bg’d with me the entire time.

Stop buying what Blizzard feeds you.

2 Likes