Lvl 70 Honor Gear

Nobody abused anything they just played the game. Its blizzard that abused the community for allowing some people to acquire the honor if they no lifed the first day before the hot fix.

Fix it… nerfing 90% so you get 10% of the honor we used to then “doubling it” aka 20% is like some tactic a used car salesman would use.

3 Likes

Unfortunately blizz already decided to not wipe honor with the first hotfix nerf which is likely when they would have done it.

The chance that it happens after people legitimately grind it, after they said they wouldn’t is really low.

Legitimately grinding honor cap at these rates isn’t that hard to do in the first place, so wipe would impact a ton of legitimate players.

2 Likes

Way fewer people benefitted from this. It wasn’t available for long at all.

This implies people were intentionally manipulating something to benefit from it. Only in hindsight did people know this. And only in hindsight did people realize it would have been a good time to stockpile. That’s why the amount of people with capped honor is VERY VERY VERY low.

Tinfoil and Cringe fused to form this post.

3 Likes

Forgetfullness*

1 Like

The bottleneck will be marks, not honor. Get honor capped all you want, but if you’re rolling into TBC with ~20 or so of each mark, you’ll be right back in BG’s.

HONOR is not the issue here guys, GET YOUR MARKS, or you’ll regret it.

In 2.3 people had so many more marks than honor. Honor was possibly the worst its ever been and it was an age that tried to adjust the decent honor gains via Honorable kills system that they had.

So honorable kills were changed to no longer take the player’s rank into consideration in 2.3 and with diminishing returns it basically made it feel like honor didn’t exist anymore.

The marks and lack of honor was so bad that in season 4 they removed the diminishing return cap (but the HK honor was still pretty low) and they also added the Concerted Efforts NPC back to the game with a new quest that gave you 314 honor repeatedly when you brought one of each mark to him.

1 Like

Arena S1 and S2 (maybe 3) will be a huge problem with marks instead of honor. I can see having more marks than honor in later phases as resilience is abundant and people start to replace certain PvP peices with PvE peices.

Currently we don’t have any DR on kills, or no DR til you die 50 times then you’re worth no honor. The PvP quest is definitely bugged and they need to bring back concerted efforts at some point.

Not true unless you waste marks on lvl 60 gear.

1 Like

It’s sad but also a bit funny to see all these fresh boosts with 2+ epic pvp gear pieces including weaps lol. What a mess… as usual some players have a huge advantage because of a bug.

1 Like

What about the players who got their pvp gear months ago on their mains? Should they have theirs removed too?

why would anyone remove people that grinded out grandmarshal gear when it was hard. thats dumb. are you just flexing that you spent 900 hours in av during classic?

Not sure what you mean here. Are you really comparing people that grinded for months with boosts that grinded less than a day for gear and honor cap? Either that or maybe you just don’t understand what this thread is about I guess.

1 Like

I know this is a bit off your topic, but for comparison purposes, the double honor has actually been solid. The double double honor for a holiday weekend for grinding specific BGs + normal double honor for everything else feels like a good place to leave it.

I don’t think they will, but I think they should consider it. The honor gains feel just smooth enough to warrant giving the effort while not high enough to make the gear something you gather via solo queue in a couple of days either.

Danyil gets it. Might as well change their name to EA games at this point… Actually, I think EA might have a little more integrity hehe. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I did cap honor day 1 and i just now finished grinding 100 of each mark . Im pretty sure i would have still reached honor cap after doing all that even after the nerf. I played for 3 days straight almost to get 100 of each mark. Do i still deserve to lose my 75k ? Or am i a rare insane case?

2 Likes

With AB weekend and the “Double Honor” event we’re getting about 1000 honor per win in our AB premade. I grinded 15k honor, fairly casually, this evening. You could absolutely hit the 75k cap in the 13 day prepatch having never queue’d a single time during the first day. Did those folks get crazy honor for very little time / effort? Sure. Great for them - they were in the right place at the right time. But you’re making it sound like that was the ONLY POSSIBLE WAY to honor cap before June 1st.

Grind it out like the rest of us. If you spent half the time in AB that you spend crying on the forums about an “unfair advantage” you would be halfway to the cap yourself.

2 Likes

#honorwipetbc

/signed

This doesn’t even make sense at this point. They would have had to do this on Tues or Wednesday morning. Now, people have also been queue’ing all day Wed, Thurs, Fri and Saturday. You want to wipe 5 days worth of people’s honor gains?

It might have been reasonable to honor wipe like the moment Blizzard found out there was a bug. Or maybe slashed that held honor by 75% or something. But now you’re essentially campaigning for Blizzard to take 40-80 hours worth of people’s honor grind away from them too? Honor that wasn’t even gained during “the bug”?

Ludicrous.

Like I said. I grinded out 15k honor this evening. I would very much like to keep that honor. It has nothing to do with the shenanigans earlier this week.

7 Likes

Not sure what the bigger bottleneck is between honor and marks. I currently have 100 ab 100 av and 48 wsg with about 55k honor.

Yup, totally unfair. I was planning to play TBC but this is a clear unfair advantage, so I am not going to play.

3 Likes