The Ridiculous State of BG/Honor Farming (Math)

You do realize that honor is split among nearby raid members, right? Like it always has? Try reading that blue post I linked.

3-6 hour qs was not intended and you are a fool if you think so.

Would make sense if there were nearby raid members

That’s why honor should be in a pool and split at the end of the game. Playing defense should be rewarded too.

1 Like

It always used to suck as a flag carrier in WSG where I’d do most of the work (getting the flag often solo, carrying it back, and then running circles around our base) and then I’d have to farm an extra 3 hours to get the same honor that the rest of my team did due to not getting the HKs. It was fun for a while but I so retired from that, I don’t even want to do WSG anymore on my druid lol.

Honor isn’t accurate. Bonus honor might be but honor per kill definitely is not. Farming people at GY was the main way we farmed honor & marks were always the grind not the honor. Someone had a long forum about this that proved what I’m saying in detail with screenshots etc I cba to search for it atm. I’ll try to link later.

Here it is How we REALLY got our TBC honor (with sources)

2 Likes

I think the only thing they were “testing” was the Alliance reaction.

4 Likes

I put my time in when I died hundreds of times leveling due to ganking because I was significantly outnumbered by the horde. Put in yours.

I didn’t cry about it on the forums. It was the consequence of my choice.

Earn the gear, take your choice and deal with it. Take your 45 minutes to queue just like it took me 45 minutes to complete a quest that should’ve taken me 5 minutes.

Realize your choice to be horde had consequences for other people just like it has consequences for yourself.

1 Like

Honor is accurate, including honor from kills. That thread is misinformation.

Old post from original TBC pre-patch of someone complaining about honor and not marks. There’s a reason you can turn in marks for honor but not honor for marks:

Yeah this is so annoying. I hate blizzard. Stretching this testing out. I could be pvping and having fun, and not enjoying a whole different game. But enjoying this game the way its supposed to be. And blizzard doing this long testing instead of just putting it in pisses me off. Put the same faction bgs in. The longer they wait the worst. The waiting is not for anything good. They can make adjustments as they go

Premades should be broken. Folks complain enough about queue times as it is. We don’t need an extra queue in top of what we already have.

Seems like you sprinters are not so good at running marathons.

1 Like

I get that playing with your friends is fun. like a 3-5 man I get it but when you make a full premade with healers you know what you are doing. Whats wrong with playing and putting your skills against another premade?

Not trying to be crass… Isn’t rhat what RBGs are for in Retail?

It is but that rating gets you way better gear than what this is intended. The blue pvp gear isnt fully Bis. Retail Rated BGs gets you Bis gear

At least it’s not retail where your honor gear item level is time gated until august 10th

I truly feel bad for retail players must be hard playing a game where the developers are totally incompetent

That thread isn’t misinformation, everyone can see you get dumpstered in the thread lol. You can be upset as you like but you aren’t understanding that this isn’t the prepatch or early amount of honor we are supposed to be given. This is a Frankenstein patch, they took things from different parts of BC to create it & 2.4.3 honor is NOT like the current state of honor & it was proven in that thread you misunderstand, still.

Also to your 2nd ss there, this isn’t for epic gear. This is for starter blue gear that is worse than dungeon gear, but required for MOST classes to step into arena. Lock, Spriest, healer whatever they all stack resil and fall over if they haven’t done the 500 hour grind for starter gear lol.

1 Like

i bged heavy in original bc, and still enjoy it. yeah, you get a free epic item for enjoying battlegrounds. you shouldnt get that caught up on grinding honor. concentrated efforts, plus the daily BG provides a significant amount of honor, and your guaranteed an item.

its generally quicker, and much easier than a raid loot system, and much easier than arena. so i dont see what your complaining about.

premade vrs premade only would most likely solve all of the honor complaints on this forum.

That thread is misinformation. Do I really have to go through this again? Do you know why the OP of that thread edited it so many times? Because he kept removing claims and adjusting them as I disproved his misinformation.

Here’s a claim he hasn’t edited out that I can easily disprove:

Here’s a thread from the original TBC pre-patch:

The ONE video that Zinqf linked in that thread showing honor values being affected by HK’s was either a display issue or a bug. Honor from honorable kills for level 60 vs 60 PvP was set to 20, and nerfed by 30% ( to 14) after the first week of the original TBC pre-patch. You can see that here:

The honor value for honorable kills from level 70 vs 70 PvP combat was set to 20.9 during the entirety of TBC.

Honor is of course split evenly across the entirety of nearby raid members:

AB battle uploaded on June 13th, 2007. 25 minute game, 146 bonus honor for the winning team:

EoTS battle uploaded on February 23rd, 2007. 25 minute game and 125 bonus honor for the winning team:

Honor is TBC accurate. That thread is an ever-receding pocket of poor research, assumptions and misinformation.

2 Likes

you dont need full pvp gear to do arena