The return of Twinking?

I have barely touched BFA so you are going to have to explain this one a little more to me. Are you saying they segregated twink in wrath, brought them back into normal BGs at some point (as far as I am aware, this never happened) and then separated them again in BFA?

Yup that’s pretty much it

At what point did they let twinks back in normal BGs?

Not sure the exact expac but it lasted a good while. Maybe end of wod or legion?

Twinks are still in bgs right now btw. lvl 20 twinks who let their sub expire and play as f2p (same bracket as exp-on players) absolutely dominate the 20-29 bracket. It’s total carnage for non-twinks.

I just did some quick searching and I couldn’t find anything saying twinks were ever let back into BGs at any point, I am not saying you are wrong, but I feel like I would have heard about this. I did play very little during legion though, so I guess it is possible, but the fact that Latest and Equalsthree never brought it up when we were talking about twinks being dead since (in their opinion) Cata makes me feel like it never happened.

And I just leveled up a Dark Iron Dwarf through nothing but BGs and I never saw any twinks, I got top of the charts everytime in nothing but looms and drops from BGs they are still relegated to XP off BGs

I don’t care if you believe me or not, it happened. lvl 119 twinks especially were thriving in the exp on queues.

Go into the Bg forums and search ‘xp off’ or twinks.

Here’s one (march this year) XPOFF XPON Separate new patch?

I said twinks died in Cata due to scaling issues that got way out of control with low brackets.

They did make a little comeback in MoP in the xp off brackets, and I played for a few months. Queues happened fairly regularly. 10-15m queues.

I quit in WoD so not sure whats up now. I tried BFA 3 day free trial and low level felt like hot garbage so I dont imagine twinks are a thing, but i could be wrong.

I am not saying I don’t believe you, you could be right for sure. I just find it odd that no one in this entire discussion has brought up twinks being let back into normal BGs.

The bg forums were spammed with twinking threads for months after the xp on / off queues got separated (again) in the March patch. Go look at that 168 page thread I linked.

I would be happy with any twink bracket.

What a lot of people dont understand is that one motivation for twink pvp is not being caught up in the gear treadmill cylce and just being able to chill out and pvp.

Some people need the treadmill as a reason to play, but a lot of people hate the treadmill

It looks like from reading it that most people didn’t know if it was a bug or intended? I just skimmed over it though. If BGs did get put back together for xp off and on, that was just a terrible decision by blizzard, and they must have thought so too since it didnt seem to last long before they separated them again.

Well anyway here’s a blue post on it

So they merged the queues again at the start of legion then disabled them for the second time in march 2019 BFA.

ah ok that makes sense. Another reason why legion was the worst Xpac imo. That hurt both anti twinks and pro twinks, lose/lose situation.

Just. One. More. Post.

Twinking is evil.

1 Like

Playing in the 49 bracket for years, I can absolutely tell you that we wanted to play other twinks. There was a reason that many people transferred to the Ruin battlegroup, and more specifically, to horde Mannoroth to join is in Lolbster. Any given night we had 3-4 full 10 player groups battling the many allince guilds that had cropped up like DWRA on Medivh.

You will never be Hokage

My Rennegan says differently.

1 Like

Well no one could use enchants and power of your character was based on item level in legion. It wasn’t much of a boost barely noticeable pretty much twinks were even with none twinks yet anti twinks cried out blaming twinks for imbalance classes like survival hunter and disc priest which one could not be killed while the other kill you in 2 hits because it was buffed so people would actually play it.
In bfa enchants were brought back but were nerfed against players to the point it didn’t really give people unparalleled power it was just filled with arcane mages 1 shoting people with arcane missles and disc priests that are unkillable.

Either way twinks died out in cataclysm because everyone was a twink in the pvp brackets the new quest gear was on par with the best items you could get and heirlooms everyone had heirlooms. Plus you could organize a group of people from both sides to que in the twink bracket and not get into warsong so people played in leveling bracket instead.

Easy, because you’re deliberately choosing to play in a bracket where you know good and well that you’re playing against noobs and casual rerolls who’re just trying to learn their class and rotations instead of playing at max level where you know you’ll play against people who’ve mastered their class.

There are positive twinks who are only in it to face other twinks. However, due to the easy “buy blues off the AH and give the illusion of skill” allure that it had which attracted all the inept players to embrace it which is where Negative twinks come into the picture.

I honestly don’t care because I’ve played since the game came out. I know how Negative twinks act in BGs, which makes them super easy to mess with. They never think strategically. Heck, my favorite thing that I used to do was enter the 20s and 30s brackets as a Shaman. Run around the entire perimeter of the BG in Ghost Wolf form while the Negative twinks chased me the entire time. They’d get mad and spam emotes like /spit. It was a great distraction tactic for my team as there were usually at least 2 Negative twinks each game, so in a regular WSG match, that was 20% of their team I would lock down. Due to the fact that I was the lowest level in their bracket, they were bound and determined to get that easy HK so they could feel good about themselves but alas, to no prevail, they just ended up getting trolled.

And the anger from a griefer getting trolled is infernal.

2 Likes