The restrictions on returning players has kinda ruined the experience for me

Originally posted this on general forums but was told it would be better suited here:

I get that bots or whatever are a problem but is there really no way to determine that my account that I’ve had since launch is not harmful?

I rolled a mage and it’s super disappointing to have to explain to any group that invites me that I can’t trade water to them thus making the entire experience bad for me and the people I group with. If I had known that this was a thing, I would not have bought a subscription. And as far as I can tell there is no warning indicating this?

Is it possible for a GM to lift the restrictions maybe? Ugh.

Sadly people’s inactive accounts do get stolen by hackers and get used for botting and RMT purposes.

So unfortunately, unless the policy changes, you are probably going to need to wait the 30 day period.

10 Likes

No.

If they do it for one, they do it for everyone.

Technically there is - the game can change at any time. This is covered in the ToU.

8 Likes

No, this isn’t something a GM has any influence over.

General really is the best place for this feedback as Devs don’t come here, SOD specifically presuming that’s applicable.

Unless the Devs change course, this is the current structure. This forum just isn’t one of the ones that gets visited for feedback.

12 Likes

In other words, use the methods of feedback described in this support article, because you need to address your opinion to the developers (as they are the only ones who could act on your suggestion) and posting your thoughts here guarantees the developers won’t see them.

8 Likes

Legalese to add to Nephe’s point:

In the US Eula which is less protective of your rights unlike the EU one in Section 9B it says:

B.Alterations to the Platform and Availability. Blizzard may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Platform, Games, or Accounts at any time, […] will be available at all times, at any given time, or in all countries and/or geographic locations, or that Blizzard will continue to offer the Platform, Game, or Account, or all features or components thereof, for any particular length of time. […]

Shortened for your convenience it says they have the right to modify it with patches at any moment. They can announce it tho.

But they did help you, by saying that workarounds will also get exploited by the very people it is meant to combat and that this forum is not meant for feedback as confirmed by the Blizzardian.

They also showed you where you can put your feedback towards which will get heard by the right people. It is up to them to implement them or not.

The account restriction was also given after much requested feedback to combat botters so it’s always a loss-loss situation.

7 Likes