The reason why people feel BFA so boring and miss The Classic

Uh, I played Classic from Dec. 14, 2004 and I don’t miss it in the slightest.

In fact I got so bored of it I quit for a few months until right before BC came out.

2 Likes

I have to agree with you. When I get gear now (20+ pieces a night), it’s underwhelming and the vast majority of the time it’s a let down. Now, in vanilla when you would get a piece gear (1-2 a night if you were lucky) it felt REWARDING! That’s the big miss that Ion just doesn’t understand. It’s not about QUANTITY, it’s about QUALITY…

9 Likes

It really was fun though. Super fun with lots of friends made, staying up until the wee hours of the morning to play together

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that classics graphics will be every bit as good as BFA.

3 Likes

Your forum posts here are supposed to be in English.

I’ve only been here since 1.8, was as excited as everybody about bc coming out, went to bc and changed all of my gear for greens and I had epic gear, on the 1st day. knew that day wow was going to crash under it’s own weight. To this day I’m only as far as legion, refuse to go any further as the games lost it’s point. Hey blizz thanks for all the achievements you’ve posted for me. In Vanilla I didn’t need you to tell me, I felt it on my own.

6 Likes

Its just their way of pushing and alternate agenda in order to feed their carnal desires

2 Likes

Let me stop you there.

I played classic since day 1 in retail 11/23/2004.

I loved it back then, don’t get me wrong. It was awesome.

But we’re not all clamoring for the game to go back to classic.

I’ll play the classic servers of course for the sake of nostalgia. But only as an alt, while I keep playing live on my main.

BfA has a lot of problems. Modern wow has some real problems and has for a bit. They especially started going downhill with Warlords, the war on flight, removal of tier, removal of Master loot, removal of the older better talent trees, over zealous pruning of classic and class fantasy promoting abilities, and treating players like a bunch of whiny brats to be simultaneously molly coddled and micromanaged, rather than just letting us sort things out for ourselves like the largely adults that we are.

But Classic had a lot of problems they solved along the way too. Going back to that is going to be difficult when you see how much better some things they learned to do along the way are gone.

I can’t look at it with nothing but rose tinted goggles and forget some of the things they did do better later on.

1 Like

I agree with the “free” gear issues, but how is Uldir being out for 4.5 months way too long?

How long do You think a raid tier should last?

Edit, sorry didnt look at the date.

I don’t miss “The Classic.”

3 Likes

Definitely not just nostalgia. Sure it plays a role, but it’s because of how good the game was. WoW today is a totally different game and I’m not just saying that. I’ve been around since Vanilla. Vanilla forced you to make companions, to explore, and to commit (boi that Hearthstone has an hour long cool down so you better make your time in that zone worth it). It had significantly more RP elements to it too. The game was slow paced but gave you an actual adventure. Current WoW is built for speed running essentially. I can pull 30 mobs today and down them no problem for example. There’s no risk in todays WoW and you get gear for literally everything so not even that is exciting anymore. I could go on for hours about the differences and why Vanilla had better design in a lot of areas.

10 Likes

All? Nope. I played Vanilla WoW and I’m not that excited about Classic.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree that something is off, but really, what did we EVER achieve? I mean . . .our work has always been trivialized by the next expac. You get the best armor you can and --WHAM – it is replaced with greens in the new expac.

And what impact have we ever made? Is Azeroth better? Fourteen years of me trying to make Azeroth better and it is now about as broken as it can be without actually falling apart, lol.

II just wonder where it went wrong exactly. Because the game has always been grindy and new content has always trivialized previous content, but at some point it went too far and lots of players started leaving. And I don’t think that’s because of LFR or no flying or any of our pet bugaboos. The BASIC STRUCTURE of game play gradually stopped feeling rewarding for a lot of people.

Maybe it is just cumulative. Maybe having all your work made trivial time after time just makes players get bored.

6 Likes

just to be on record, I don’t miss it…

watched a group on twitch kill VC, but 4 of them died and it took 20 minutes for them to release, run, rez and fight respawns to get back so they could loot quest items.

1 Like

We will find out by December. I’ve put my order in for winter popcorn for the forums. My guess it will be about all the geared tanks burning out and stop playing.

1 Like

I may be in the minority (or perhaps a quiet majority, hard to tell) but I actually LIKE BFA. I’m having fun. I intend to keep playing it.

I also intend to play Classic. I don’t see it as an either / or situation. I think both are awesome. I intend to spend most of my time in BFA doing new content and I’ll further my Classic toon between content patches in live.

Both games can serve different purposes without one being “bad”

4 Likes

I personally think Vanilla is going to be amazing, and it’s coming at the perfect time where BFA has pushed me into such extreme points of boredom that I just log onto the game, and think about all the things I could do, that I don’t want to do because it’s sh!t and I log off again - I feel this is a commonly shared feeling right now within the player base, and whether you did play classic originally like myself, or not, I think everyone will at least try it and I’d put my money on it that 9/10 players will enjoy it more than BFA.
Blizzard are only revamping classic because they know their expansions are failing… If they release Burning crusade expac eventually, I will play BC till i grow old and die.
~ But as I’m saying this, let it be known that Classic does not have many, if any of the leisure’s wow currently has. It was a harder road back then, we wont even have cross server, no group finder, no auto teleport to dungeons etc, and we don’t even know if Addons will be allowed. So there are many luxuries we will go back to not having, and for those who never experienced it … hehehe. But I’m gonna j!zz myself when i see an old school talent tree again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That 507 crit though :joy:

Honestly professions just no good. the last 3 iterations of it is nothing but extremely lacking. If they wanted to bring back professions to a good point, the Mist of Pandaria style profession is a good place to start where they all had usefulness out of production and gathering. like self item enhancements or stat increase.

As for class they finally admitted they took a lot of class identity out which made them all feel samey and indistinct from eachother in roles. Some people prefer if they had unique perks to the class that stands out from the rest like Paladins having divine intervention to save raid downtime, Warriors having sunder armor to allow melee to deal more damage, and warlocks debuffing the bosses with a curse that allows more damage taken by spells from other members. Of course there’s also the useful group wide utility like aspect of the pack, as annoying as it was for hunters that forget to turn it off. It made breezing through areas during non-combat areas that forbid mounts much faster to traverse.

Classic WoW fans feel the nostalgia of vanilla. Yes, the experience in vanilla was an once in a lifetime experience for mmorpgs as we know them today.

Many will play classic but in 3-6 months the nostalgia should fade. I think the ‘fans’ actually playing classic WoW when it goes live will appreciate retail WoW even more. Retail WoW isn’t perfect but it is much better than vanilla in terms of gameplay.

3 Likes