The real reason why premades happen

I don’t understand the complaints about five man premades in random BGs. What do you suggest for people that do want to play with their friends?

Here is my typical pattern. In the beginning of a new expansion, I’m always doing five man premades because all of my friends are playing. When they start to lose interest it drops down to three man premades and then late in the expansion I’m duo or solo queueing almost exclusively.

Every expansion that is the pattern. So, I do both depending on how many of my friends are still playing the game. Being in a premade on voice is obviously much easier and can be a lot of fun. You do get matched up against other premades quite often. Being solo can be extremely frustrating when your team is (shall we say) subpar.

The only legitimate complaint about premades are the epic BG premades that are gaming the system.

edit: Got mages on my mind for some reason. I don’t do five mage premades.

I think a lot of times people just want to play with their buddies. I guarantee you’ve played against several premades in randoms and never even realized it.
The full group of duelists camping gy and not doing objectives is another a story, and scummy af.

1 Like

GY camping can happen when a nonpremade group is dominating the BG due to gear disparity as well.

Not every premade GY camps. That is a failing of gear disparity and people with mental issues that enjoy griefing other players.

ilvl disparities are being fixed in DF

i’ve asked in the 60 com where 50’s have their mains……… crickets.

I’m sorry? What?

Well, imagine that. PvP’ers having better gear than late-season converts!

A Rui% session is the only time I have actually been punted from a BG. I made the mistake of questioning a command and I ended up back in Oribos, blinking at the sky. SOD runs never have that type of vibe. The biggest job for our leaders is managing the hecklers who refuse to contribute. There is never a culling of non members, and there is very little thanks for the free honor/ conquest.

In EBG’s I prefer to play with a team on which everyone is running the same direction, for the same reason. The option is there for anyone who prefers a small modicum of sanity. So anyone complaining about premades is basically saying they would rather do it their own way than do all they can to be successful.

1 Like

I’m confused on why you think this way. You are in Alec’s group. Literally, the only requirements that is needed from you is to press “Join Battle” when they say go and to follow directions. Most premades are this way. Follow instructions, no voice needed.

I solo almost all of my bgs. I have 0 luck and lose most of them. I may be mediocre at best, but I still pull my own weight. I joined SoD about 2 months ago and have done about 3 bgs with them since. I still solo most of the time but once in a while, I just need a win, for my own sanity lol

1 Like

Cause they are not always running and when i solo que into another premade multiple times there is imense salt build up. its a minus 15 minutes every time or more

1 Like

Sounds like a personal problem

I usually solo queue because premades aren’t often running when I’m online. But truthfully solo queues are a total gamble. Even if you do your role to perfection it takes a raid to win. I have total respect for the players willing to take on that leadership role and steer the cats. But I’m just too jaded about solo queues to do it. I take my chances in silence and be happy with any wins.

1 Like

“personal problem” being that when he solo que’s he runs into pre-made groups alot ?

Sounds more like a matchmaking problem than a personal one.

I’m with Inemia on this one. Given the choice I would prefer to run with at least a group or two of predictable players. Even if you end up losing the match you had at least a fighting chance. Much more enjoyable than the standard chaotic trollfest or consistently seizing defeat from victory, if victory was even a possibility.

1 Like

But if there were no premades both teams would have a fair chance to win without the possibility being ripped away from them before the gates even open

5 Likes

Per usual, you can choose to play whichever way you like. My guild died more than 10 years ago, and rather than have to manage attitudes when recruiting, I joined a community.

If you are seeking to achieve some level or gear or whatever, it allows for you to at least FEEL like you can win occasionally. If you choose not to use the opportunity it is on you.

1 Like

Join a premade or be run over by them isnt a choice you should have to make in a RANDOM

2 Likes

Some of us have been around since long before LFG existed. The choices then were beg around to get an invite, or be in a guild who fielded enough players to fill a BG or an instance. The “Premade” pre-dates the Pickup Group era, or at least to the degree we use it now.

Throwing the term “random” about isn’t really relative either. Random refers to the random selection of BG. Blizzard has basically pared down the full premade entry, and made it so that smaller groups could “possibly” get in together. I miss the Community Q far more than I make it because the draw is arbitrary, with mercs thrown in for spice.

An occasional win may alleviate some of the cynicism.

Lol and people would still be whining about their faction not being able to win bgs.

It’s the same issue with gearing. People blaming outside factors for why they’re losing instead of what’s between their ears.

That’s true. The most FAIR thing in my opinion is either to not allow groups to enter BGs at all, or to put a random delay on all queue actions to reduce the likelihood of groups syncing in. The whole multi-group sync is detrimental to fair play. But as long as it exists players will join it out of survival.

you never had a fair chance just by the nature of the system putting you up against certain players. people blame premades but plenty of us maintain our win rates whether we premade or soloqueue, so in that sense, what harm is premading? you were goin to lose anyway.