The real reason *they* deserve ZERO praise for changes

Yes but saying the real reason while they are being sued for that specific reason may not be the best choice cooperate wise.

It’s a video game. You don’t get grown adults to grovel at your feet because you didn’t like it.

2 Likes

They don’t have to grovel, somebody just needs to own up and admit they got it wrong then we can forget about it and move on.

Taking this “Oh we knew it the whole time” road just tells us that they haven’t learned a damn thing.

3 Likes
  1. Covenants being locked does make sense. The whiners are winning here but joining a side to be blessed with their powers only to change your mind three times a day makes no sense. Also these abilities can completely change your play style so now you’re expected to know three different rotations?

2. They did admit they were wrong about conduit energy as it created no benefit and punished people who swapped often.

1 Like

They went from 12M subs down to less than half because the game is a product of it’s time. It’s old and not the latest/greatest thing. Over time, the company allocates less and less resources, which becomes evident in the product.

In addition, over the years, the generation of gamer has mutated. We’re less and less the generation of gamers who earn what they get. We’re more “gimme free!”. We’re less and less the generation of depth. We’re more “just tell me exactly what to do, where to do it and how to do it”.

This does not mean they do not care. There are surely people who are working on the game who would love to make everyone happy but we all know it’s not possible.

1 Like

Where are you seeing that?

Sounds like a whole lot of “we’re fixing things based on feedback” to me.

2 Likes

They at least made the apology for conduit energy, but yeah they needed to apologize the same way for the covenant restrictions.

1 Like

Taking over a year to 10 months minimum doesn’t seem discouraging to you in any way shape or form, from a heeding the players plight perspective?

Seems like a very long time to notice your game has problems with it.

4 Likes

I mean I never had a problem with the design, so not really.

1 Like

One out of the millions that have quitted in droves and are likely never coming back.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Yep, I’m the only one. Just me.

I mean doomsayers like you were claiming the game had 500k players left back in BfA, so I’m shocked they came up with another couple million just for them to immediately quit.

Same. People made a way bigger deal over covenants/switching covenants that was ever warranted, imho. Granted I am pleased this change is coming, but even if it wasn’t my game would still largely be the same.

1 Like

Well its going to take a lot more than adding a few short-cuts to entice players back over burnt bridges.

1 Like

I’m sure there’s plenty of players that don’t treat this like some kind of spurned relationship and will just play a game when it seems like it might be fun, and find something else to do when it’s not.

While this seems like common sense, some people are just too obsessed to do anything different. And I do not say that word in a derogatory or adversarial way, that’s just how it is.

I thought this thread would be an interesting read and atypical of the forums, but it turns out it’s just full of the typical forum stalkers who cherrypick irrelevant quotes to spread misinformation. Meh.

Were you here when we had cogshanks? If not, let me tell you a story about forum stalking that will make you cringe.

Bring it.

Oh wow, I didn’t think you’d oblige.

Imagine an addon that allowed you to see all of a person’s alts. Then imagine the person using that addon making characters on servers they do not normally play on and every time one of these alts log in, they harass them. This person having no cluethat this random guy is who keeps sending them tells and in-game mail is just some stalker from the forums who is overly upset from losing an argument.

Then… the stalker who did that brags about it, looking for praise while all non-stalkers are like “uh… yeah…”

Maybe you should take your own advise. Your way of interaction on these forums seem unhealthy. Perhaps playing different games now and then would help you.

2 Likes