The Real Problem With The Maw, And The Solution

You don’t have to but there are plenty of people who opt in because they actually like to PvP too. You cannot, and should not aim to speak as if you have some kind of means of speaking for other people. It’s fine if you don’t like warmode. Other people have said they don’t either.

But PVP servers have always had a fulfilling population and people opting into warmode should only be opting into it because they like to PvP. I would rather have a harder time finding combat in the open world and know who I’m engaging with is there because they want to be there as opposed to be jumped by groups of nothing but leeches looking for nothing other than a bonus.

I’m fine with that.

I’m wondering if it has something to do with where individual players are in their game progression. Perhaps being at different stages of the game puts you into a different phase?

You think blizzard’s servers from 1996 can actually handle that? They already struggle just keeping 30 people in a zone. Now they have to try and prioritize who gets put into it for zone balance? They’d catch on fire.

That wouldn’t make sense because we’re in week 2. There’s nothing to really do. People just yesterday unlocked the second area in the Maw (which was covered by WoWhead because of daily rep caps), and this has been happening throughout the week with everyone stuck in one spot.

Honestly this is fine by me :woman_shrugging:, I’d rather have to struggle to find some sort of WPVP interaction and know these people actually enjoy WPVP like I do than have to sit around and deal with Blizz’s poorly implemented bonus system that was suppose to benefit both sides and cycle depending on the numbers and that never happened because of faction imbalance.

Honestly, personally speaking they shouldn’t have destroyed PvP servers to begin with and made WM but they did and that’s fine it’s basically the same thing, but realistically taking away WM bonuses doesn’t inconvenience by any means, and just takes away what people seem to only have WM on for anyway.

You were suppose to toggle on WM because you enjoy WPVP for any multiple different of reasons. Not because of incentives.

OK, I did find this:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/grouping-in-the-shadowlands/736070

So they have tried to fix this - perhaps their fix isn’t working?

They are doing an extended maintenance on Monday, perhaps a fix will go in for it.

1 Like

Nope, same stages in the game just forced into a different shard. It would typically indicate by the player’s icon or something if they are in a different phase from you which thus indicates its due to stages of progression. However, sadly it is not the case it would seem.

EDIT: I will say, what you did just post is…interesting :thinking:.

Edit: See this part:

An exception that remains is the max-level version of the Maw. Players in the max-level Maw may not immediately be able to see one another when joining a party. However, leaving the max-level Maw (to Oribos) and returning should bring members of a party together.

Lol, fair point, but that’s still not on us.

They could always cap raid sizes.

Is there any reason to actually make a 40 man group for anything anymore? Epic rated bgs?

So with this, you’d rather struggle to find wPvP, ie basically be pve anyway, than have wPvP bonuses. Interesting.

We tried heading to Oribos and jumping back in together. Perhaps this isn’t working as intended and is a major culprit. If that’s the case, this should be addressed.

…Interesting. And annoying. But okay. At least it’s a clue.

2 Likes

Again, you were meant to toggle on WPVP because you enjoy WPVP and not because of incentives, not sure how that’s interesting? That was the same premise of PvP servers was it not? lol

Yes, absolutely. I would rather have a hard time finding people in the world to fight, but know they’re there for the right reason, than have a bunch of target dummies in there for no reason other than bonuses. It is completely counter intuitive to the idea of warmode.

Warmode was brought in because it gave people on PvP realms an option to opt out of it but remain on the same server with their friends. It goes both ways. The people who are in warmode should only be in warmode because they want to be. Not because of a dumb bonus.

I agree. I think a lot of people should bring up this point on the Bug and/or Technical forum as something that needs addressing. Even point out this blue post and say that it does not seem to be fixing the issue as intended.

1 Like

I like how these hordies trying to discuss with their legs crossed and cups of tea in hand, like intricacies of Maw wpvp, whereas back in BFA, when there were legion invasion quests on Broken Isles, herds of horde were murdereing leveling lowleves with zero reaction from blizzard. No hotfixes for you guys, turn off wm, thoughen it up.

Alliance having increased incentive over Horde isn’t an advantage

Either you’re playing stupid or you’re gaslighting.

Did you actually read what I said, or just think you know what I said. Your response doesn’t make any sense.

Why do you even care what their reasons are for pvping? Why does it even matter to you?

I like how you’re not just having a civil conversation and trying to throw jabs at us for having a simple conversation with others on the issue at hand that we’re trying to bring to light lol? Not sure why you feel the need to add this into the thread considering you’ve already come to an agreement WM bonuses shouldn’t be a thing, and you clearly didn’t care for the thread from the very beginning when you made your first comment.

We’re literally just trying to have a civil conversation amongst other people about the problem at hand. Also, no one said you should like herds of horde murdering you, but if you sign up for WM you should 100% expect lowbie ganking, that has been a trend since PvP servers were a thing, and likely always will be a thing. But if there’s a genuine issue such as this one then it’s totally fine to bring it up and should be totally fine to bring it up?

Turning off WM doesn’t solve the issue when people are genuinely trying to engage in the WPVP but can’t.

this isn’t reddit you mouthbreather down votes don’t happen here.

This is the wrong question. It is not about people PvP’ing. It is about occupying space in warmode shards for the wrong reason.

If you enter warmode and you have no desire to PvP and are there for no reason other than a 30% free bonus to all things gotten, you are part of the problem. If you are in warmode because you actually like PvP, and have opted into PvP because you enjoy PvP, then you’re not.