The REAL problem with modern WoW?

making everything exactly the same lvl to lvl creates an environment where you never get any feeling of progression at all. What “meaning” do you get from flat world where there is never any growth for your character.

ok…in THIS game maybe, but lets not pretend that fast paced games, even RPGs’, are a new thing.
MY first RPG game was the very first Might and Magic on 5.25" floppy disks for the commodore 124. Sometime in the late 80s?
It was nowhere near as sloggish as classic is.
The games are what they are.
We enjoy them or we dont.
I dont enjoy classic anymore than others enjoy retail.
its neither here nor there and its not a negative aspect of either player type.
Some guys I used to work with worked slower and more methodically. I was a machine who cranked out 12 hours of work in 8-9hours.
It was why I could get up in my bosses face and tell him off a couple times and not be fired on the spot. He needed that work done and he knew who’d get it done faster.

Slow and steady got it done. And the boss was ok with that.
But my personality wants it done yesterday, and that was even better for him.
There isnt anything wrong with either way. Thats why games are different. So they appeal to more players.

So what was the author’s solution to keep a world coherent several expansions worth of content later?

If convenience is bad, what is the solution for low pop servers that would die without features like LFG/LFR?

Everyone loves to point out problems, but they never have a useful fix that is based on a game with several expansions and low pop servers.

The actual problem with BFA is the devs ignored several expansions worth of feedback yet double downed on pruning and wow chores.

1 Like

Server merges. LFR/LFD functionality constrained to said merged servers. Player tags(low key friend request…please
Match us again type functionality)

Improve community functionality. Fix guild finder tool (in works on latter)

Truest statement on the forums right here

So just smash servers together ignoring naming and economy conflicts?

Do we also hope the merges happen to have enough low level players so people that aren’t at the cap can get into dungeons?

What about people that have made numerous friends outside of their server through M+ and other pugs? Are they SOL?

1 Like

In table top gaming which is in a bit of a renaissance right now the opposite is true. Games are slowing down, becoming richer.
Blizz has proven one thing repeatedly in the last decade and that’s that they misread the pulse of their community. Pretty easy to see them missing the pulse of the gaming community externally as well.

Fortnite is amazing(for those in that niche) …doesn’t mean you try to mimic its success or extend its learnings into other game worlds as an example

If your name is more important to you than your gaming experience we’re miles apart in expectation.

I recognize there might be some dudex after a merge. My hope is the game base is adult enough to deal . Blizzards has already stated they don’t think we are with their inaction

The difference here being that you interact with people on a more personal level than you do in any video game. More often than not you’re looking people in the face and not sharing purely voice and text based relationships. That interaction is the kind that people are craving since social media and the internet has alienated people from real connections more than any other previous generation has ever done.

I’m not going full boomer mode and saying that internet friends aren’t real friends. Because there are studies that have shown that internet relationships can be even stronger than real life ones. But I am saying that most people do not form those relationships over WoW. For every story of people meeting their SO through WoW or friends that are still with them to this day, I imagine there’s several dozens more instances where this is not the case.

When it occurred in Legion we got an apology from the company’s president that in no case should an mmo lose it’s sense of progression. Removing gear made you stronger. BFA’s version of scaling is your level. Simply by turning xp off you can do content at 110 that you cant as a fresh 120.

If content wasn’t locked behind your level then most folks would turn xp off and have a blast doing the content.

Scaling is so the developers don’t have to work as hard, at the expense of it feeling like a good game that is fun to play. We need to go back to developing content based on your characters level and not ilev scaling which has destroyed any sense of progression.

Layering is just more of the same, reducing a good game experience in order to save money and use less hardware. I feel they squandered our sub fees and didn’t return enough of it back into the keeping the game healthy so now we have the watered down version that can barely be called an mmo.

1 Like

I get this feeling that you believe that you are the good guy. The hero that WoW needs to represent all of us no names, somehow to save the game from itself.

Well, I disagree with all of your ideas. You do not speak for me or represent any of my wants for the future of the game. You are not the good guy you think you are when you fight ‘the good fight’ to reduce or remove QoL changes that have been made over the years.

This is all I can gather from your posts to improve the game.

3 Likes

The problem isn’t really complicated to understand once you see it.

By pushing more of the game behind instances the community became more exclusive and thus more toxic. The emphasis on content creation was shoved entirely onto developers thus a content drought. The playstyle became groom, groom, groom the BIS team comp, strategy and execution.

The end result is a very boring end game.

very very true

My game wants are incremental to yours. They don’t take away. You’re basically the selfish one.

But what qol have I suggested on taking away?

1 Like

I like my single-player WoW. I do without Mythic dungeons and “real” raiding but I really enjoy many other aspects of the game and I don’t miss the few things that require being part of an organized group.

“My” single-player WoW? You’re part of the problem, you think the game was built for you and are probably a squeaky wheel that makes noise because “your” game has to be “your” way and feels the need to push back when someone else makes suggestions about “your” game.

1 Like

If I could solo to max level in Classic…doesn’t it completely destroy the theory that “soloing to 120 in retail” is a problem?

I would also push forward the comment that most people don’t care about the lore/immersion of being the “only person with Ashbringer”…or not.

Sounds to me that the person who made the video is pandering to an extremely niche playerbase in his “what is wrong with WoW” points.

3 Likes

Calm down child. I never said any of those things.

I prefer the version of the game were I don’t have to interact with people to play.

Thank you for providing “Exhibit A” of why I might want to avoid other people.

1 Like

Apples/oranges.
You can solo to max in classic but it’s highly inefficient to do so. In retail it’s not most effective to but hardly impactful if you do