The problem with Rygelon heroic

You can’t really even pug this boss, most of the bosses in heroic raids are pretty easy however Rygelon heroic is not because it is made so that 1 person can wipe the raid by not getting a pool when they have dark eclipse.

This kind of stuff should be saved for mythic not heroic. It should just make the person who messed up die not the whole group. People wiping the raid just makes the group fall a part after 1 or 2 pulls. Once one person leaves a bunch will follow.

13 Likes

Blizzard: “Let’s make RWF guilds work harder by overturning the crap out of SOTFO!”

Also Blizzard: “Why stop with RWF guilds? Overtune ALL difficulties!”

5 Likes

Boot the person who keeps failing the mechanic. One or two chances is enough after being told what they did wrong…if they refuse to listen, bye bye.

6 Likes

But… some guy in a thread of mine about a week ago was saying this raid was too easy, that pugs have been clearing Heroic for 8+ weeks now.

lawl

Just for the record, I’m in a really large guild and TONS of people pug. I haven’t seen a single pug clear Heroic Jailer yet. NOT ONE. Let alone 8 weeks ago. lol

2 Likes

Ghuun would wipe if 1 person messed up carrying the light orb things most of the time too. I was a DH then and plugged my way to AOTC. Didn’t seem like a problem to me.

If it was supposed to be easy it would be lfr or normal… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Other than that one shot potential when someone takes a hole they shouldn’t leaving another person to wipe the raid*. It’s not that tough a fight.

On Heroic they could have nearly the same difficulty without the random wipe if they only allowed a person with the bomb to use the hole.

*My experience is that holes get taken, not lost.

You clearly don’t know where to look then. It’s been happening for a while now so yeah 8 weeks ago seems about right. I suggest you look at the pug community groups a bit closer

Is it really overturned though or maybe just maybe people are just bad at the game and think they are good.

2 Likes

From my PoV it’s not difficult just frustrating that 19/20 players can run flawless and one person using a movement ability to get to a hole causes a wipe because its possible to use multiple holes if you travel through them.

I don’t think Heroic is the difficulty level where it’s appropriate for one person making a simple mistake (use a hole they shouldn’t) should cause a whole raid one shot.

Even when tanks miss a taunt, and cause one or the other to die to a one-shot mechanic, we’ve got Brez as a response for the raid.

There’s just nothing that anyone can do when a simple mistake of using a hole incorrectly occurs.

4 Likes

Usually kick them after 2 mistakes if they don’t learn.

If the RL doesn’t, then I leave myself.

lmao.

1 Like

Too unforgiving. Even raid groups struggle with it sometimes on a repeat kill.

I absolutely hate any mechanic in Heroic that wipes the entire raid of 1 player messes up. Mechanics should only kill the player who messes up, not everyone playing correctly

Don’t Lords of Dread, Anduin, and Jailer suffer the same problem? Where 1 person can easily wipe the whole raid? (Well, Anduin is more like a third of the raid, but close enough.)

1 Like

It “may be happening.” But this person was asserting that it was COMMON.

Are you, too?

Because that’s absurd. No GUILD on my server cluster has beaten Heroic Jailer! They have all done UP to the Jailer, and skip to Mythic because, we all know it’s easier and it’s largely better rewards. But the point still stands: NO GUILD has done it, let alone pugs that, 90% of which wipe on Andy.

So please stop trying to convince me it’s “common” with pugs. I’m sure A FEW get it done. But it ain’t “common.” And CERTAINLY NOT EIGHT WEEKS AGO. Give me a break.

1 Like

Technically there are 6 holes for each 4 debuffs in waves so 2 debuffs holes become available 2 debuffs.

Even if people occasionally take one extra there are spares.

Its unique in that adds arent the priority until they reach a certain point, but aside from that (which is only mildly changed from normal) the mechanics for Rygelon are pretty straightforward.

Like has been said before alot of the last 4 bosses are a bit more highly tuned than previous seasons.

Other examples of 1 person wiping the raid would be soccer boss (on heroic most of the raid needed to do the mechanic)

Problem is some people are getting better at the game faster than others so difficulty has to climb each season to remain a challenge.

DOES IT??

This is the fundamental flaw with this “new WoW.” It’s catering to a class of player that doesn’t exist. This game has historically been at its absolute BEST … when it was relatively easy. No one is ASKING to be an elitist jerk.

The breakdown of Normal, Heroic, Mythic is good… it’s just that the current Heroic tier (or at least the last 3) are just tuned a little high.

Keep this game FUN. Stop making it like a damn JOB. You’re a no-lifer, trying to figure out your place in the world so you play WoW 12+ hours a day? I ain’t hatin on you. That’s fine. Grind out on WoW and impress yourself on Mythic while you figure out the real world.

But this constant push to make this “fun game” into some chest-thumping, endless frat-high-five-a-thon needs to end. It’s inherently stupid. I just want a FUN GAME.

4 Likes

the random one-shot BOOM mechanics should not exist in the game at all.

2 Likes

The game was at its best when Kael and Vashj were hard fights and you didn’t have an easy-mode option.

1 Like

Were they hard, though? I mean, I was there-- a “hardcore” raider at that time and MY MEMORY of Vashj was that it was INSANELY difficult!!!

How was it in Classic BC? I have to assume 100 guilds cleared it the first week it was up? I know all the other Classic fights people said were going to be solid brick walls ended up like tissue paper.

But I don’t follow that stuff so… someone else will have to tell me.

Nevermind the fact I disagree with what seems like your premise: that the game is better with just a single difficulty level. I think that’s, rather obviously, a worse design.

The problem is the puddles don’t last long enough for the average raider. You have to really be on top of things.

1 Like

If people didnt want harder content it wouldnt exist. There is an odd assumption that most content is for everyone each expansion.

Mythic raiding isnt really for me sure I will dip in occasionally for fun etc but its not really my endgame.

Mythic+ above 15 isnt really my target although I will apply for 16s and 17s as the patch goes on.

I understand at what point the content becomes something I am not interested in and so I dont do that content.

I dont reall spend much time in the game for progression content I do 4 hrs of raid and 1hr of m+ a week atm. All the rest of my gaming time is split between other games and classic atm.

I am not saying the bosses are easy because they arent but the rising of difficulty over time is expected we have so much more information about our classes, mechanics etc than people did 16 years ago.

1 Like