The problem with Microsoft buying WoW

and if microsoft discontinues with wow?
Are u think that is a possibility?

Is Old School Runescape low of players?

1 Like

WoW is still Blizzard’s biggest title. It ain’t gonna go away.

29 Likes

Why would they discontinue it? It’s Blizz’s highest earning game. And they need the IPs to produce content so that investors feel good about the investment and they get a return.

14 Likes

Microsoft didn’t buy WoW. They bought Activision-Blizzard.

And Microsoft has a heavy investment in live-service games. It’s not going to be discontinued.

10 Likes

Are you think maybe to should how to read one day?

5 Likes

the problem with Microsoft buying Acti Blizzard is that it just furthers the triple A monopoly and is overall a net loss sadly.

6 Likes

Doubt it. Still a huge cash cow.

Good news is that bobby kotick is fired. I mean, he wont be working at blizzard anymore, and he will get a golden parachute. But he will essentially be fired from blizzard, and i doubt other companies would want him.

3 Likes

If a game is popular and brings in good revenue it would be a bad business decision to discontinue it.

1 Like

WoW on Xbox/Game Pass. Microsoft, of all companies, has actually been really good to the players, I foresee good things happening. Also maybe WoW won’t have such a constricted budget/ horrible management of IP.

7 Likes

Let’s look at the problems that have happened when activision merged with blizzard

It will be the complete opposite of that

Let’s look at how one of the most popular PC game of all time, Minecraft, was purchased by MS and is able to be modded and apply that to blizzard games. Especially D2R. That would be excellent

5 Likes

iam not seeing any problem, WoW needs to be shutdown

2 Likes

Does MS currently run any MMO’s? If not, then this may not be something they want to bother with (and adapt to Xbox)…

I doubt they’re going to develop the game.

1 Like

They didn’t just spend $70 billion dollars to just close shop on a game that makes millions a month in sub fees alone.

10 Likes

ESO, indirectly.

1 Like

WoW is not going anywhere for the moment. Hopefully Microsoft pushes the Devs to put more time and thought into the game to satisfy the players and not just print out a cash grab every year with an unfinished expansion. Microsoft owning WoW could work out to help the game. Then again, nothing could change and we just have the same thing we have had with Activision just new company at the head. But I doubt it will get “worse.” But time will tell if WoW will hold, since SL dropped to most likely all time low numbers.

3 Likes

No he won’t be fired . He will be around until his contract is up next year just before the acquisition by Microsoft is finalized.

1 Like

At this point FF14 is a such superior game, if the trend continues with FF14 going from strength to strength and WoW seemingly able to discover worse iterations of itself, it’s just a matter of time before WoW dies.

4 Likes

He will be let go after that though, guaranteed.

1 Like