The Pro-TBC people want to destroy our world again a second time

Do not let Pro-TBC people take our home again. It wasn’t enough that they destroyed our home the first time. Do not let them have their way with Classic WoW becoming TBC again. It’s like watching them take someone precious to you and deform it. TBC is like the deforming person before it’s fully disabled as retail. Pro-TBC people. You already saw what WoW became, retail = TBC, it’s the same thing. You want to see the result of what TBC was, look at retail. You can always go back home (retail), don’t take our home away from us.

46 Likes

They could also just make separate servers for TBC and leave the Classic ones alone.

110 Likes

When Blizzard listened to the TBC people they created retail. Understand that.

12 Likes

Blizzard tried to put Flying back in the bottle in Warlords. It was a valiant, if futile, effort. The damage was done.

14 Likes

They will.

They won’t write over the Classic servers with TBC. That would be silly.

No, they didn’t. You’re just being silly yourself. The big change is when they made Cataclysm and broke the world.

THAT is the road that led us to where we are today.

48 Likes

so many fallacies!!

16 Likes

Most of the terribleness of retail really got started when Blizzard began doing whatever the hell they wanted with Cataclysm and specifically stopped listening to the playerbase,

28 Likes

You know, for a few million people, ‘coming home’ doesn’t mean Vanilla, but TBC or WotLK.

61 Likes

It’s their game, as such they are allowed to do what they wish with it. The playbase is not their bosses, they are consumers.

6 Likes

Personally, I’m hoping for a new mmo that follows the classic model. Fingers crossed for Blizzcon!

4 Likes

I didn’t say they weren’t allowed to change it in any way they wanted.

I just said it got a whole lot worse when they stopped listening to the playerbase.

2 Likes

You may be hoping for that. However, I want you to ask yourself something. Do you, honestly and truly, believe that Blizzard of 2019 can make an MMO from scratch in the classic style? With Activision leaning on them? With Retail WoW being the least-monetized of Activision-Blizzard’s IPs?

8 Likes

My current theory is that post-Cata Blizzard can still make good games.

However they can’t touch those games after it launches. Once they begin patching it or making expansion packs, it starts getting worse.

Which is what they should do.

I think there’s space for

Vanilla Classic
TBC Classic
WTLK Classic

As those are the three “versions” of the game that built on the systems and designs of “Classic” WoW - before the massive dumbing down, homogenization, talent rework, and gutting of professions.

16 Likes

Also, this is absurdly hyperbolic and nonsensical.

TBC is not retail, by any stretch of the imagination.

27 Likes

The problem with that theory is that it only works for a single-player type game. For anything with a community, new content is essential to prevent stagnation and death.

1 Like

This is actually something I’m hoping for, a new MMO that is true to the classic style maybe even more hardcore. Don’t know if Blizzard is up for it again though. Just get some old Blizzard staff members that made Classic and have them work on it with a different company.

2 Likes

Cata and CRZ ruined WoW. Not TBC.

12 Likes

TBC was the best version of the game. And no, I don’t care about any possible legacy versions, I want retail to mimic it.

10 Likes

Oh I’m not saying it’s a good idea, just that that’s how modern Blizzard seems to work.

Of their games in the last 10 years, I think Diablo 3 is probably the only game that got better post-launch rather than worse.

Which with that game, the only direction it could go was up after launch so that’s not saying much =P

1 Like