The Post-Fourth War World

Why would the alliance get hullsbrad and silverpine lol what

You sum up my hatred of BfA so succinctly.

7 Likes

Because if the Alliance is really winning Arathi, and the Worgen are finally able to reclaim Gilneas … then they are plugging two new Alliance capital class cities into Northern EK. There is no way in hell that with their current condition the Forsaken could hope to hold their current territories; unless the worst possible thing that could possibly happen to their racial fantasy … is accepted. Calia.

Also, many humans … including one Sky Admiral Rogers … is still super bitter about Southshore. And, Dalaran could actually land and rebuild itself if it wanted; with the reclamation of Dalaran crater.

The alliance doesnt want lorderan tho

Not according to the forums.

Yes it does. It always has. One of the longest last themes of Humanity is the vain belief that they could eventually resettle the kingdom of Lordaeron. There were friggen Human Settlers and a full blown Garrison rebuilding in Western Plaguelands during Cata; until Sylvie and the Forsaken pushed them the hell out. Hell, there are plenty of small groups of refugees and settlers the Forsaken slaughter and raise in Silverpine too.

Yes, Humanity still wants Lordaeron back. The Argents want Lordaeron back. The Scarlet’s wanted Lordaeron back. Garithos wanted Lordaeron back! Genn’s palpable rage at Sylvie sitting on the Throne of Lordaeron could not be more representative of Humanities feelings on Lordaeron.

thats the forums tho, if we are talking about them I think each side wants everything the other side has, in the story the alliance doesnt want lorderan, with human character saying its pointless and that the dream is dead

Nope the alliance doesnt want it, kek what people on the forums what has nothing to do with the story

You know … you do this from time to time where I give you tangible examples of why your wrong … and then you default to a strawman.

Genn’s outburst at the Battle for Lordaeron alone is symbolic of humanities feelings about Lordaeron’s current status. Calia Menethil reappearing is the heir to Lordaeron; and I am still not convinced that Taelia wont end up being her lost daughter, with how fast and loose Blizz is being with timetables and lore. Cata had actual humans attempting to move in an resettle the breadbasket of Lordaeron. The Argents have spent years attempting to purify and reclaim the lands of Lordaeron. The Scarlett’s and Garithos’ entire concepts beyond being manipulated by demons … was reclaiming Lordaeron! The “Alliance” may not want Lordaeron, but the “Humans of the Alliance” sure as hell do.

well if you read the books, or play alliance, the alliance doesnt actually want it, we only ever go for lorderan once the horde invades us

Its not that they don’t want it, its that the Forsaken and their “Alliance of Convenience” with the Horde are sufficient enough deterrents to prevent the Alliance from reclaiming those territories. Up until now the Alliance could not invade the Forsaken territories without instigating a World War, as the rest of the Horde came in to back up their Ally.

Do I think the Alliance could have won that fight? Sure. Do I think the costs of winning would have been something to make one take a second-thought on committing to such a war? Absolutely!

if they wanted it, why havent the alliance started a war for it, they havent, and even varian didnt care till he saw what sylvanas was doing

IIRC Crowley’s lands are north of the Greymane wall, so if Gilneas really is reclaimed then Silverpine would likely be next. And the survivors of Southshore drank the furry cool-aid, while Hillsbrad would be stuck between two Alliance-controlled lands, with the only exit being going up Alterac…

Then again, who cares about logistics when the Horde can reliably fill Arathi with troops despite no land or sea access?

2 Likes

They’ve spent the better part of a decade talking about retaking Lordaeron.

3 Likes

Right, which is why I say … give it to them. And if they’re getting Silverpine and Arathi, let the Alliance also have Hillsbrad. The Forsaken re position their capital to Stratholme, but still have a heavy presence in Lordaeron and Tirisfall; using the southern Border as the natural choke point it truly is to prevent further Alliance advance.

-Puts on Male Human Paladin face mask-

We’ll take it yet!

Why would having half of lorderan make it ok? even in this situation it doesnt make sense, the alliance doesnt want lorderan, but the players do, so lets give them half?

I liked that theme. The collective grand impossible dream to retake the city - but the city itself was never the real purpose; it represented the past success of humanity, the pinnacle of civilization, a place where humans lived in complete peace without ever having to be afraid of the Scourge or orcs or anything.

So them retaking it is like a dog finally catching that car he’s always barked at: So now what?

But that theme never sees the light of day. :frowning: The only information about northern Lordaeron is from table missions which may or may not be canon. Where’s my determined Lordaeron homesteader trying to grasp the past? Where’s my Scarlet-with-serial-numbers-filed-off trying futilely to clear the Blight so they can walk their city’s streets once more? Where’s my spooky Forsaken holdouts marching Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-style across the bottom of Lordamere Lake to make guerilla strikes?

3 Likes

Most of the humans would probably be happy to get lordaeron back doesn’t mean it will happen. Don’t think the rest of the alliance cares as much

I dunno about the Forsaken keeping Tirisfal while all of Teldrassil is gone. Plus the Argents (or whatever the All-Paladins group/Class Hall is called. Tyr’s Square?) taking over and turning it into some neutral Vatican-type state with people of all races cooperating feels fitting for both Tirisfal Glades and… Terenas’ rehab plan?