The Post-Fourth War World

What else do you do

Can’t see alliance getting tirisfal

Well … that would certainly shut the NE posters up about having it the worst lol! The Forsaken lose everything. Quite literally everything. All their major characters. All their lands. Their racial fantasy at risk to being shattered down to the most basic foundations; for a woman who equates to a mom who “went for smokes” 15 years ago, and only now is back to be a part of their lives.

OH, but … but Teldrassil got burned!

2 Likes

Calia should stay with the alliance does not make sense as a horde character

But you don’t understand Notamage! The ONLY thing of value with the Forsaken is that they were humans 15 years ago. Their entire unlives since then is worthless trash compared to their one true queen coming back. Who cares about whether she barely has an understanding of undeath, all that matters is Divine Right to Rule! Nothing is more important than “Human Potential”.

See … the best way to evolve the Forsaken Racial narrative is simply to replace one cult of personality … with another cult of personality.

1 Like

I’d consider it karma catching up after 15 years of atrocities without any retribution from the Alliance and little reproach from the Horde.

Yeah, this is the reason I’ve slowly grown numb to Teldrassil. So many of the Alliance playerbase seems to run off moral absolutusm and the notion of “LOL, the Horde players picked the wrong faction. If they wanted to play Heroes, then they should have chosen the faction with less moral ambiguity than the tellitubies. They deserve to have their Faction and Racial Identities destroyed!

2 Likes

It’s a little silly that the Night Elves get enough land to create a new empire while the Forsaken get scraps.

I personally would have given the Night Elves enough land for a new empire and enough land for the Forsaken so they could have their own empire.

I think the complete territory of Lordaeron plus the annexation of Alterac would be good enough for the Forsaken.

2 Likes

This is the second time the Horde has gone through self-flagellation over hosting/enabling evil, and you’d want to keep the Forsaken as the same deranged maniacs they’ve always been?

The Forsaken have always been unambiguously evil as a faction.

1 Like

No, but I also do thing there are more salvageable elements of their current Racial Fantasy than most do. I also have more realistic, reasonable goals for the Forsaken going forward; and I fully understand that if Blizz wants to send the Horde off the deep end again … not a damned thing in this world will stop them. All I want for them is a leader who unambiguously cares for them, while not destroying their Racial Fantasy down to its foundation; and for them to become at least more compatible with the other Horde races. The destroyed HoD could provide the latter.

Fact of the matter remains, the Alliance is lucky that Blizz seems too terrified to do anything more with untword with your faction beyond … not allowing you to destroy the other player faction. They handicap you to pull off certain narratives certainly, but what they’ve done to the Horde Faction this expansion is absolutely unspeakable on a writing level. They, again, wrote an apparent “Horde Expansion” which was written in such a way that it entirely came at the expense of the “Horde Characters”, “Horde Faction”, and above all … the “Horde Players”.

I mean … how else would describe a story that was written in such a way where there were absolutely zero avenues for a satisfying conclusion for the Horde? While … at the very least … one could hypothesize satisfying conclusions for the Alliance, even if they were unlikely to occur.

You need to look up unambiguous.

Just saying.

No one is getting anything, its silly to even talk about this like zones are gonna change hands, they arent, and even if they do a cata like zone reamp they are gonna keep the balance.

1 Like

The they might as well keep Silverpine and Hillsbrad, and we just rebuild Greymane’s and Thoradin’s walls to isolate them. Because I can’t fathom the surviving humans and Worgen of the north staying friendly neighbors with them.

And since the Alliance was able to assault Tirisfal by sea before they even had the Kul Tiran fleet, keeping Tirisfal to guard the Southern Borders doesn’t feel like it’d do much.

I don’t see anything ambiguous in developing and employing chemical weapons with the intent of wiping out every last living being on the world, or performing cruel scientific experiments on the living, or the other dozens of heinous crimes the Forsaken have been getting away with since… always.

I don’t even know why they made calia undead she would have been perfectly fine as a representative of human refuges from lordaeron now spending the rest of their live in stormwind having made it their new home.

1 Like

Because they were going for paradoxical but found oxymoronic instead.

Then they later added a dash of contradictory, when the other human princess of monstrous humans learned she can lead them just fine without being a monster herself.

3 Likes

I agree with all of your post, except this still. I’d rather the marsh just get swallowed by the sea like the Isle of Dread did.

The last thing the Horde needs is to have the place where Saurfang finally acknowledged the Path of Glory being paved over and lived on top of.

I do not care about Theramore. Baine’s letter gave Jaina an opportunity to evacuate her citizens by the time the Horde forces moved in. It was a warning, and his intent was clear … “we’re coming, get the hell out”. On top of this, Theramore was actively supporting the Alliance War Effort on Kalimdor by the time of its destruction. It was an active combatant state in a World War.

If Taraujo was “a legitimate military target” due to its training of Hunters and Warriors for the Horde military, then Theramore … which was actively supplying the Alliance with supplies and forces … was absolutely “a legitimate military target”. The fact that Blizzard kept hammering home how awful the destruction of Theramore was, but did everything they friggen could to dilute the tragedy at Taraujo … shows just how far they’ll bend over backwards to keep the Alliance image as pristine and flawless as possible. And, I hate bringing up Taraujo unless I have to.

Theramore is not the tragedy that Teldrassil was by a large margin. Jaina is now fully reintegrated back with Kul Tiras, and is not going back. Claiming that the entirety of Dustwallow Marsh should go unused by a group of people that could really use it, purely out of self-rightous spite … is absurd. The Horde already gets a large burning symbol of our villainy in that giant tree, we don’t need an incredibly forced second symbol of that … no matter how sad it made Jaina.

4 Likes

I thought the large symbol of your villainy was Azshara

3 Likes

But…

A) He can’t deliver on it. Not without almost certainly destroying the Alliance as well.

B) A threat issued in a moment of extreme emotion does not bind your descendants to an extreme foreign policy goal for all time.

4 Likes

That’s just a large symbol of the goblins’ lack of environmental regulations.

…okay. Point taken.

5 Likes