The Post-Fourth War World

No, he’s just the guy that had a great time planning this war, eagerly slaughtered his way to Teldrassil so that he could hold its population hostage, and brought the catapults that burned down Darnassus to Darkshore.

1 Like

To protect the Human Kingdoms?

Eagerly slaughtered lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Yeah all those orcs and undead died to protect humans right

And he had loved this war, too, hadn’t he?

A Good War, page 87

Unless this is another case of a character lying to themselves like Sylvanas

1 Like

yeah right, thats why he rebelled and dead right, cause he loves war so much

What Orcs? What Undead? Just because they have some new converts, does not invalidate their entire history prior to that! Also, as a side note … they recruited outside of their religious beliefs solely to fight the Scourge; which is becoming a rather mute point since the Scourge are barely a threat now. Their fight against the Legion is also done.

Also, here’s a fun quote from one of those Orcish Argents. The only Orc representative who has dialogue btw. "Our cause is to fight swiftly and mercilessly against any element of evil that surface in Azeroth. We are not a political body, nor do we ever wish to become one. " It is their creed to never become a political body. They will not become one.

No, he rebelled because he didn’t like the way Sylvanas waged war.

2 Likes

yeah but its totally cool to just get rid of them cause you are so afraid of humans right, almost buying into the lies sylvanas herself spouted in this xpac. Nothing that you say will ever make me think that getting rid of a neutral faction in the game for horde to have land is a good thing, specially when you have massive bias like the argents need to go, but the broken they need to stay, your the one trying to check the alliance cause of your solid belief in power levels, I dont believe in power levels, I dont think any alliance player can, I just want the story to progress naturally, I want to see what the argents are doing, I want to see what is happening in every land, what faction it belongs to is meanless and stupid, the balance blizzard has should be maintained.

To be fair, he brought those catapults in hopes of getting the Night Elves to evacuate as many as quickly as they possibly could so the Horde would have less people to take care of if they did occupy Darnassus.

Though, yes, Saurfang was using the war like a drug to distract him from the mental health problems he was going through. It was definitely not a good look for Saurfang.

Why do you keep assuming giving those territories politically to the EK Horde equates to getting rid of the Argents? I just do not understand your lapse in logic here. They can retain their outposts, but make room for settlement by the Horde races in that region. Why is it only extremes?

If the Argents truly never intend to become a political entity, then there should be no problem with them just continuing what they’re doing in Horde territory. Its no different then the Steamwheedle retaining their neutrality in territories like Winterspring if the NEs were truly allowed to fully reclaim it. Or Tanaris, if the Farraki are truly joining the Horde bringing the zone with them.

1 Like

Don’t think it worked, the dementia still kicked in and made him forget honor was a thing long enough to backstab Malfurion.

2 Likes

So you think it would just be cool to have alliance players quest in a horde zone with argents, that literally doesnt make sense

Saurfang felt bad about that, too.

A dishonorable blow, Saurfang thought numbly. He is a hero of ten thousand years of war. I once fought at his side. And now I’ve felled him like a coward.

The dude was in on an active battlefield and reacted to a threat he didn’t quite see; one fighting his current Warchief. He actually doesn’t realize that he hit Malf until after he hit Malf. Did you not … read A Good War?

Droité is mostly right about this as well:

Saurfang saw antlers. Without thinking, he threw his axe.

The moment it left his hands, he wanted to call it back. That was Malfurion Stormrage, alive and preparing to rejoin the fight against the warchief.

Though in A Good War it wasn’t about helping his warchief. Saurfang just reacted.

Yeah … nothing like forcing one factions players to fight for the themes, characters, and factions of another. God … that would be such a horrible situation for the Alliance players to deal with; its having that like fragment of a quest chain in Cata all over again.

Also, I would assume that the Argents would just go areas they needed to be and thus can work with anyone like they normally do? If they are a Global Organization like they want to be, they should be everywhere. And Lights Hope will remain neutral. As will I assume the Tomb of Uther.

2 Likes

The warchief battles Stormrage alone.
If Sylvanas fell, it would be up to Saurfang to finish the job. He was not sure he could.
The fighting was still hundreds of feet away. Saurfang crept toward it, watching flashes of dark
violet and emerald green ahead.

As I said, dementia. Really common this whole expansion.

yeah and the forsaken would just leave them alone right, nah I rather zones actually remind neutral, the last thing this game needs is for more zones to be past around so when we do the faction war again there is more butthurt about territory and towns again

Count me corrected. He was aware. Sorry about that. Still felt bad about it though.

God … I really should not expect more from a writing team that seems to have such a bad concept of Horde Honor that they can only describe it in reference to how the Horde treats the Alliance.

1 Like