The Plague Event is Fine, but only if it's Opt-In

I do: People who played at the time.

I was kinda looking for something more substantial than hearsay.

nope I’m speaking of the zombie invasion during wrath which did the same stuff you got transformed into a zombie and you were hostile with everybody sounds like you didnt play back then.

I thought you were speaking of the naxx patch in vanilla?

There was no event during the vanilla nax patch.

I stand corrected again, to a degree though. There was a Nax patch world event called the Scourge Invasion however I can’t find anywhere that it turned you into a zombie, and even though zombies would attack capital cities, the zombies were yellow and therefor were not a threat unless attacked.

1 Like

It depends, we might both be mistaken and he’s talking about the second naxx patch where naxx disappeared from the plaguelands and the wotlk prepatch started with the undead. But it’s too unclear.

That very well might be the case, the place I read all this from also states that partway through the Wrath prepatch the Sourge Invasion event was put in alongside the Zombie Infestation event (which is the event returning for SL I believe).

1 Like

That is one of the MAIN issues. You lose all agency over your play. Other people decide what you can or can’t do.

You would think that being locked up in your house unable to leave under threat of jail because of a real world pandemic, the Blizzard devs would go “you know what? Now may not be the best time to let other players control what a player can do in game”.

Authoritarians gonna try to control everyone all the time through. Devs or griefers, someone in game wants to make sure we can’t have fun

1 Like

I remember most everyone participating…didn’t see many complaints at all.
Just because there are loud complainers doesn’t mean their opinions are significant for the game to change to suit them.

Blizzard can’t even fix the lag in Vale during the week when the World Boss is up there. I’m glad you have some magical belief that they can fix something where there will be thousands of zombies all over the place.

They want to find out who the whiniest little you know whats are… so they can laugh at them

1 Like

Are you trying to earn yourself a forum ban for incivility? Because this is how you do it.

Just to address this since it’s a good question for perspective. I am in favor of this event and I do not pvp. I don’t have an issue with hiding in my garrison or logging if the event gets tedious or unfun to me. Others don’t share the opinion that option is viable for them and I’m okay with that. Not wanting anyone to be forced to participate. I would hope everyone would at least try it before deciding though.

1 Like

I am looking forward to this event, just sounds like a ton of fun to me and I’m fine looking a couple weeks of questing for a one time event.

But I am not the only one playing the game. Some people just don’t want to deal with this event and that’s fine, people play different ways. So +1 from me for opt out system.

2 Likes

You are fine giving up a couple of weeks of questing for a 2 time event that we have already gone through and was deemed a failure?

How about giving us out timers Chromie time and let us fast forward through this stuff kinda like you are letting us choosing the leveling. Force any player who never did it to do it. Especially all the newbs. Lets see the newbs lose 1/2 of their free month getting killed over and over and over again until they log out. Let them come back the next day and have the same thing happen. Let them come back the 3rd and see the same? Think they will log in for the 4th day?

2 Likes

everything I have seen says these are kinda steroid zombies. If I gotta die, I want to die heroicly to a inhuman wave of zombies, fighting to the last. Not one pitiful skater zombie that I cant hit and does 2 zillion damage to me with 1 claw tied behind his back. Make it decently easy to hold your own against 4 or 5 of them and we should be ok.

and its not a 1 time event. looks to be a 3 time so far event.

2 Likes

Well one time for me, I didn’t play it originally due to my 12 year absence from the game which might be why I’m looking forward to it. But I do fully agree with the opt out so people who don’t want to do it don’t have to.

Why im not surprised OP plays a panda

3 time event?

The event is fine

1 Like