The Plague Event is Fine, but only if it's Opt-In

lol, why trying so hard? need to prove something?
You’re part of the problem with this community.
Don’t worry, i’m sure yours is not that small that you have to prove yourself to unknown strangers on the internet.

I think it’s absurd that you think there is some sort of middle ground that can be reached that doesn’t start at opt in with warmode. PVP should not be mandatory in any aspect of the game ever, for any reason. The fact that blood of the enemy and conflict and strife were locked away behind PVP is still absurd when they can’t fix the high end faction imbalance.

all i hear is whining dont like dont play thats it you nor anyone else is going to sway whether is stays or not i could care less

This is different. This is not a faction or race war.
My approach, if i may, for this is:
This is supposed to be an uncontrollable and uncontainable zombie invasion.
Think of something like Resident Evil, or The Walking Dead, or World War Z.
There’s no “ohh, that player has WM, i can attack him”, it’s just mindless assaults from an equally mindless creature. Turning players into ghouls is also understandable, because in media if a zombie bites you you’ll also turn into one later. The problem is giving players who will abuse the system too much control or freedom to act rationally with such creatures control. But they can’t also remove all control from them because then what’s the point?
In other media when a zombie invasion occurs the people who don’t want to involve themselves with the event, what do they do? They barricade themselves, that’s why “hiding in the garrison” is always brought up, but that’s the same as logging off, then one won’t experience the event.
So, basically my point is, if you want to experience the event, you have to deal with whatever it brings the same as everyone else. The only thing that should be controlled is that players don’t have ways to abuse the system for griefing, and there’s dozens of options for that without the need to segregate the player base and make this the same as a scenario that one does and forgets.

Well, if you read anything i said you’d know i’m not doing that… But hey, gotta be the alpha right?

Source on these “reports”? You never provided them in OP.

Also, I’m pretty sure Blizzard knows what they’re doing here to prevent the incoming lag and server issues that would potentially arise. They have server data and are working on balancing it well, I’m sure.

But, yeah, post the source(s) please or I’m just gonna see this as another whiner thread.

It doesn’t matter if it’s not cross faction, it’s forced PVP. It does not matter if that exists in other games. Many people left their PVP realms years ago because many do not want to deal with it in WOW.

you sound like a beta to me…

Then dont go to the affected area and do what you do now afk in boralus spamming trade chat pretty simple solution.

I’ll tell now that I will probably take part, but I do not like the idea that Blizzard is not making it opt in for people that do not want to get involved at all since it will be PVP.

world event have never been opt in never if you dont want to do it then stay away its easy.

It’s fun to know that all the trolls that want this event calling others criers are actually the ones crying because they are afraid they won’t be able to force-ably grief others. It’s natural troll behavior.

1 Like

As far as I’m aware (correct me if I’m wrong), this is also the only purely pvp prepatch event to have occurred in all of wow’s prepatch events. So of course there was never a need to opt into a pve event, the game is practically entirely pve to begin with.

Well, i’m one who left a pvp server because i didn’t want to deal with it anymore.
And i’ll just say this is not the same, sorry but to me you’re being stubborn.
Anyway, i get your point, and more power to you. If they do it like you want great, if not sorry, i just wanted to find a way that there would be something for everyone not just a fraction to enjoy.
But i guess i’m being tyrannical hehe.
Anyway, sorry to bother, i’ll just see myself out.

nope in wrath and nax patch of vanilla you could be dragged into pvp by an infected. Same as it is now but worse because at least this has level scaling.

yeah, sure… if it helps you sleep at night champ

Then I stand corrected, never knew the Nax patch brought with it a pvp event, or even a event in general. I guess we’ll all see how this goes sooner or later. Either there will be a way to opt in/out, or there wont. I do wish they’ll add a opt in/out for people who don’t want to partake in the pvp but I’ll personally have fun trying to survive as long as I can.

It didn’t, he’s speaking of corrupted blood which isn’t something that happened during naxx. Basically he’s incorrect.

I never heard of this happening, do you have a source by chance?

typical beta deflecting common move…

I remember the stink people made when Stormwind was getting invaded by elementals during the cata prepatch and that was strictly PVE. I don’t get why Blizzard keeps trying this sort of thing over and over thinking it will be different every time. Make the greatest prepatch event ever, but don’t allow it in the cities.

1 Like