The Plague Event is Fine, but only if it's Opt-In

Only if you opt out ONCE you’re no longer eligible for ANY reward.

… Are… No, you can’t be that dumb.

Turning War Mode off turns your server into a PvE server.

2 Likes

Wrong, all servers are “Normal” or “RP” now. Nowhere does it say PvE.

There is no PvE servers.

3 Likes

Glad we could come to an agreement.

See? That’s not hard. Opt-in works.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound equitable to the world event.

But they all function like PvE servers now. You can PvP if you flag for it, but don’t have to. Exactly like a PvE server.

1 Like

Pandaren aren’t zombies.

Oh I know there was an out cry against covenants. I was just making a point how funny it is.

I remember the Wrath pre-patch. Absolutely loved it. Like you I can not wait!!

Holy mother of Karen Batman!

2 Likes

I’m sort of perplexed.
People want to not participate and they’re accused of being infantile yet then they are taunted with toys and prizes they won’t get in an attempt to change their minds? Belittle them further?

I am all for discussion. I actually want the event to go off as planned and no opt out for this brief, global event. I don’t really understand the other way of thinking though that logging out when I run out of things I want to do is somehow punishment.

Okay. I’ll see myself out now since I apparently am thoroughly confused.
:man_shrugging:

Except during special events obviously. So they operate like PvX servers.

Yes, just like the quests that people have to get, that are in the cities, and the world boss of getting to kill Nathanos. The problem is, players will grief it because they’ve been given an inch.

As I posted in another thread. They need to make npcs immune to becoming ghouls since they can’t be attacked if you’re not flagged. They need to put a time limit on how long a player can be a ghoul, and there needs to be a cooldown between times a player can be a ghoul.

Because as it stands now, with ALL of the pre-patch stuff being unique and limited time, giving griefers a tool to stonewall players trying to do the limited time quests. That is beyond the wrong answer.

That’s the important distinction between this and the Wrath event. The wrath event was literally just the zombies, only in SW and Org, and with no other limited time quests and things.

1 Like

You’re simply being contrarian at this point.

There were Normal “PvE” servers, and PvP servers, and RP servers, and RP-PVP servers.

Now all the PvP servers are effectively removed. That just leaves the “Normal” servers. Which are PvE servers.

It’s that simple.

All servers are PvE servers, with an opt-in option for PvP.

3 Likes

That happened pre-Wrath and didn’t happen in Legion at all.

Yes it is unique because the last time something like this happened was more than a decade ago. Its not much to ask that ONE event that lasts TWO WEEKS max affect everyone.

If players are willing to walk away from it all, 100% then I can’t really see a problem with it. I am wondering though how many will be like you. How many will want to opt out but still partake in the goodies? However kudos to you for your stance and hope nothing came off harsh in our exchanges.

Your example is just spiteful by nature.

1 Like

Nope, all servers are Normal, which means they operate under the standard which Blizzard set forth. In this case the servers are consentual pvp unless Zombie.

Not even half as much a drama queen as you clearly are.

I guess the target demographic for this event is antisocial control freaks who can’t have fun unless they’re free to involve players they know don’t want to be involved.

1 Like

I don’t see how. You wanted a world event that affects everyone. There you go. Don’t want to deal with it for two weeks? Then log off.

As long as they adjust the ghoul and Argent Healer tuning to what it was back for Wrath’s pre-launch event, I’m good with it returning. Currently nowhere close.