<The Phoenix Legion> (H-RP) Blood Elf Military RP

“The exercise of power is a balancing act. Overusing your power breeds resentment against you and will bring your enemies closer together. Never exercising your power means you will soon be forgotten and your enemies will act without taking you into consideration. Therefore, you must act deliberately in such a way that your foes must always keep you in the back of their minds while not making you the focus of their hatred. This is the guiding principle of the Phoenix Legion.”

–Excerpt from the journal of Lord Vardanis Brightmorn.

Who We Are:

The Phoenix Legion is a new Blood Elf/Nightborne military RP guild. Our guild’s premise is that we serve as a special expeditionary force to secure Silvermoon’s interests beyond its borders. We do this in a number of ways, both through independent operations and by aiding our Horde allies. To that end, we are involved with the Horde community and actively seek to cooperate with other Horde RP guilds.

Although we primarily focus on military actions, diplomacy plays a major role in what we do. Therefore, if your character isn’t militaristic, you can aid the Legion in other ways including support roles and serving as a diplomatic liaison to other Horde guilds.

What We’re Looking For

The Phoenix Legion is a guild by working adults for working adults. With that in mind, our events will sometimes have mature themes. Therefore, we require all members to be 18 years or older.

The Phoenix Legion is for Elf rpers only. We are completely loyal to Lor’themar Theron and the Horde. We now accept Shal’dorei, but they must work under the auspices of Quel’Thalas. We will absolutely not accept characters with divided loyalties between the Horde and Alliance.

OOC Rules

I generally operate under the Bill and Ted principle of “Be excellent to each other. Party on, dudes.” More specifically, the rules are the following:

1. Treat all members with dignity and respect. Absolutely no racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, etc. will be tolerated.
  2. Do not spread malicious rumors about individual players or other guilds in the guild chat, Discord, or anywhere else.
  3. If you have a conflict with another member or officer, I encourage all parties involved to hash it out privately among themselves like adults. If that is not possible, please come to another officer or myself with screenshots and we will mediate the issue. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should the issue be brought to the guild at large in guild chat, Discord, or whispers. I’ve seen many guilds fall apart due to members taking sides in a dispute between 2 or 3 individuals and that will not be the case here. If another guild member is harassing you and/or you don’t feel safe trying to resolve the matter privately, again, take screenshots and report them to me. They will be dealt with.
  4. ERP is not permitted on any character with the Phoenix Legion guild tag. Any ERP details in your TRP or involving yourself in public ERP will result in immediate removal from the guild.
  5. Avoid discussions of politics, religion, or other sensitive topics.
  6. All members must be 18 years or older.
  7. Respect all guild officers and follow their instructions.

IC Rules

Although I like to foster a fun, relaxed environment for all members, The Phoenix Legion is still a military guild. Therefore, there are strict rules that may come with strict punishments. Although I’m a strong believer in allowing players freedom to develop their characters in whatever way they see fit, please understand that RP decisions come with RP consequences. That said, I strongly believe in mutual consent for rp matters. Therefore, nothing will be done to your character without your permission. Simply understand that refusal to face RP consequences will likely result in your removal from the guild.

1. Conduct yourselves honorably at all times. Behavior that reflects poorly on The Phoenix Legion as a whole will be punished based on the severity of the crime.
  2. Bloodthistle use is strictly prohibited. Anyone caught using the herb or operating under its influence will be punished. Note: This does not include OOC use. If you use the herb for the buff outside of RP, feel free to be as much of a thistlehead as you want.
  3. During Legion events, we ask that you adhere to mount and uniform standards. We ride different mounts for different roles.
  • Officers, regardless of class, ride the Swift Red Hawkstrider
  • Warriors, Demon Hunters, Monks, and Rogues will ride the Swift Warstrider. This requires PvP marks of honor. If you do not have the mount, we will be happy to help you get the marks.
  • Mages, Priests, and Warlocks will ride the Swift Purple Hawkstrider
  • Hunters will ride the Swift Green Hawkstrider
  • Paladins and Death Knights will use their class mounts. For Paladins, please use the epic Thalassian Charger.

Moreover, we ask all players to please wear a guild tabard. Again, this only applies to events. You may use any tabard or mount(s) you like the rest of the time. Obviously if you’re new to the guild and haven’t had a chance to get a special mount for your class, you won’t be excluded on that basis.

1. Any attempt to play “double agent” with the Alliance will result in immediate removal from the Legion. If caught, the guilty party will face a tribunal on charges of high treason.
  2. You will respect your superiors and obey their orders.

Events

The Phoenix Legion will engage in several events ranging from social events to military operations. Many of these events will be in conjunction with the Horde community while others are done independently. We will utilize the Conquest system or the simplified roll 20 system in all events. There should be something for everyone.

Beyond that, we may run OOC PvP and PvE events. With sufficient interest we may even set up arena or RBG groups as well as mythic and raiding groups.

How to Join

Please reach out to me directly or one of our officers (Telindron, Ellusen, and Netherhound). My battle tag is Nikephoros#1295. Alternatively, Ellusen’s battle tag is Lady Hopecry#4370.

21 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/950851099349360680/998522447219408936/2022-07-17_19-54-15-710_Neneko_WoW_31_Portrait_Dark_Warm.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/950851099349360680/998522448968433674/2022-07-17_19-54-42-553_Neneko_WoW_31_Portrait_Dark_Warm.png

Credit to Mirchea and Corta for the wonderful screenshots!

We’ve kicked off our collaborative guild campaign Dirge of the Dead Scar. The first event was a blast and we’re looking forward to more in the next two weeks!

7 Likes

Great shots!

3 Likes

After a long campaign in the Ghostlands, the emerging Scourge presence has been quashed. They are simply the latest of a long line of fools who will be obliterated by the might of Silvermoon. Glory to the Sin’dorei! Quel’thalas is eternal!

6 Likes

Taken by Alandil and Ellusen at the final battle!

8 Likes

I might main undead characters, but I’m a sucker for elves! The Phoenix Legion has my heart. Great guild and awesome people!

6 Likes

While the Dirge of the Dead Scar was exciting it is nice to wind down and just have a blast! This week ToA is in town! Phoenix Legion gets to cut loose and enjoy bumping elbows, and maybe a friendly jab or two, with those we normally would not get to see! Must not forget screenshots!

5 Likes

Great bunch of folks right here!
UCN sending some love!
<3

5 Likes

Promotions tonight were a success! Congratulations everyone and congrats to our newest officer, Legate Sarill Dawnstar! <3

6 Likes

Congratulations to all who ranked up today. Glory to the Sin’dorei!

3 Likes

We’re gearing up to attend Midnight Rites. Looking forward to it! Get your Silverpine Quests done!

4 Likes

See you there, fellow elves!

5 Likes

I love seeing guilds for Blood Elves that use Phoenix involved with their name. Much like how I love the Ashes of Alar guild. I hope to see you lovely folk around soon. Keep up the good work. <3

AND GLORY TO THE SIN’DOREI!

4 Likes

I’ve been with these nerds for about 2 1/2 weeks, it’s been blissful fun ingame as well in voice chat! YOU SHOULD COME GIVE US A TRY! AAAYYYYYYY

4 Likes

Glory to the Sunwell! Beautiful thread & guild. Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We’re just past the six month mark and it has been something! We’ve had many adventures from Scourge to Alliance meddling, to Scarlets and gnomes! Conquest to Homefront and yet more to come. And we just became signatory members of the Coalition of the Horde!

Recruitment is still open! Check out the Discord, give us a try, and be here in the first year of the Phoenix Legion!

4 Likes

Good crew, lots of fun to work with.

5 Likes

We have new events coming up with Dragonflight! Always recruiting more patriotic sin’dorei to the cause! Come down and serve Quel’thalas!

5 Likes

Hi there,

I love your guild theme! I am wondering when you usually host events? As in days/times?

3 Likes

Hi there, it varies significantly depending on what we’re doing. Our internal events are generally done on weekends and/or Mondays. We also do a lot of community related events which occur throughout the week. You can never do a time that works for everyone, but I like to spread things out so everyone can at least go to some events.

In terms of times, we try to get started around 7 or 7:30 ST.

2 Likes